Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Online Gameplay a Good Representation of How The Sims 3 Runs?

Hi,

The computer that I currently have does not have the ability to play the Sims 3 really on any type of setting. I am going to get a new computer, so I decided to look into how The Sims 3 plays on some better computers.

I try to look for videos in which the videos show how the computer handles the game as it goes around the town (i.e. houses loading when first looked at, etc.).

I know that the people who upload these videos use FRAPS, and I also know that FRAPS can really slow your game down.

So my question is: when people upload, is that actually how the game plays when they aren't using a recording advice? Or does it run significantly better when the device isn't used?

Thanks for any help on this!
Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)

Comments

• Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    edited June 2013
    Bump!
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited June 2013
    For some people fraps can slow down their pc. Yet for many it doesnt. So it all depends on who your watching videos on.

The well known youtubers fraps shouldnt be slowing there pcs down at all. They have very reasonable pc's / high end pcs.

Hope i have somewhat helped. :)
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2013
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

that should help a bit, and checking out the Technical Forum for threads on computer requirements.
  • Options
    vgaddiction2259vgaddiction2259 Posts: 506
    edited June 2013
    I've heard recording devices can make the sims, as well as most programs lag.