Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Pets & Weather should be PRE-included now - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    lavitabella920lavitabella920 Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    I am all for weather and pets being included as well as also being EPs for TS4, I think TS4 should be more realistic and life like, more career options like lawyers or judges, I owuld also like it to be more family oriented as well, now they have the whole family tree but when the families move into their own homes they really cant go to their grandparents for a weekend slumber party or anything like what most families do, and if they do include pets or make a pets EP please make an actual pet shop where you can choose the breed and if you want a puppy/kitten or adult animal I do not like just having the shelter or making the pets when you make a family. Also, EP idea I think they should do a farm EP with more then vegetables, add cows and pigs and let some families solely make their income from their farm! And bring back OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!! I just want TS4 to be more realistic and life like!!!
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Pets and Seasons are cash cows. Big cash cows since they stand alone. I don't think EA will risk losing money. End of story.
    they lose more money the more EPS they have. the more over priced they are. sims 3 is EA's most pirated game cause of how expensive it is. an EP cost as much as buying a new game so yeh. including them in the base will most likely get them more money and also lowering the prices will make more people buy the game and make them more money
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2013
    Pets and Seasons are cash cows. Big cash cows since they stand alone. I don't think EA will risk losing money. End of story.

Well if they go that route they WILL lose my money because I'll wait until they ARE out and then I'll buy used ones on eBay so they won't see that money, which will be a fraction of what the initial cost new would be anyway. So being pig-headed about this will, I suspect in more than just my own case, COST them money. End of THAT story.
  • Options
    nougatnafnafnougatnafnaf Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2013
    Blue9ite wrote:
    - We will have more interesting new Expansion packs that will not only help improve/enhance the lives of our Sims but also their pets and the environment they live in.

This is one good argument as I see it! Pets have never been developed any further, and a lot of us have been waiting to see that happen!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Blue9ite wrote:
    - We will have more interesting new Expansion packs that will not only help improve/enhance the lives of our Sims but also their pets and the environment they live in.

This is one good argument as I see it! Pets have never been developed any further, and a lot of us have been waiting to see that happen!

Exactly. Including pets in the base game doesn't mean there WON'T be a money making expansion. It means that expansion will have a lot more content and be a lot more FUN since the basic critters and basic interactions with them will already be done.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited June 2013
    Me too, I would like them to be in the base game if possible. New animals are being added for each expansions, would be nice! If not, then pets or season should be the first expansion when one of them is in the base game.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2013
    Adding Pets to the base game- no thanks. I really did not enjoy the last EP, and want the choice of whether to play them in 4. I know I could just not play them - but I'd still be paying for them because there's no way that EA would put pets into the base game for free- they'd raise the price of it.

As for weather - I wouldn't mind that actually, but that's because I enjoy that part of the game. There must be people out there that didn't enjoy weather, and would feel the same way about that being in the base game as I do about pets.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2013
    If they had rodents around, that would probably be enough.

I'm not going to be upset if Seasons is in an exapsion pack, I'll just be upset if it's the last pack. I would rather have fun things.

Part of me wonders if they made Seasons last so they could focus on non-seasonal glitches.
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited June 2013
    Blue9ite wrote:
    I am aware about people saying that they don't want Sims to ever "conflict with reality" but honestly its time that we give Sims a chance to evolve now.

Why Pets and Weather should be pre-included?

- So that they are no longer just 'optional' features
    - It would give the game a more realistic and fresh outlookenhance the lives of our Sims but also their pets and the environment they live in.  For over three generations, we've had EPs that enhance the features and gameplay of our Sims but what about their Pets and the environment that they live in? They barely get anything new after each expansion pack. Once you get Pets and Seasons that's it. Only a small number of features are introduced on future expansion packs that give them 'small updates'. It would be interesting to see them get upgraded features each expansion pack along with our Sim. They need to be part of The Sims game family, not just EP features.

I agree with you 100%. I say EA should include them in the base game and then simply include the season and weather toggles that we have now along with the ones for pets, with the ability to disable strays. Problem solved. ;)

I know it won't happen, but I wish it would. When the EPs for Pets and Seasons come around again in The Sims 4, they'll probably be separate entities like they were this time. Sims 3 pets wouldn't interact with the weather, sure there were a few minor details but that was it. Dogs can't swim in the sea and probably still won't be able to after IP comes out because there simply isn't the level of inter-connectivity that we had between Sims 2 packs. Pets and Seasons should, in my opinion, be a core part of the game so that there's tons of potential for future expansion. If they came in the base game, we could get farm animals, natural disasters, more pet types, etc in the future without all the features having to be crammed in one pack.
  • Options
    wmissie0925wmissie0925 Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2013
    Weather yes. Pets no. I have bought pets for the sims 1 and 2. They always wind up annoying me. It's just not my thing.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    simsace wrote:
    unless your running a ridiculously old computer than I'm pretty sure you would be able to handle weather in the base game(if you are, get a new one)

Nope, not old at all. 2011 actually. I've still had more problems with weather than anything else, and if you go over to the mac forum it seems I am certainly not the only one. If it was that easy to just "get a new one", I wouldn't be having any problems :wink:

It isn't weather that bothers me. If I could run it without my game constantly glitching out, I would enjoy it in the base game. It just doesn't seem to work that way for me as it is and I wouldn't want to buy a base game not knowing if it would even work or not. Pets on the other hand annoy the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of me and I really wouldn't want them in my game. I don't care that almost every other person in the world has a pet; I have 5 myself. Doesn't mean I want them in my game though.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    ArriesArries Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2013
    I remember reading awhile back that TS3 was supposed to be released with Seasons including, but due to some kind of technical issues it wasn't. So, I am hopeful that it'll be included in the base game for TS4.
  • Options
    Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    edited June 2013
    I always thought they should be included too, it would make the game more realistic as opposed to "Hey, do you want a reality with weather or without weather?" or "Do you want a reality with animals or without animals?"
  • Options
    Blue9iteBlue9ite Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Blue9ite wrote:

Yeah thanks. This is what I meant. They don't need to fit an entire Pets EP into the base game. They can just develop pets as more EPs are introduced.
    I agree with you 100%. I say EA should include them in the base game and then simply include the season and weather toggles that we have now along with the ones for pets, with the ability to disable strays. Problem solved. ;)

Pets and Seasons should, in my opinion, be a core part of the game so that there's tons of potential for future expansion. If they came in the base game, we could get farm animals, natural disasters, more pet types, etc in the future without all the features having to be crammed in one pack.

^True. Also, I don't get the point of strays. Its not like all the cities in our world have them. From where I live, you can only see doves around the streets. They can just be introduced later in another EP. They also introduce an NPC that acts like a janitor collecting these strays from the streets (like an Animal SPCA person).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hardly anyone doesn't want to see weather included in the base game, especially knowing they can set the game to any particular season they want. So long as you can also have control of pets either being in the game or not I see no reason not to include them.

As someone else has already pointed out, we're not talking full expansion pack levels of stuff here. We're talking a few basics that can then be expanded upon as the game progresses and expansions are released. For instance, say we have basic weather/seasons in the base game. A later expansion might include monsoons or tornadoes! LOL Which, of course, you'd be able to turn on or off. And let's say that only dogs and cats are included in the base game. That opens up horses and all the stuff associated with them to be part of a later expansion, like maybe one that takes place in a Montana-esque world. Birds and snakes and lizards might show up in a tropical island expansion...along with monkeys! :) This way any expansion or store world can include new pet and weather content which... ahem... will make EA money AND differentiate TS4 from TS3 which is a must if this new franchise is to be successful.
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited June 2013
    Defo agree that weather and pets should be in the base game. Adding extra stuff in expansion packs would be a lot more exciting. I know some people have been talking about a farm expansion pack, which sounds interesting.
    At the same time, they could always do store content. So the base game has cats and dogs, and then you could maybe buy chickens or something from the store.
    I suppose if they have the weather in the base game (which is what I really want, hate going back to always sunny), then there could be a more in depth ep that includes christmas etc
  • Options
    ProwlG1GirlProwlG1Girl Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I hope the develop "pets" a bit more, add some addition options like height... bit shorter horses vs taller... I find it funny the drafts are about the same size as Arabians and so forth... also possibly get some miniatures/ponies. (for kids) Same with cats... some cats are actually short vs tall... Mainecoons are generally huge compared to "normal breeds"
    Also, why did we get Appaloosa town when the only sport you can do is ENGLISH. Get us some rodeo type races... not just plain races & jumping. Give us some real farm type stuff, maybe showing cattle & so forth. Fair pet shows... (our county fair always has various animal shows)
    Give toggles for those who don't want strays (I see that's an issue for some)

As to what they need to have in the Base game... please more than the Sims 3 base game... or a lot of people will probably be holding off until we get some EPs. Even just a basic weather or basic house pets would be nice then give us a big whammy with the real pets EP. That way it's more realistic and EA still get's their money from us. (You know that's partially why they do the EPs...)

To some of us, there is no life without pets... probably why we want even just a simple pet thing in the base... whether it's "collectible" pets like birds and whatnot then have the BIG stuff for the EP. I have seen quite a few comments from the Pro-Pets people about toggles to turn things off too.
  • Options
    ProwlG1GirlProwlG1Girl Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Blue9ite wrote:
    ^True. Also, I don't get the point of strays. Its not like all the cities in our world have them. From where I live, you can only see doves around the streets. They can just be introduced later in another EP. They also introduce an NPC that acts like a janitor collecting these strays from the streets (like an Animal SPCA person).

All cities have them in the US have them... big and small. People releasing pets, escaped pets, breeding cats. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there. You have to be lucky to see most or have a trained eye. Every little town & city I have been in I've seen cats outside. Our little "city" wants them all gone when they help keep the mice population down that come in from the nearby fields. Places need a TNR program & just don't want to do it. As long as it's not PeTA collecting them sure... SPCA is better then them. And you mean a "dog catcher" so to speak..
  • Options
    TimnightlyTimnightly Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree with the OP. Pets and Weather should be in the base game , I don't want to buy the same EP's everytime, it would be boring to have the "Sims 4 Pets" and "The Sims 4 Seasons" again . I was so disappointed to not be able to make my sims swim in the ocean in the Sims 3 base game and this option ony came with Weather ... The game would be great with Weather and Pets in the base game .
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2013
    I really hope they include weather- it is by far and away the ONE thing that makes the monotony of playing the game subside. Maybe not add the festivals but at least have weather in the beginning. Festivals would be an awesome EP after launch. LOADs of people would buy it and I can just imagine what kinds of goodies they could add for festivals!

As for pets- I understand why people want them included with the base game. AND I can see where EA could add things for them later in EPs. It would make sense to have limited interactions for them if they are included with the base game. With EPs offering more game-play options for them. One idea would be "Pet Show" where it might add things like races, traditional pet shows and even clothes for pets! People would pay for that you can be sure.

• Options
    rebeccam744rebeccam744 Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I'd love to see both included in the base game but I don't think that's a possibility. I would like to see something extra in the base game. Base games always feel a little lack luster after playing the previous game with 5+ EP (+SP).
  • Options
    loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would love to see really dumbed down pets in the base game, maybe one basic dog, one basic horse, and save the complex stuff for a in-depth pets expansion. Sure people would complain, but they will complain no matter what.

That way every subsequent expansion could build off of pets because they were basegame. It would open up things like a medieval expansion pack because horses could be used as transportation, activities like jousting, western themed expansions, ect. Supernatural could of introduced pet dragons, World Adventures could have pets travel with the family, maybe add a new large exotic cat, ect.

Do you really want to have to depend on one expansion pack to cram everything in? How depressing when things you wanted weren't included and you will have to wait until the next sims edition. Just because you don't like pets doesn't mean they shouldn't be included, I don't overly care for apartments, doesn't mean I don't think simmers should have them.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just because you don't like pets doesn't mean they shouldn't be included, I don't overly care for apartments, doesn't mean I don't think simmers should have them.

Yes but apartments are part of an optional expansion. You don't need to buy them. Putting things in the base game would be forcing people to use it, regardless if they want it or not. I doubt they are going to add 100 checkboxes for everything people want and don't want.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would be happy with just rain in the base game
  • Options
    loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, I would have no issue if they were in the base game. I am smart enough to figure out how not to use apartments without a checkbox :wink:

That being said, if there was one basic dog, cat, and horse with no strays I don't see it bothering the people who don't want them. They could add the vast majority of the CAS stuff for pets, traits, ect when they added a pet expansion and you wouldn't have to buy it.

I would like to believe that even those people who don't like pets wouldn't mind seeing themed content like I mentioned. I cant be the only one who would like an old west themed expansion/farming or a medieval expansion.

Even if you don't like dogs/cats maybe you would like the pet dragon that could come with the sims 4 supernatural expansion?