Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for Crime in The Sims 4! Lots of signatures and counting!

Sims 3 was so nice and peaceful... BORING!

Who remembers the fear of seeing that little box pop up at the bottom right hand of the screen, where mysterious music would play and a thief or some other evil person would enter your home? And the immense panic that was caused, along with the police and everything?

We need more of that! Make life in the Sims more realistic...not cookie cutter perfect! In all the other Sims games, they put in crime. We don't want terrible crimes, but more low key ones, such as stealing, vandalism, etc.

Edit: Remember that this is my opinion. You do not have to agree, but everyone here has to be respectful, just as I will be to all of you.

Petition for Crime:
1. DancerBakerSimLove
2. Nesgirl
3. Jalida
4. CoreyCanadian
5. Deshong04
6. Narcissa
7. Snurfles
8. Cinebar
9. Katnap
10.Misgav
11.Zabeth0
12.Aeroprincess87
13.ClaudiaElzo
14.DragonWyng
15.ProwlG1Girl
16.Mia576
17.MrBerton
18.PHOEBESMOM601
19.Shawna95301
20.DekrRini
21.Marivanna
22.DCPuppyGirl
23.Fullmetal1890P
24.Seera1024
25.Enkeli63
26.Xpinkygirlx1
27.2011simone
28.Whitneysim
29.Loyallyroyal
30.Khasilooluv
31.AmaraRena
32.Darkraven1753

Also, make sure to read all the posts by others, who have great ideas for possible crimes, and interesting tidbits!

Comments

• redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited June 2013
    We do still get burglars coming into the house and I don't think that will change. However I could get with a bicycle or a car getting stolen as well. We were able to get car alarms in Sims 2. In fact we had more thing we could do with vehicles in Sims 2. I'd like that back please.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just thought about it Thieves stealing from the art museums would be cool as well.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited June 2013
    redrogue60 wrote:
    I just thought about it Thieves stealing from the art museums would be cool as well.

yes and yes! To both your posts!

I never got a burglar in the Sims 3...are they really rare? We need to have different varieties as well, I think!

Maybe we could have like a thing where someones dog gets lost, and your sim has the option to search, and if they find it they get a reward!
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2013
    I was getting burglars in Sims3 that an alarm is the first thing I put in the house even if it means doing out with other furniture for a while. I do miss the car theft thing-needing to get the alarms installed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2013
    Not only theives inside and out but characters like Claire Bear, what is it she exactly did? I don't remember.

And what about my evil, grouchy Sims..and Vermin?! Turning over trash cans, stealing the papers again. I miss the sentry bots zapping them a good one.

What about kids in the town spraying garage walls? These Sims just have it way too easy.

Where are the swarm of flies that come to kill off a nasty Sim? Pretty boring without them.

I just don't understand why fun things like skunks, bears, vandalism, and other characters from TS1, too, were left out of this game.

Yes, they are a bothersome, but The Sims was about having to deal with it..not to the point it didn't even exist.

'Sunshine, lollypops~~~'...it's too happy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Not only theives inside and out but characters like Claire Bear, what is it she exactly did? I don't remember.

And what about my evil, grouchy Sims..and Vermin?! Turning over trash cans, stealing the papers again. I miss the sentry bots zapping them a good one.

What about kids in the town spraying garage walls? These Sims just have it way too easy.

Where are the swarm of flies that come to kill off a nasty Sim? Pretty boring without them.

I just don't understand why fun things like skunks, bears, vandalism, and other characters from TS1, too, were left out of this game.

Yes, they are a bothersome, but The Sims was about having to deal with it..not to the point it didn't even exist.

'Sunshine, lollypops~~~'...it's too happy.

Exactly! there is no harm in a little rebellion :wink:
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2013
    Agree with the OP! Sims 3 is wonderful with the open neighborhood (never, ever want to give that up!) but they made the game SOOOOO easy! They definitely geared it towards the 10 year old and under set (not wanting to make anything too difficult for the little kiddles to accomplish) but at the expense of some of the funnest parts of the game. Drama makes for a much more interesting story! I hope this changes with Sims 4.
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2013
    I totally agree with this! We need the little things like this.

I played The Sims 3 as much as anyone else, and I had NEVER gotten a burglar to break into my house. Ever.

I miss that little raccoon that came to my house in The Sims and got into fights with my pets. OH MY GOSH! Does anyone remember those bunnies? They messed up your gardens. I remember having a bug where about 10 of them showed up at my house at a time. So cute! :mrgreen:

And also that sad clown that showed up and bothered your sims when you weren't taking care of them. Those random townies in The Sims 2 that kicked over your trash can, stole your newspaper, or left a flaming bag of *** on your doorstep. I'd like to see these things back.

As for actual crimes other than the burglar, I wouldn't mind seeing the conman from Bon Voyage make a return to pickpocket our poor simmies. Or something similar to that. But no violent crimes. No murders or random assaults. If that's too scary for a teen like me, I doubt the younger players would want to see that. :wink:
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2013
    I found it interesting that SGGraham mentioned during one of his interviews that he thought it would be cool if the criminal career was more involved like actually going into sims houses and taking stuff. I'm guessing he meant kind of like in TS3 commercial. He also mentioned players playing as the grim reaper and going around doing his job as neat idea.

Sound interesting. Maybe TS4 will have this. New lifestate: The Grim Reaper for base game. 8)
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've always fancied my alter ego would be some sort of super thief, and have tried to make him in game, but sadly our thief sims can't even choose what we steal, so instead of my sim stealing the priceless gem... He steal a light fixture :? , which can be funny but also frustrating when you want to steal a car but get caught with nothing :(

I am all for giving our sims more things to be arrested for, like public nudity (streaking is already in game), vandalism (we have it for graffiti but not making a mess), stealing (can only steal when alone :shock: ), I mean they could make our games very interesting by adding more things to get in trouble for.

Plus I don't think they would infringe majorly on people who don't like to play crime sims, since they wouldn't be stealing anyways :mrgreen:
  • JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2013
    The Sims games have always been to me like the movie "Stepford Wives" where life is perfect every day, and it's downright boring to me.

It definitely needs more excitement brought into the game.
    edited June 2013
    I am so glad you all agree! I am going to turn this into a petition...

One moment! can I add all of your names?
  • nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Yes

And I want certain activities to actually count as Crime and Sims to go to jail for them (and the jails to not be rabbit holes); the criminal sims could even try to escape. The time they spend in jail depends on the crime.

Stealing (in any form)
    Ludeness (includes public nudity and public woo-hooing)
    Arson
    Vandalism/property destruction
    Partying/causing a ruckus
    (if they must include these) Eating/using Magic Mushrooms/Herbs or if they get caught driving after drinking nectar/juice

If teens get caught drinking nectar/juice or getting a tattoo or if they are out after curfew (no simple grounding, I want real jail time)

Pranking
    Murder (not intense murder with weapons, but like with occults, like witches casting a fatal spell, burning a sim to death with arson, a vampire sucking all the blood from his/her victim, werewolf maul, meteor summon with an alien, drinking nectar/juice then hitting a pedestrian, etc, more goofy murders rather than serious)

If they set too much of a murder record (like burn a whole school down like my teenage witch accidentally did in the Sims 3 when playing with her fire spell), then a new death is introduced. The Sim will be taken into a chamber and will die by execution. Ghost cannot be spared by Grim Reaper (like old age), and has white and black prison stripes running through it.
    edited June 2013
    nesgirl wrote:
    Yes

And I want certain activities to actually count as Crime and Sims to go to jail for them (and the jails to not be rabbit holes); the criminal sims could even try to escape. The time they spend in jail depends on the crime.

Stealing (in any form)
    Ludeness (includes public nudity and public woo-hooing)
    Arson
    Vandalism/property destruction
    Partying/causing a ruckus
    (if they must include these) Eating/using Magic Mushrooms/Herbs or if they get caught driving after drinking nectar/juice

If teens get caught drinking nectar/juice or getting a tattoo or if they are out after curfew (no simple grounding, I want real jail time)

Pranking
    Murder (not intense murder with weapons, but like with occults, like witches casting a fatal spell, burning a sim to death with arson, a vampire sucking all the blood from his/her victim, werewolf maul, meteor summon with an alien, drinking nectar/juice then hitting a pedestrian, etc, more goofy murders rather than serious)

If they set too much of a murder record (like burn a whole school down like my teenage witch accidentally did in the Sims 3 when playing with her fire spell), then a new death is introduced. The Sim will be taken into a chamber and will die by execution. Ghost cannot be spared by Grim Reaper (like old age), and has white and black prison stripes running through it.

I agree with everything except all your pranking..i do not want sims to have the ability to kill others, that would just be odd. I mean...it would probably raise the rating as well as some pretty insane people...I just don't think that's okay

But i'll add you to the list!
    edited June 2013
    So i kinda just added everyone to the list..if you want your name taken off just say so :)
  • misgavmisgav Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2013
    O
    M
    G

YES!

The sims is tooooo, wayyy tooo peacefull, sigh me up, but only if its not a crazy crime all the time.
    edited June 2013
    misgav wrote:
    O
    M
    G

YES!

The sims is tooooo, wayyy tooo peacefull, sigh me up, but only if its not a crazy crime all the time.

Yay! thanks :)
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited June 2013
    One of my sims worked his way all the way up to being the Emperor of Evil...and then he was looking for a wife, so I had him invite over a lady friend from China and they were sparring in Karate. Enter the burglar.

Now, I don't know about you, but I'd expect that at the very least, the Emperor of Evil in his karate get up, would be able to pull some amount of intimidation on the burglar, or threaten him. He should be able to pull rank. He might choose not to in order to hide his identity from his special guest, but I rather think it should be an option, if the burglar is actually crazy enough to try to burglarize his ultimate boss, whom evidently tortures people in warehouses and holds the world hostage regularly for raises.

