Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I (personally) want in the Sims 4

I see everyone make these lists and so I decided to list what I want in TS4.

-Bedhead (I hate that they wake up with perfect hair. If only that was real life!!)
I think it would be cool if they did stuff we do in the morning. Brush their teeth, brush their hair, etc. Of course, some people might not like the idea of having to make sure their Sim brushes their hair.

-Floaty Toys!
When sims (toddlers, kids, possibly teens and adults) get in the pool, they can have pool toys. It would really add to having a pool. For the adults, there could just be those chair type things that you can relax on while floating in the pool. Example:
http://www.allbrands-hottubandspa.com/swimming-pools/images/caribbean-floating-lounge-chair.jpg

-Half rabbithole buildings
I saw someone mention this earlier. Examples are: an open movie theater, but the lessons and jobs at the movie theater are still uncontrollable. That way you don't have to keep an eye on them 24/7.

-See Inside Hospitals?
I honestly don't know how this would work. It was mentioned before. I think it would be cool to see your pregnant Sim to get advice and -maybe- watch them go to the Doctor when they get sick (like from weather).

-THIS! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=367958

I would also really like a daycare of sorts for your young Sims. Another thought is:

Preschool for toddlers. I know they might seem a bit young for that, but there isn't a stage between toddler and childhood.

For the daycare, I thought there could maybe be a list like the list for when your sims go to school.

Toddlers at Daycare:
-Play With Others
-Steal Bottle
-Sleep
Maybe some others.

Children (if it was also for children):
-Talk to Friends
-Meet Others
-Read
-Sleep (Everybody needs sleep. :D)
-Do Homework

Optional: Possibly haircuts? It would probably be hard to make that happen and I don't think it would work with most of the hairstyles. I like imagining it though.:) Have my sim's hair grow out as she grows up. It would probably be an option anyways as it could get annoying to some people.

Optional: Shaving?? I heard someone mention this. I don't know how this would really work either, but I don't want to imagine my sim's boyfriend having a ton of facial hair. :lol: :P

If I have any other ideas, I'll post them. Tell me what you think below.

Comments

• ThatoneaccountThatoneaccount Posts: 358 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just want townies who don't dress like complete idiots and realistic aging, no being a toddler one day, getting married the next day, and dying of old age the next day.

Also, I want more objects that kill sims, I wanted to make Saw in the sims 3 but it never worked out.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I want the option of having disabled sims-its not right having a 99% able-world. But as an alternative..children (and adults) breaking arm/legs when doing something (like a daredevil or clumsy sims would be more likely to break arm/leg then non-clumsy or non daredevil sims).

Interactive jobs-
    towns have elections for mayor and "Leader of the Free World" So it would mean if you were in that track you can go out and hold 'speeches',etc.

Journalist- Most of the time they would be sitting at a desk. But there can be the chance to go out and gather information about stuff. Maybe sometimes they could be chased by a dog. Even at rarer times chased by a politician.

I would like to see at least a pre-teen age

an "old fashion" kind of town style (butcher's, candy store,etc)

6adMCGP.gif
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just want townies who don't dress like complete idiots and realistic aging, no being a toddler one day, getting married the next day, and dying of old age the next day.

Also, I want more objects that kill sims, I wanted to make Saw in the sims 3 but it never worked out.

Sorry you can't have saw because of The sims team's rating they keep up with. Also you can control the aging on the options menu.
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2013
    I really want to be able to open windows.

and ceiling fans.

• Cassini90125Cassini90125 Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd settle for fewer crashes, freezes, and glitches, but that may be asking for too much.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd settle for fewer crashes, freezes, and glitches, but that may be asking for too much.

You can say that again!
  • Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Personally, I want the option of having disabled sims-its not right having a 99% able-world. But as an alternative..children (and adults) breaking arm/legs when doing something (like a daredevil or clumsy sims would be more likely to break arm/leg then non-clumsy or non daredevil sims).

Interactive jobs-
    towns have elections for mayor and "Leader of the Free World" So it would mean if you were in that track you can go out and hold 'speeches',etc.

Journalist- Most of the time they would be sitting at a desk. But there can be the chance to go out and gather information about stuff. Maybe sometimes they could be chased by a dog. Even at rarer times chased by a politician.

I really like those ideas. :)
    edited June 2013

This. ^^ I would love this.
    edited June 2013
    Noogster wrote:

and ceiling fans.

Ceiling fans ^_^

I would like the ability to open windows. You could open them during good weather and close them if it starts raining.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd be happy with more intelligent, self aware Sims with more emotional depth. If the Sims themselves were smarter and acted like they had a purpose in life that might take care of a lot of boring game play.

Some of the EPs we've gotten would be incredible to play if Sims themselves had more life to them.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it's because I'm super excited for the new animal crossing game, but the bed head idea made me laugh (in a good way). That would just be so entertaining to see. And it would be fun for those days when your sim doesn't wake up until the carpool is already honking, so they wouldn't have enough time to brush their hair and would have to spend the whole day like that. Anyways, love that idea.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it's because I'm super excited for the new animal crossing game, but the bed head idea made me laugh (in a good way). That would just be so entertaining to see. And it would be fun for those days when your sim doesn't wake up until the carpool is already honking, so they wouldn't have enough time to brush their hair and would have to spend the whole day like that. Anyways, love that idea.

Yayy. Someone finally pays attention to my bedhead idea. :P That would be interesting. Miss carpool to brush hair or go all day with messy hair? Hmm. :roll:
    edited June 2013
    Sara2573 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

Interactive jobs-

I really like those ideas. :)

the rare chance of being a chased by a poltican is because I'm making fun of a Toronto Mayor who did this a couple of months after being elected by some Toronto city People
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Kara16KatherineKara16Katherine Posts: 19
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see illness and injury, possibly even car crashes. I don't really like the fact that people get run over and don't get hurt! Also, I would like to see tweens and another age between toddler and child that goes to preschool.
    edited June 2013
    Kara you need to edit your post and take car crashes out, its a topic people get P'od about.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Kara you need to edit your post and take car crashes out, its a topic people get P'od about.

Seriously??

It's not against the rules for someone to suggest an unpopular idea. It doesn't matter if other people don't like the suggestion--a player is free to suggest things they would like to see in the game, so long as the suggestion would not increase the rating of the game. This particular suggestion would not necessarily change the rating of the game, so it may very well be unpopular, but the other member can make that suggestion.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited June 2013
    And to a lot of people, car crashes could raise the rating.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    And to a lot of people, car crashes could raise the rating.

Not necessarily.

I am not supporting the suggestion, but I do support the player's right to make the suggestion. Since the player is not requesting blood and all of that, it would not necessarily raise the rating at all. I just do not support other players enforcing their own opinions when someone makes an unpopular suggestion that is not against the rules in any way.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Kisky2002Kisky2002 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2013
    Noogster wrote:

and ceiling fans.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=440192

I have that mod, and it works great, and it goes well. ^.^
  • MissWiki91MissWiki91 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I would really, really adore the opportunity for online play. I know there are supposedly minimal, and optional online things to do.. but I'm really hoping its more than merely sending things to friends online. What would be REALLY fantastic if there were online hubs for our sims to go to, 'on vacation' quite like 3, with Egypt, for example. Except it's just some random place, things to do, and our online friends roaming with their online name tabbed beneath the name of their sim. Could be fun. :)

I agree on the need for another age set between toddler and child, and I think daycare would be a great idea.

I love how seasons added time and holidays, but there should definitely be the otpion to add more time, and therefore holidays and longer, realistic seasons to the year. Even the option to customize our years/holidays?

I'd like for the University time to be longer as well. Between studying and getting my sims needs up (without cheats), I rarely have time to party .. and isn't that what university is all about?! ;)

The option to edit the face of my toddlers.. I'm not sure if there already is an option for that, but my gorgeous sims keep producing the most scary, butterfaced children imaginable. It requires a lot of 'removal of the pool ladder' if you catch my drift.

The ability to move things around in the outfit chooser. For example, there was this really cute dress is 'everyday clothes' that I wanted as 'formal clothes' but obviously, it wasn't listed there. :( So that would be great. I'd really like to see in all the places on the map. Not necessarily needing to control them at work or at school, but it would be cool to wallsdown and watch them. :)

And for crying out loud, let me build lots on crappy terrain! I'll fix it when you let me put the lot there, I promise!

