Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Awkward red dot on this site... reassure me that I'm not crazy...

34he6fm.jpg
It's near the bottom right edge of the water area on the Dragon Valley background.
I'm OCD so yesterday I started frantically wiping my screen wondering what on earth I ate to get that spot splashed on my screen but it wouldn't go away...
Then I switched to another website and the dot disappeared meaning it was apart of this site. I then started scrolling the page up and down and it stayed in the same position, why? :shock:

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    LOL I posted a status about this the other day! Its a buoy in the water! Everytime I came to this site I'd find myself continuously wiping the screen thinking it was a piece of dirt or something lol. Glad I'm not alone!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have done the exact same thing several times over. It definitely threw me off the first time I saw it, but it is the fact that I kept doing it even though I am aware of the fact that it is apart of the picture for the background that makes me so irritated. Lol.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it's a buoy. Baaad buoy!! :mrgreen:
  • summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited May 2013
    LOL I posted a status about this the other day! Its a buoy in the water! Everytime I came to this site I'd find myself continuously wiping the screen thinking it was a piece of dirt or something lol. Glad I'm not alone!
    Omg LOL, it's a buoy?! Wow, that makes so much sense. Thank you! My second guess was going to be that the background uploader was doing some last minute touches on Paint before uploading and accidently stroked a dot :hunf:.
    I have done the exact same thing several times over. It definitely threw me off the first time I saw it, but it is the fact that I kept doing it even though I am aware of the fact that it is apart of the picture for the background that makes me so irritated. Lol.
    Yeah! My eyes automatically focus there :?
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited May 2013
    I remember seeing the red dot the first time.
    Like other folks, I thought it was dirt on the screen.
    After magnifying resolution I realized what it was :roll:
    Luckily, now I know what it is I can ignore it :wink:
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2013
    It took me awhile to accept that this was part of the Dragon Valley backround screen. I kept trying to wipe off my monitor screen :-o .
    edited May 2013
    Omg LOL, it's a buoy?! Wow, that makes so much sense. Thank you! My second guess was going to be that the background uploader was doing some last minute touches on Paint before uploading and accidently stroked a dot :hunf:.

LOL this cracked me up.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2013
    You're not crazy. That buoy drives me nuts!

This thing right here that I keep trying to wipe off my monitor. :x
    2vanjgk.jpg

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just place your mouse pointer over it. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited May 2013
    OH MY WORD, I thought I was alone in my annoyance with that red dot!
    I figured it was a buoy early on, but I was freaking out that maybe I accidentally bled on my screen? I was freaking out and looking for a scratch on my hand that could have caused it but then I realized, "Buoy". LOL
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Just place your mouse pointer over it. :D
    I don't know why they didn't group it with the other buoy mate behind the white page. :lol:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2013
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    Lol. Thanks to this thread, I am even more painfully aware of the buoys existence on my screen. I can't quit looking at it. It just sits there... taunting me. It has given me a sudden hate for all buoys alike. And I can place my mouse over it all I want, but I still know it is there. Lol.
    edited May 2013
    My mouse pointer is black, so its hard to tell if its visible or not. (I obviously know now that its not :P )
    WLfAA9V.png
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited May 2013
    For some reason this topic reminded me of this scene from Parks and Recreation...
    tumblr_lr80kfYJhI1qf9jkto1_250.gif

That was a hilarious episode by the way...and I'm bowing out of here before I do any more off topic things on here. LOL.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, I didn't really notice the buoy at first.

Now that I know it's there, I can't stop looking at it. :|
  • yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hahah this thread is funny. I did notice it at first too, and tried to wipe it off and quickly figured it was a buoy in the water. :lol:
  • xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited May 2013
    I didn't notice this before, but now it's all I'll see.
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited May 2013
    :shock: ROFL For awhile I thought I had something on my screen and was trying to figure out what it was and wipe it off screen! :oops:
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited May 2013
    Lol, Mea! That's one of my favorite Parks & Rec episodes, too!

But this bouy made me think of Happy Endings and how Brad wanted to get boat and name it "Yeah Bouy", or "Bouys In The Hood".

And I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE ANNOYED BY THIS! It's bugged me for days. :(
    giphy.gif

• ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited May 2013
    Haha, it's bugged me for days too, whipped out the screen cleaner and spent ages scrubbing away, got very confused when it seemed to disappear as soon as I left this site ... :roll:
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    I didn't notice this before, but now it's all I'll see.

Hahahahahaha, yeah, me too... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: .
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited May 2013
    This is the first time I actually noticed it. It might be since I have quite a large screen so it looks smaller than the point of a pencil. It looks like it's on the monitor instead of inside it which may have mislead people to believe it was a mark. Lol
  • bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited May 2013
    oh no. I never noticed it before and now it's bugging the heck out of me :?
  • MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited May 2013
    yes i've seen that too and almost every time I see it, I "wipe" at it since it looks like a crumb or something on my screen ugh