I'm not sure if there might be a subtle hint option, that might be fun. But I'm very sure that the burglar should have different interactions with those in the criminal career, even if it's just a rivalry thing...maybe the burglar was trying to ask for a raise by proving he could sneak in (supremely stupid move, but people do stupid things every day-therefore stupidity should be an option), maybe the boss of the burglar wanted to get rid of him, and sent him to steal from the big boss knowing that this is man who has a tank full of sharks who haven't been fed recently, or perhaps hungry tigers... criminals can be rather cruel to each other, or so they say. But if the big boss was smart about it, he could uncover the mystery and find out who really set this up, and punish where punishment is due. Though that might be a bit more complicated than a simple 'pull rank' interaction or 'subtle threat' interaction. I think those in the criminal career should be able to threaten in different ways, overt, over the top threats, and getting more subtle and sinister as one gets more evil.

So, while it might be flavorful to have more crime itself, from the mundane being pick pocketed to the more extravagant Jewel Thieves, to holding the world hostage, I think a few touches with threats and other interactions would make it feel like more of a lifestyle, or an identity than just some clothes you put on while you disappear into a building for several hours. I would imagine that there are some people whom would be in a better position to punish being pick pocketed or having their car stolen than the police. After all, the police have rules to stop them from over the top revenge. Most burglars should be unwilling to attempt to steal from people they know for certain to be ruthless murderers. Well, unless they are daredevils, insane or just oblivious.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2013
    What I don't understand is why we have sims who have the kleptomaniac trait and can join the criminal career, but can't break into houses? I really want this in the Sims 4. If I play a criminal, I want to be able to do some burglaries on my own and such.
  • mzawesomechicmzawesomechic Posts: 130 New Member
    edited June 2013
    this aint grand theft auto haha
  • ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Sign me up!

and also...

Bring Claire the Bear back!! :) plz

Claire_the_Bear_zps93655327.jpg
  • DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree; I'd definitely like to see more crime in The Sims 4. In fact, I recently posted a few ideas of mine on a different thread:
    Burglars shouldn't only come by at night when everybody's asleep; I'd like to see them rob a house during the day when no one is home. Also, it would be nice to see burglars try to run away when the police show up, forcing the cops to give chase. The burglar might hop in a car and drive off, in which case a high speed chase might ensue. Sims would be able to get updates on the chase by watching the news.

If a sim should return home and find their home burglarized, the police would come by to investigate. After speaking with the victims, the police officer would speak with the neighbors to see if they saw anything. If the burglar gets caught, one of the witnesses would go down to the station and pick him out of a police line-up.

Sims would also pick criminals out of a police line-up if they came home and saw the burglar, but the burglar got away before the police arrived. They would give a description of the burglar to the police and any sims that match the description would be brought in for questioning.

Of course, I'm only using burglary as an example. I'd like to see all of these things applied to other crimes as well, such as vandalism, carjacking, mugging, or shoplifting.

And here's my thoughts on mugging:
    Every time anyone mentions mugging, someone ALWAYS responds with "It will never happen." Well, not only can it happen, but it already has.

In TS3, sims have a random chance of getting mugged in the subway. In fact, the game actually warns you about it in the loading screen.

You can also get mugged in The Sims Medieval, if your kingdom's security is low enough.

In TS2, if you get pickpocketed by the unsavory charlatan and then pick a fight with him and lose, he'll steal another 100 simoleons. That certainly sounds like a mugging to me.

In The Urbz, your sim can actually mug other sims.

Anyway, I agree that The Sims needs more of a criminal element; something that will get the cops to put down the donuts and actually do their job.
  • ProwlG1GirlProwlG1Girl Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2013
    More crime is defiantly needed.
  • Mia576Mia576 Posts: 393 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree that there should be a bit more crime in The Sims 4 (I don't mean murders, shooting, or something like that)... So, sign me.
  • MrBertonMrBerton Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Also agree with the crime, the sinister music, and the fear of losing stuff :) To be honest, I found the gameplay of The Sims 3 waaaaaaaay too easy because of the lack of challenge and consequences. You can get to the top of a career in hours, it's a miracle to see burglars and bad guys\girls, and you become rich way too easy. They should introduce a difficulty setting for the game (right now, the game measures difficulty based on how many family members you have in a household... which is stupid), and give the option to make the game more challenging. :)You can add me to your petition. :)

What they should add in my opinion:

-People who try to blackmail you if you're in the top of a career... or rich.
    -Add more mysteries and dangers
    -50% chance for a burglar to carry a weapon. Okay, I know this is impossible because the game is kid-friendly. :D But they don't have to kill each other, just keeping your sim away from them, so you can't fight hand to hand ;)
    -If you're a cop, you should have a baton and gun to give checkmate to bad guys.
    -Enemy foreign saboteurs who infiltrate buildings. Every time I take the military career, the descriptions about people trying to kill you and stuff just makes me think about this. :D
    -Thieves and pickockets on the street. Not many, just a few. But still enough to keep your eyes peeled.
    -There should be more bullies among the kids who try to take on your children.
    -Make the ghosts creepy and scarier, and more dangerous, pleaaaaaase! (In the Sims 2, you can die of fright... this should return in Sims 4!)
    -Lovers should hire private detectives to follow you (disguised) if they're jealous of you, or think you might have another lover... instead of just hearing about it from gossips.
    -Add shark alarms to beaches.

It's just a few of my thoughts. :D