Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like TS4 If Sims No Longer Have Motives?

2...Next

Comments

• snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have to say that to remove motives would kill the game for me. I like all those mundane little things in my game. Bathing, food, laundry, sleep, job, school, homework, etc. To me, this is the core of the Sims. (Although, I could do without the bladder need. I always buy the LR for Steel Bladder as soon as possible when I play a new Sim.)
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully this was explained before but TLDR;

The Sims was made based on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and if they took away the needs/motives then it wouldn't be a Sim game. Wouldn't be a life simulator, just a sandbox game with barbies.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to know when my sims has the need to pee and bath, this frustrated me in TSM(the Sims Medieval), I'd love for comfort needs and enviroments scores to come back for TS4 :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    Hopefully this was explained before but TLDR;

The Sims was made based on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and if they took away the needs/motives then it wouldn't be a Sim game. Wouldn't be a life simulator, just a sandbox game with barbies.

Even so and you are right, but over the years they have either been making it even easier to keep those needs filled and or even gone so far to start reducing how many compared to how hard it really was in TS1 and how many more there were in TS2.

And not only that but players have over the years demanded mods to lesson the need to pee, and how often, asked for mods to eliminate most of them altogether and or wound up making all needs static or maxing them out inorder to play the game. :hunf:

So, I'm not so sure the next game will have as many or even work the way they have in the past series. And may wind up no longer being in a game, and or even being a necessity anymore but maybe a bonus gained to gain an advantage in game. Just sayin' there isn't a promise needs/motives will be in The Sims 4, yet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like the needs. There should be more of them :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think there are at least 4 needs which Sims should have: Hunger/food, bladder, hygiene and energy. The Sims isn't meant to portray a utopian world and it would get boring without the threat from dying of starvation, wetting oneself, getting stinky and passing out.

It is handy to have motive bars because as players we are able to see exactly how hungry our Sims are, so it is easier to calculate risk.

There's a saying: If it ain't broke...
  • Top_Girl2345Top_Girl2345 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Well, think about this:
    The Sims is all about taking care of your sims and living their lives the way you want, whenever you want to give them a good life or a bad life. If sims didn't have motives, I think it would leave a big gap in the game. There wouldn't be anything to do, because there isn't a challenge to the game anymore. So, I really don't think having no motives at all wouldn't be a very good idea.
    Have a nice day! :lol: