Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Is Refusing to Launch?

I downloaded some CC (which might of caused this). The CC was a few lots. Most of them said they were 'CC free' and I assumed that meant they were safe. I can't launch the Sims now. Sometimes, the launcher doesn't even open. When I launch it, the screen is just black. It does that when it loads, but I went to Task Manager which said that the Sims 3 wasn't responding. I tried getting rid of the CC, but for some reason, when I went to "Installed Content", none of my installed CC showed up. :(

Note:
I also restarted my computer twice. Other applications go from "running" to "Not Responding", but they work eventually. This was the case with my Anti-Virus program. (I also checked for viruses and I had none.)

I would like some help. I can't play the Sims until the screen stops going black.

Comments

• PandoraRitterPandoraRitter Posts: 787 New Member
    edited June 2013
    You said you went to task manager..did you go to processes and make sure sims wasn't running under that? I know sometimes I have that issue, I try and launch the game and nothing happens, I go to the task manager and delete it under processes and then it works.
  • Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013
    You said you went to task manager..did you go to processes and make sure sims wasn't running under that? I know sometimes I have that issue, I try and launch the game and nothing happens, I go to the task manager and delete it under processes and then it works.

When I launch it, it shows up in processes. I've tried ending it in Processes, but it doesn't seem to change anything.
  • Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited June 2013
    Until you figure out the problem with the Launcher (good luck with that), you can still start the game by clicking on the file TS3.exe. If you use Windows 7, the file is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Save a copy of the file to your desktop for easier access.
    edited June 2013
    Eden777 wrote:
    Until you figure out the problem with the Launcher (good luck with that), you can still start the game by clicking on the file TS3.exe. If you use Windows 7, the file is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

I heard if you do it that way, your CC doesn't work. That is the main thing I want to do. Uninstall the CC I added today. It was working fine before I added that. Whenever I try to uninstall it though, nothing appears in "Installed Content". :/ That has never happened before. I tried seeing if my Downloads was the same way, but the launcher crashed.
  • Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sara2573 wrote:
    Eden777 wrote:

I heard if you do it that way, your CC doesn't work. That is the main thing I want to do. Uninstall the CC I added today. It was working fine before I added that. Whenever I try to uninstall it though, nothing appears in "Installed Content". :/ That has never happened before. I tried seeing if my Downloads was the same way, but the launcher crashed.

No, everything works fine.
    edited June 2013
    Okay. I fixed it. It still crashes sometimes when I go to downloads or Installed Content, but I managed to uninstall some of the CC (and I figured out I still had some bad CC..so I got rid of that). My game is slower, but it works. Thanks for the help, guys!! :D:D
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2013
    updating to origin works as well, there's a new update to download from Origin, I found this the other day, I couldn't launch my launcher for some reason, and immediately thought to update my Origin account, and there was a new update to download, then I did this, and the launcher worked :)