Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need some help with Sunset Valley (Mostly Goth related)

Long post with many questions:

Recently, I've gone back to my SV file, which is very out of date. I'm playing as the Goths, and I'm keeping strict canon with the timeline (as much as possible anyway, while still being fun. No way am I matching people's skills to the their Sims 1 or 2 levels..)

First of all, lots. Is there a good list of lots suitable for Sunset Valley? Store worlds have great threads for this kind of thing, but I never see them for EP worlds, and definitely not for the base world. I put the Ambitions default lots in already, as if theres one world they fit in, its SV. I'm also looking for a good pile of clubs/hangouts/venues. I think I'll make that empty strip of land near the military base a club street

Most importantly, I need a good gothic mansion for the Goths to move into in the empty spot where the Landgraabs and Altos are. These three pretty much made the town what it is, so why not have them together? It would need enough space for Cornelia and Gunther, Mortimer and Bella, and possibly a toddler, if I let Cassandra be born in SV. Also would need space for two cats, Hecuba and Menelaus from TS1. Anyone know of a good lot out there that would fit this?

The old house will be left to the ghosts, who I'm being forced to revive due to some errors that popped up. Victor and Gretle lost their family ties to Gunther among other things. Now that Victor is playable, if I bring back Gretle as well, can I return them to unplayable randomly haunting ghosts? Preferably while keeping their marriage like it is at the start of the game? Ive never seen both Victor and Gretle haunting at the same time, so I dont know if I can restore it if it gets severed. Lolita will probably be made a living sim that looks after the old home, I'm pretty sure shes an ex-wife of Gunther's given the lack of family tree connections, and I don't want to **** around with family connections that aren't canon. I will have fun using the Traveler mod to visit Moonlight Falls and establish a connection with Samuel and Frida :p
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2013
    The last time I seriously played with the Goths I separated Cornelia and Gunther. They just didn't seem to get along. As a consequence I abandoned the old house. I moved Cornelia and Mortimer into a default house from the base game and placed the lot done closer to the town. All this allowed me to marry Mortimer off to Bella and live a relatively "normal" life. All this was before Supernatural. I would suggest moving the family to Moonlight Falls or at least looking at the houses from there.

I agree the row of empty lots would be a good club street. Personally I like Varg's tavern and the Red Velvet Lounge. I don't have Late Night yet.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thats one reason why I think Lolita was his first wife. She hasn't been dead that long either, her grave still looks somewhat recent. The Goths apparently arranged marriages, according to Frida's bio, so I guess Cornelia was kind of forced onto him. They do grow to love each other though, going by Sims 1

Hmm, maybe I can play this arranged marriage thing with Lolita and set her as the sister of Samuel's wife or something like that :p

Another question for people in the know about this kind of thing: Is it possible to give created lots an address? I made three new lots to accommodate the junkyard, salon and consignment store, and it looks weird having no address.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2013
    Never owned Sims 1 and of course they were gone by the time Mortimer set up home in Pleasantville. So had Bella and I never did get to find out what happened to her.

If Lolita is his first wife then who is Mortimer's mother? I always assumed it was Cornelia.

Anyway for Sims 2 I generally married off Mortimer to Dina Caliente. This made for some fun especially if she had been playing around with Don Lothario beforehand. I believe the Caliente sisters are in Barnacle Bay for Sims 3. The Don is in Riverview.

For Alexander I created a special sim. However in Sims 3 I don't ever seem to get that far. The last time I got Mortimer together with Bella they produced two girls. Again this was before I got the sauna in Sunlight Tides.

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita