Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for Crime in The Sims 4! Lots of signatures and counting!

13...Next

Comments

• DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Yay! Everyone who signed up is updated!!

Keep up the good ideas, they are awesome!
  • BlueHoodBlueHood Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2013
    signed
  • ChainzzChainzz Posts: 207 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sign me up, we need a little spice in our Sims life. :twisted:
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't care since I'm not buying it, but the main reason I play the sims is to have a peaceful world, to escape all the real life violence going on in the world. I went through a period in TS3 where my sims were getting burgled every night, and it got old real fast, even when one of my sims beat the snot out of a burglar. I want a game where I can create and build up without anyone or anything coming along and messing it up.

If they do add more crime to the game, they also need to add an opt-out option.

NOT signing, our world needs to move away from the culture of violence, not give into it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Freakyteen22Freakyteen22 Posts: 93 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like the idea of more crime into the game;
    The main reasons I played the sims 2 so much was because I could torture them when I had a bad day..You can't do that in the sims 3.

I have had a meteor crash a few times in game, usually with sims with the coward or insane trait. I also recently had a burglar rob my sims house, apparently some sims can free the criminal. Haven't tried it yet but I'd like to see if there is any consequences to it.

Also I've had a few of my sims able to vandalize property by blowing stuff up on community lots and getting fined :/ not sure if they can be sent to jail for this or not. I really don't like the curfew sims have, I'd like to see this eliminated and have the parents set a curfew instead of it being a global and specific time.

As far as teens doing pranks on the school, like say flooding the school it'd be great if the sims could get punished for it by doing "time" to teach them not to do it again, although rebellious teens could do it again and again.

The game needs more consequences and bad events to happen and not rainbows and unicorns.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree! It is funny how much crime seems to vary per simmer. My sims have been robbed, i would say a good amount. I wonder if there are variables that make a sim family more likely to be robbed, and that is why it seems rarer in some people's games.

Daredevil sims should be able to do something that is actually daring. Evil sims should do something evil that would work with a t rating. I love love to play evil sims. I once made an evil guy sim for a modeling comp for another forum. I had this idea that he conspired with the devil. Wouldnt it be cool if your sim could talk to the devil or something? Perhaps a funny version of him could even show up. If we have the grim reaper, why not?

Maybe talking to the devil, your sim could make other sims evil too or something, perhaps make them possessed or something.

I also imagined he pestered rich sim ladies to tell him how to get their money. So it would be stealing, but there would be a little more something to it.

Here he is (some of my pictures were too dark for the the teen rating, but i think this is fine)

wickedassign1-3.png

I would also love to see inside the jail. They should taunt one another or even get some friends. I dont want them to have to stay in too long though, i think the time in sims 3 is sufficient.

Maybe they could also purposely set a house on fire? I mean, i guess you could technically do that now, but the sims in the house wouldnt recognize it as an evil doing.
  • tigerpixietigerpixie Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    signed
  • FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Other then the Burglar, here is some other crimes I would like to see.
    No murder or assulat please, that will raise the rateing to M.

If the sim have the evil or keltomanic trait-The sim will have the opion in the mean interaction mug sim.

Also the burglar should have the ability to lock pick locked doors and go through the window.

And the sim have the ability to steal from the mailbox, the museum, open the cashire and snatch things from other sims example when useing theire smartphone, eating an ice cream cone etc.

Considered it sighned.
  • sammie512sammie512 Posts: 10,211 Member
    edited June 2013
    Signed!
  • smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I am sure I commented on this like 2 times.... I don't know... but I hope this stays!! lol sign me up!!!!!!!
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited June 2013
    Add me. Besides, sims can go to jail. I mean we don't need to kill other sims but why not some crimes like stealing, arson, not paying child support(which should be introduced into TS4), breaking and entering in homes which you can do in TS3.
  • DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I will update it soon I hope! Don't worry, I am not abandoning this,haha
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Signed
  • BlackuniformBlackuniform Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I'm all for it. However, what I have in mind is a little more devious :twisted:

I would like to be able to pick-pocket other sims, sneak into houses and steal stuff. Especially if you're on the Criminal career track. The closest I ever got to that was with the Kleptomaniac trait. But that didn't really fill the niche.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited January 2014
    Count me in so long as you can ALSO combat the criminals! It irks me that the only way you can fight a house robber is if your Sim has the brave trait. And if someone successfully steals from you, you should be able to hunt them down, either with the help of police or a PI you'd have to pay. There should also be criminal Sims that try to mug you but you should be able to run away or beat them up with a reasonable chance of success. And seeing the guy who mugged you at a party should elicit an IMMEDIATE reaction from your Sim, whether that be fear or a boiling rage, depending on their traits.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited January 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Count me in so long as you can ALSO combat the criminals! It irks me that the only way you can fight a house robber is if your Sim has the brave trait. And if someone successfully steals from you, you should be able to hunt them down, either with the help of police or a PI you'd have to pay. There should also be criminal Sims that try to mug you but you should be able to run away or beat them up with a reasonable chance of success. And seeing the guy who mugged you at a party should elicit an IMMEDIATE reaction from your Sim, whether that be fear or a boiling rage, depending on their traits.

Couldn't have said it better! I also agree with most of the other suggestions. Keep it fun but spice up the game. It's ridiculous to have a Daredevil Sim who's biggest accomplishment is to eat dirt. Kleptos should be able to pick what they steal - and go to jail if they get caught. PLEASE PLEASE EA, remember your adult players! This game is supposed to be rated T for Teen, not T for Toddlers.

BTW, you can add my signature to the petition. :)
  • TRICKSTARRRTRICKSTARRR Posts: 11 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I would like to join this petition:)
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    SIGNED
    jr73Y.gif

• simssims2sims3simssims2sims3 Posts: 400 Member
    edited January 2014
    signed
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2014
    agreed
  • dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited January 2014
    apparently we do still have burglars in the sims 3
    I've never had them come to my sim's house though
    maybe their stuff isn't nice enough? I don't know
    I have had meteors destroy a house though
    that was interesting
    shocking, extreme, scary
    I thought they would all die
    I quickly got them inside so it wouldn't fall on them but they were't safe there because everything caught on fire
    luckily they didn't die but it wasn't easy getting them all to safety avoiding the fire and extinguishing it all and stuff
    sims should be able to get really sick though
    they can get colds and nauseous but they should have times when you have to actually take them to the hospital and if you ignore the symptoms they could die
    and they could have disaster control settings to make them rare, uncommon or common occurrences

• dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited January 2014
    btw I always thought they should have had an expansion pack (so it would be optional) with settings that could be turned off and it would include more drama tragedy and difficulties in your sim's life
    like you could get sick or have a miscarriage
    get robbed or mugged on the street
    very rare cases of woohoo resulting in accidental pregnancy
    getting laid off or fired from your job because the economy isn't good
    if you treated your kids badly they could run away from home and live with a friend until you build up enough of a relationship with them to convince them to come back home
    stuff like that