Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 9: Building a House from a Real Life House Plan--(self-paced tutorial)

Comments

• Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited May 2013
    AHENRICHs wrote:
    WOOHOO FOR CENTRAL TIME!! :mrgreen:

LOL! I'm taking that as a "Register Me!" so I hope that is how you meant it! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    id pay you lol, been reading previous courses and you make them sound easy x

jenny0786 wrote:
    That would be awesome if they paid you to make these course into an actual book. I would so buy it.

I am looking forward to Saturday :D

LOL! I don't see EA sending any money my way, they like it the way it is with all MY money heading THEIR way! :lol:

In all seriousness, I LOVE making these classes and interacting with other builders. I don't need any sort of pay for that. I love the idea that there are people who were too nervous or too frustrated to really enjoy building and now they are producing some AWESOME houses. I take a slice of all their future successes for myself (justified or not).

It's like I tell my math students: From now on everything you do right in math I take total credit for it and everything you do wrong I just sadly shake my head and say, "I TOLD him not to do that." :mrgreen:

oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? :mrgreen:

Not yet, Young P-Pup, not yet! Which is a darned good thing as I haven't written the lesson yet!

I'm off to do that just as soon as I update our class roster!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Roster is up to date! One quick stop by the Store to buy Dragon Valley and then I'm heading into my game to start work on our lesson.

Let's just hope the new world doesn't break my game! I think I'll make a safety copy first...
    oow785m
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited May 2013
    Roster is up to date! One quick stop by the Store to buy Dragon Valley and then I'm heading into my game to start work on our lesson.

Let's just hope the new world doesn't break my game! I think I'll make a safety copy first...

Praying for a safe install.

I would love to have that world!
  • Options
    AZSpudKingAZSpudKing Posts: 146 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Register me please Professor!
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much Zoo for being so reassuring!! :D ... that is most appreciated :thumbup: ... now I'm getting really excited and can hardly wait to start!!!

See you all in class on Saturday! :D
  • Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited May 2013
    YEAH!! I wanna try this out. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RollTide8910RollTide8910 Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Something came up and I got an appointment at exactly 2 on Saturday :( Hopefully I won't be missing out on a lot of the stuff, will try and get home ASAP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AZSpudKing wrote:
    Register me please Professor!

Spud King! I'm so happy to see you! Hope everything is going well with you and Welcome Back to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hidehi wrote:
    Thank you so much Zoo for being so reassuring!! :D ... that is most appreciated :thumbup: ... now I'm getting really excited and can hardly wait to start!!!

See you all in class on Saturday! :D

I'm so glad to hear that you're less nervous. Please just remember that NO question is too elementary. I have lots of lurkers who are too nervous to actually sign up for the class. If you are very new and willing to ask a question then that helps all those folks because I KNOW they have a lot of questions that they never ask.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, too. I just get so worried that the technology will be working as it is supposed to (both mine AND EA's AND Photobucket's).

You'll know if you hear a lot of foul language about two o'clock that something is NOT going as it should. :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AHENRICHs wrote:
    YEAH!! I wanna try this out. :mrgreen:

Good Deal! You're on my class roster. :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Something came up and I got an appointment at exactly 2 on Saturday :( Hopefully I won't be missing out on a lot of the stuff, will try and get home ASAP.

That's a shame, but just remember that the class will be up and ready for you whenever you get to it. The big advantage of being here when the course is "live" is that you can get immediate answers to any questions. If you view the lesson later on your own you can still post questions and expect to see an answer, but it may take me some time to see it.
    oow785m
  • Options
    HARLEY2HARLEY2 Posts: 307 Member
    edited May 2013
    is it to late for me to register for the course on House plans.
    My other problem is that I live in Australia so I am not sure of the time difference.Please could you give me some suggestions.
    Thank you very kindly.. Harley2 :D
  • Options
    iSammy94iSammy94 Posts: 110 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Register me please :D
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2013
    Register me please!
    Lol, this course got five pages during the night! And I was expecting to be one of the first ones to register... :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    iSammy94iSammy94 Posts: 110 New Member
    edited May 2013
    HARLEY2 wrote:
    My other problem is that I live in Australia so I am not sure of the time difference.Please could you give me some suggestions.

I'm not sure if I've looked at the right timezone or not but the one I think it might be, it will be 5am on sunday 2nd for Sydney/nsw (AEST)
    hope that helps :D
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2013
    HARLEY2 wrote:

Harley2, the time difference may be a slight problem for you because depending on where in Australia you are, it will be 3-5 in the morning for you. :(

However the ZooU courses are up after they are done so you can do them at any time you want. And if you have a question then Zoo will answer it for you when she next checks the thread! :)

I hope I helped :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    HARLEY2 wrote:

It's definitely not too late! I added you to the class roster.

About the time: If you will go to post one of this thread and look at about the middle of the post you will find a link (it's blue and easy to find) that leads you to a time converter so that you can figure out the exact time for your city.

Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    iSammy94 wrote:
    Register me please :D

Done! Welcome to Zoo U!

nerdy3000 wrote:
    Register me please!
    Lol, this course got five pages during the night! And I was expecting to be one of the first ones to register... :lol::lol::lol:

Hi, Nerdy Girl! I'm so glad to see you, class wouldn't be the same without you. I think the fact that one of the gurus (likely the fabulous Hydra) had them tweet about this class on the Sims 3 Twitter feed. I got lots of new students. :mrgreen:

oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    HARLEY2 wrote:

Harley2, the time difference may be a slight problem for you because depending on where in Australia you are, it will be 3-5 in the morning for you. :(

However the ZooU courses are up after they are done so you can do them at any time you want. And if you have a question then Zoo will answer it for you when she next checks the thread! :)

I hope I helped :D

Nerdy is exactly right about how it works! If the class time is inconvenient for you, or if you have to miss it for any other reason, it will be available as an online tutorial and I monitor all Zoo U course threads and answer questions posted on them.

We always have the class time set by the teacher, and depending on who that is the time may or may not be convenient for you. The theory is that since I have teachers from everywhere the same people are not inconvenienced every class.
    oow785m
  • Options
    cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited May 2013
    Register me too, If the good lord's a'willin, I'll be here! :)
  • Options
    Marit_WateryMarit_Watery Posts: 302 Member
    edited May 2013
    Almost missed another course :lol: :oops:
    Register me please :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cbrock7 wrote:
    Register me too, If the good lord's a'willin, I'll be here! :)

Will do! Welcome back to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Almost missed another course :lol: :oops:
    Register me please :mrgreen:

WHOOT! You found us in time! Welcome back to Zoo U! :mrgreen:
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji