Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestions: Acquired/Discovering traits.

First off I would like to state It would be nice if the Sims 4 focused more on the children.
There should be an extra life stage added between child and teen. That's a vital stage for the sims.

Yes, they should have already have pre-set traits but they should be hidden for the sim themselves to find out.
Ex: Billy was born with the Natural Cook trait. Billy is a child. One day while using his toy oven he discovers he's always had a knack for it. Billy has had a breakthrough and is a natural at cooking.

For acquired traits.
Ex: Billy is pre-teen. He decides to go fishing. He fishes several times a week and loves it! Billy grows up to teen and is given the "natural fisher" trait but it is still hidden till his next fishing trip and when he goes fishing after his birthday he has a breakthrough.

Ex: Samantha was never a sociable child. She wasn't taught to talk as a toddler and she never did have any friends in elementary school. Samantha is a pre-teen. Some girl comes up to talk to her but Samantha doesn't talk much and shy's away. She has a breakthrough and realizes she's shy.

Ex: Samantha is shy yet she doesn't know it. Billy tries to talk to Samantha and realizes she is shy. HE points it out to her either embarrassing her and she has a breathrough or ignoring it and forgetting it.

Trait can be discovered by other sims.

As your sim grows traits are hard to acquire and discover. If you have an adult who goes fishing a lot but can't catch fish good or doesn't get any big catches well it's just not meant to be unless he keep trying.

Just an idea I thought up 10 minutes ago.

Comments

• IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like this a lot. It reminds me of the trait system that was introduced in Pets for dogs, cats, and horses, where their acquired traits depend upon their training. I think this concept would be a good thing, especially because acquired traits would largely depend upon the actions of the player. Preset traits might prove to be a bit of an issue with some people, but I'd like the surprise.