Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What made you smile today? Part III ***WINNERS ANNOUNCED***

What made you smile today? Part III in the Little Lotto Series: Ends 12 June 2013 @ 5:30 PM PDT WINNERS IN 3RD POST

I've done this two times previously (here and here) and I loved it. I hope you all do too.

Pretty much the reason why I'm doing it is the same reason why I did it the other 2 times...because (1) it cheers me up to gift and (2) it also cheers me up to see what mad you smile and allows me to focus on the good things.

You know when you've had a rough day (be it illness, tough day at work, screaming kids, screaming co-workers or clients, etc) all you can focus on is the negative? Well, this contest is just to focus on something that made you smile in the last 24 hours.

make-you-smile.jpg[img][/img]

So on to the Rules/guidelines:

1. Simple, just write down what made you smile in the last 24 hours or so. 1 sentence minimum.

2. You can nominate yourself or another person. 1 entry per person. (edited 09 June to add the following in rule 2) Even those w/o WL can be signed up (as long as someone can reach them). And to make it just a wee bit easier on me, if you nominate someone, could you link to either their WL or their "My Page". The latter for those w/o wishlists. :mrgreen:

3. You can have 2 (yup TWO) entries if you ALSO include a picture of something that makes you smile. Such as things like I posted or gifs or such. Just remember EA's TOS (don't want to get anyone in trouble when the point of this is just to smile)

4. A person can only be entered once so make your nominations and/or entries count.

5. Contest ends 12 June 2013 @ 5:30 PM Arizona Time (or PDT)

6. Winners will be chosen via randomizer.

Now the fun stuff Prizes:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

1st Place: 300 SP from WL
2nd Place: 200 SP from WL
3rd & 4th Place: 100 SP from WL
5th Place: 75 SP from WL

big_smile.gif

Now what made me smile today:

1. Messages from my Sims friends here when I was having a rough day and I really smiled at the kitty picture linked by HessethRan. You made me feel loved and cared about and that is such a great gift.

Smile-keep-smiling-11813858-1280-1024.jpg"height=400"

Comments

• becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    Entries:

melissam311554
    warlockfemale (nominated by melissam311554)
    Charicharn (nominated by Shrill)
    AnnitaEatsYa (nominated by Shrill)
    Kaylie27
    SALTPASTILLEN (nominated by Kaylie27)
    NOXXI
    CatherynBlue (nominated by NOXXI)
    Pary (nominated anettesb)
    snowdove58 (nominated anettesb)
    GreenDayGirl921
    misteygirl (nomiated by GreenDaygirl921)
    SoupahReo (nominated by Mmdrgntobldrgn)
    friendsfan36 (nominated by Mmdrgntobldrgn)
    noirshadow
    gaa17
    DawnLBrown (nominated by gaa17)
    DangerDanger (nominated by Alitoni)
    Greencats (nominated by Alitoni)
    BlackZanie (nominated by SeaGypsy)
    Tanner91 (nominated by SeaGypsy)
    Sara2573
    Mmdrgntobldrgn (nominated by Sara2573)
    xJulle
    Shrill (nominated by Charicharn)
    Saschatilo (nominated by Charicharn)
    MissKate8
    nilanius (nominated by lydiad206)
    LilyParker (nominated by ciane)
    Zoey95 (nominated by ciane)
    NewYork7
    tinkknitz
    Stafuny (nominated Rayshizzie)
    SuttiPutt
    EniracY
    MissCee
    StephBE (nominated by MissCee)
    Majestyk
    xSuperDucky
    Urgh
    UnwillingDonor
    angeliii82 (nominated by UnwillingDonor)
    AimForTheHead
    psychochick966 (nominated by AimForTheHead)
    Loppie1988
    Rockleyfamily (nominated by angeliii82)
    Candygurl84 (nominated by Svineprutter)
    jwghost (nominated by SALTPASTILLEN)
    TheKrazy_KimSim
    sdw4 (nominated by TheKrazy_KimSim )
    DivaOfDarkness
    gaa17 (nominated by Ra345)
    tkbluebasketball
    mangoesandlimes (nominated by tinkknitz)
    Shannon1w1
    Amaira

Now closed for drawing: I'll have the winners posted up tomorrow morning my time.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2013
    And the Winners are...

1st Place: 300 SP from WL (gifted)

Rockleyfamily (nominated by angeliii82)

2nd Place: 200 SP from WL

tinkknitz (gifted)

3rd Place: 100 SP from WL

Shannon1w1 (gifted)

4th Place: 100 SP from WL

Greencats (nominated by Alitoni) (gifted)

5th Place: 75 SP from WL

Tanner91 (nominated by SeaGypsy) (gifted)
  • melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited June 2013
    What made me smile today? Opening up my emails and seeing that DolphineQ had gifted me a set (for being a sweetheart and helping bump up some contest threads, she said). I'd already won a contest and gotten a thank-you for bumping gift from the person that hosted it, so I was not expecting a thank-you gift, let alone a whole set!

What also makes me smile is my little kitty. She's fourteen and a half and going through some medical issues (like the rest of my household save for me at the moment *sigh* ) but seeing her happy helps to cheer me up.

Wopi6hV.jpg

(And yes, she does only have three legs. Been like that for near on six years now.)

Can I nominate myself and also my friend warlockfemale? Thank you for hosting! :)
    edited June 2013
    What made me smile today? Opening up my emails and seeing that DolphineQ had gifted me a set (for being a sweetheart and helping bump up some contest threads, she said). I'd already won a contest and gotten a thank-you for bumping gift from the person that hosted it, so I was not expecting a thank-you gift, let alone a whole set!

What also makes me smile is my little kitty. She's fourteen and a half and going through some medical issues (like the rest of my household save for me at the moment *sigh* ) but seeing her happy helps to cheer me up.

(And yes, she does only have three legs. Been like that for near on six years now.)

Can I nominate myself and also my friend warlockfemale? Thank you for hosting! :)

I wouldn't have noticed the 3 legs at all. She looks quite relaxed in the photo. And to answer your question, yes, you included a photo so works out great.

I'm glad someone made you quite happy today. I'm always amazed at the kindness and friendship I've found here in the Simming community.
  • ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ahh, a lovely lottery!

What made me smile today has been being with my family and them being totally supportive of my new job and move to another city, despite it being a bit of a weird thing to do at my age! I'm so glad of the support :mrgreen:

And as for a photo of something that makes me happy, well Reverend Richard Coles (he was in The Communards!) has been tweeting about his puppy - Audrey, over the past few weeks and I can't stop cooing over her:

photo1ksm.jpg

Look at her wrinkly legs!!

Ahem, composure...my nominees are:

Charicharn: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Charicharn

AnnitaEatsYa: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Annitaeatsya

Thank you so much for hosting!
  • Kaylie27Kaylie27 Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited June 2013
    I smiled today because my cats are just the most precious things. They have been attacking each other for hours today while rummaging through boxes (we are in the process of moving lol) and my cats apparently know how to do flips in the air. I would like to nominate myself and SALTPASTILLEN. :D Here is a picture of my cats.
    io24rd.jpg
  • Kaylie27Kaylie27 Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited June 2013
    And I would just like to say I am loving all of the animal pictures here. :D
  • NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited June 2013
    My lil boy ran up to me while i was cooking dinner and went 'er mum, seen one, big one *spider gesture with his hands*' so i went to go see yup theres a spider. I decided to leave it for a couple of mins while sorting dinner. Went back it had disappeared, so i told me boy it he sees it again he should stomp on it! So he then spent 10 years trying to sniff (litterally) the spider out, occasionally stopping to wrestle a cushion just in case the spider was under it.

I spotted this earlier whilst looking for a fun gif, it didnt fit the bill i was looking for, but it made me alugh so much, ive been waiting for an excuse to use it;
    tumblr_mdhz4e1mfV1qc9lhz.gif
    Its just fabulous darling!

(Also i want all the outfits around him.... and that fan!)

Could i enter myself and http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=CatherynBlue please :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2013
    The bird nest right outside my bedroomwindo makes me smile… I think the little birds have hatched… but as it is up under the roof I can only hear them… the parents are very busy though and there is lots of sounds from the little ones.

Watching this outside my bedroom window (well a bush like it) makes me smile
    Hvid_syren_1024.jpg

I like to nominat
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Pary
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=snowdove58

thanks for hosting
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2013
    just a note... your tittle is very long it can make posting a respond tricky for people.
    Bigger risk of liam and dishwasherbaby
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    The thing that made me smile today was seeing how happy my little brother was after opening all his gifts for his birthday! It made me happy seeing how much he enjoyed them. :D

And cute puppy gifs also make me smile!
    tumblr_lyuh3zwwYa1roez7do1_500.gif

I'd like to nominate myself and <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=misteygirl">misteygirl</a&gt;
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2013
    Spending time with my husband this am, tons of smiles and warm fuzzy's.

I would like to nominate SoupahReo: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SoupahReo

and

friendsfan36: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=friendsfan36

thank you so much for hosting

pictures that make me smile
    tumblr_inline_mfpjnd6kgE1qfv2x9.png

h0555DAB3

and most importantly
    large.jpg
    and all of my other sim bud's :mrgreen:
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • noirshadownoirshadow Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Something that made me smile today happened when I went to dinner and could hear the family in the booth next to mine discussing superhero comics. One of the women kept asking why things worked certain ways. I was polite and didn't interrupt them but I knew all the answers!

I'd like to nominate myself.
  • gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2013
    My little one always makes me smile so I'm going to follow the earlier trend of posting a pic of my furbaby.

Wf5RSRGl.jpg

As for nominations: myself and my granny/mentor--misteygirl
    edited June 2013
    gaa17 wrote:
    As for nominations: myself and my granny/mentor--misteygirl

Alas Misteygirl has been nominated. You can choose another. K?
    anettesb wrote:
    just a note... your tittle is very long it can make posting a respond tricky for people.
    Bigger risk of liam and dishwasherbaby

Thank you for pointing that out. I think I may have fixed it. Hope so.

I should now be updated to here. Your posts are really great. It helps on a rough day to read these. I hope to hear more.
  • gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2013
    No problem.. Can I nominate DawnLBrown? :-)
  • AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited June 2013
    What makes me smile is spending the day with my boyfriend. He's a hoot!

I would like to nominate:

DangerDanger because she makes me smile. Nay, she makes me laugh ... a lot.
    Greencats because she makes me smile all the time.

This definitely makes me smile:

narcolepsy_zpsf87a5663.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Alitoni wrote:

This definitely makes me smile:

narcolepsy_zpsf87a5663.jpg

Me too!
    I love all the entries. It helps keep my mind off things and I need all the smiles I can muster today. :mrgreen:

Sending smiles and good cheer out to everyone.
  • SeaGypsySeaGypsy Posts: 367
    edited June 2013
    I got a little bit older today :cry: but what made me smile was having a nice day with my family and receiving some sweet wishes here. :D

This beautiful work of art by my daughter also makes me smile:
    205fc8e8-4b00-49ac-ae59-84a7e9745a21.jpg

BlackZanie
    and
    Tanner91

Thank you for hosting! :D

• Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013
    Something that made me smile today was my friends in this certain post. We talk about our Sims' stories and they always say such nice things about other peoples' stories. The things they say about my stories just put a smile on my face.

Myself
    And my mentor: Mmdrgntobldrgn (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Mmdrgntobldrgn)

27100d1259817466-few-funnies-funny-dog-pictures-new-black-cat-rug.jpg?stc=1
    (This made me smile because it reminds me of my own cat and dog. :P)
    edited June 2013
    Sara2573 wrote:
    Something that made me smile today was my friends in this certain post. We talk about our Sims' stories and they always say such nice things about other peoples' stories. The things they say about my stories just put a smile on my face.

Myself
    And my mentor: Mmdrgntobldrgn (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Mmdrgntobldrgn)

Sara, to get your second entry you need to include a picture of something that made you smile such as a funny GIF or a lolcat.
  • Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sara2573 wrote:

Myself

Sara, to get your second entry you need to include a picture of something that made you smile such as a funny GIF or a lolcat.

My first picture wouldn't work. I updated my post now. :)
  • melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't have noticed the 3 legs at all. She looks quite relaxed in the photo.

She's my adorable little fuzzball ♥ She loves sunbathing in the garden, and if you're out there with her she'll meow at you, flump on the ground, and start rolling over and acting cute to get attention (that's what she was doing there).

I'm also amused by the sheer number of cat pictures on this thread so far :P
  • xJullexJulle Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2013
    What made me smile today were that one of my friends said that he could drive me to the house were there is going to be a kind of "meeting" (not boring meeting, a fun meeting) because he wanted me there :)

I could only nominate one person right? If so - I nominate myself :)
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello

Watching my children have fun with friends and making new friends. Giving hugs to friends. Watching my bil face light up when I handed him a half of loaf of freshly baked banana bread to take back home for their family after they returned our son :) Finding a little frog on our porch this morning.

6ddb3fe6-307a-4418-8ec6-4e9d7e6ddf90_zps5019a840.jpg

This is an old pix but it always makes me smile.

246f61c2-ef36-4d22-9d17-3b785946cc03_zps055634bc.jpg

Nominate: Shrill: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Shrill
    Saschatilo http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=saschatilo

Thank you so much Sweet Jenn for hosting this. May you have many smiles :)

charicharn