Less glitches also plz, but I figure that's a given. :)

/endrant
  • DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2013
    Here are a few ideas I'd like to see:

Morality Meter
    I think The Sims 4 could benefit from a "morality meter" instead of just good and evil traits. Sims on the higher end of the morality meter would donate to charity, help out sims in need, return lost wallets and other items without expecting any kind of reward, and maybe even put their own well being in danger to protect others (like rushing to another sim's aid when they see him or her getting mugged). Sims on the lower end, however, would do things like pickpocketing, mugging, breaking into other sims' houses and places of business, and would never help a sim in need.

When creating a new sim, you would be able to choose where they start on the morality meter and their choices and actions would raise and lower it. Also, the meter would determine how other sims treat them and who they hang out with.

Crime
    Burglars shouldn't only come by at night when everybody's asleep; I'd like to see them rob a house during the day when no one is home. Also, it would be nice to see burglars try to run away when the police show up, forcing the cops to give chase. The burglar might hop in a car and drive off, in which case a high speed chase might ensue. Sims would be able to get updates on the chase by watching the news.

If a sim should return home and find their home burglarized, the police would come by to investigate. After speaking with the victims, the police officer would speak with the neighbors to see if they saw anything. If the burglar gets caught, one of the witnesses would go down to the station and pick him out of a police line-up.

Sims would also pick criminals out of a police line-up if they came home and saw the burglar, but the burglar got away before the police arrived. They would give a description of the burglar to the police and any sims that match the description would be brought in for questioning.

Of course, I'm only using burglary as an example. I'd like to see all of these things applied to other crimes as well, such as vandalism, carjacking, mugging, or shoplifting.

Talents
    Talents are something I thought of to diversify sims skill-wise. Depending on what talent your sims have, they would learn some skills more quickly while other skills would be more difficult for them. Each talent would also have a unique "special skill" that only sims with that talent can learn. Selecting a talent would also allow you to give sims a head start in a certain skill instead of every sim starting out with absolutely no skills whatsoever. Here's a few examples of what talents could be like:

Genius: Sims with the Genius talent would get a head start in the logic skill as well as a bonus to handiness and writing. However, they would have difficulty learning the athletic and charisma skills. Inventing could be their special skill.

Musical: Sims with the musical talent would get a head start in the instrument of their choice and a bonus to any others they learn (As an added bonus, picking which instrument they get a head start in ensures that they learn to play that instrument, thus making it easier to put bands together). The special skill for this talent could be songwriting.

Sophisticated: Sophisticated sims would get a bonus to charisma, writing, and logic, but would have difficulty learning athletic or handiness skills.

Outdoorsy: Sims that are outdoorsy would get a bonus to fishing, gathering, and any other outdoor-related skill. They would be less inclined to learn any skills involving technology, however.

Jack of All Trades: Sims with this talent would receive a slight bonus to all skills. However, Jack of All Trades doesn't grant a special skill.

A note about mugging
    Before I finish up here, I feel I need to *** this impending argument in the bud. Every time anyone mentions mugging, someone ALWAYS responds with "It will never happen." Well, not only can it happen, but it already has.

In TS3, sims have a random chance of getting mugged in the subway. In fact, the game actually warns you about it in the loading screen.

You can also get mugged in The Sims Medieval, if your kingdom's security is low enough.

In TS2, if you get pickpocketed by the unsavory charlatan and then pick a fight with him and lose, he'll steal another 100 simoleons. That certainly sounds like a mugging to me.

In The Urbz, your sim can actually mug other sims.
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sara2573 wrote:
    Noogster wrote:

and ceiling fans.

Ceiling fans ^_^

I would like the ability to open windows. You could open them during good weather and close them if it starts raining.

Yes! c: just knowing your sim has fresh air and around the house because of the open windows and ceiling fans is spectacular. and it adds a little detail to a house.

I loved the smelly aroma machine thing..in the original sims; with all the different scents I felt like it made the sim happier. :-)

MTS_thumb_cmomoney-1202366-owmthumb.gif

(come on ea! it doesn't look that hard!)
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited June 2013
    I want to be able to sew things again -- clothes, curtains, etc. It could even be an "unlockable" or custom clothing that appears in CAS.
    edited June 2013
    Bump?
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would also like the gigantic tubs from the original game. I love those IRL, and I'd like to put them in homes I build. Making my own spa-bathrooms and such.