Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delete

Comments

  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2013
    Everybody, calm down!

    If you choose to not sign the petition, then please do not sign it.

    If you choose to sign the petition, then sign it.

    It's that simple. No need to argue or carry over the argument.

    Stop carrying an entire argument about homosexuality. Cali_Pier92 and others, there is no rule that you have to reply to everything on a thread. If something makes you furious, then please take your hand and mind off the computer, calm down, and then come back. Otherwise, I am going to report everyone in this thread for going off-topic and asking the moderators to close this thread.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Everybody, calm down!

    If you choose to not sign the petition, then please do not sign it.

    If you choose to sign the petition, then sign it.

    It's that simple. No need to argue or carry over the argument.

    Stop carrying an entire argument about homosexuality. Cali_Pier92 and others, there is no rule that you have to reply to everything on a thread. If something makes you furious, then please take your hand and mind off the computer, calm down, and then come back. Otherwise, I am going to report everyone in this thread for going off-topic and asking the moderators to close this thread.

    There is no reason to try to be the forum peace maker. People will always be entitled to their own opinions, whether they go about being nice about it or not is a different story. I'm sure multiple posts in this thread have already been reported.

    Like you said, no need to carry over an argument. So basically threatening to report everyone if they don't play nice isn't going to help. I am not going to respond to these types of posts anymore because I don't like all the fighting either. I just thought I'd point that out.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi LetterM2013/Innuendo/Cali_Pier92!

    Long time, no see! :D

  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    Corey785 wrote:
    Hi LetterM2013/Innuendo/Cali_Pier92!

    Long time, no see! :D
    Your forgot some aliases. 8)
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Corey785 wrote:
    Hi LetterM2013/Innuendo/Cali_Pier92!

    Long time, no see! :D
    Your forgot some aliases. 8)

    So funny, would have never known any of those were you otherwise haha, and I'm friends with all 3 of those on here! :lol:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    Corey785 wrote:
    Hi LetterM2013/Innuendo/Cali_Pier92!

    Long time, no see! :D
    Your forgot some aliases. 8)

    How many? *checks The 🐸🐸🐸🐸* Eight? :lol:
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2013

    If people were still saying "I don't accept black people, we should still have segregation" or "Women are second class citizens, they shouldn't be allowed to work or vote" there would be an outrage. NO ONE would be expected to simply say "that's their opinion, let it be." One day this will be the same for gays, and that day can't come soon enough.


    There are still racist people and there are still people who think women should have less rights, nothing anyone says will ever change these peoples minds. As for bullying, the majority of kids will be bullied at some point in there life whether it's because of there weight, colour of their skin, nationality, background, looks, sexual orientation, religion etc.Forcing stuff on people will only make them hate it even more so could do more harm than good
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your doing this with one group in mind, same-sex people, and don't have a consideration for anyone else.
    You're right, I have no consideration for people who are against same-sex relationships. Their opinions mean NOTHING to me. I don't care if they are offended, I don't care if they boycott the game. I don't care.

    What rational person in this day and age can say they don't "agree" with homosexuality? Who gives a flying what if they agree with it or not, there's nothing to agree with. There's nothing to be offended over.

    I have had this conversation too many times on these boards now, enough is enough.

    If people were still saying "I don't accept black people, we should still have segregation" or "Women are second class citizens, they shouldn't be allowed to work or vote" there would be an outrage. NO ONE would be expected to simply say "that's their opinion, let it be." One day this will be the same for gays, and that day can't come soon enough.

    I don't understand why you think it's okay to insult people who don't "agree" with homosexuality. What gives you the right to decide what people can or can't be offended over? Even people who don't have religious reasons to be homophobic, they can still have an OPINION. It really disturbs me how much you want to force human beings to change their minds because YOU think it's right. I must have missed the anouncement that Cali_Pier92 became a god. . :shock:

    I must also be the only person who still believes in freedom of speech for everyone. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." And that includes racists, sexists, and even you.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    Narcissa wrote:
    Your doing this with one group in mind, same-sex people, and don't have a consideration for anyone else.
    You're right, I have no consideration for people who are against same-sex relationships. Their opinions mean NOTHING to me. I don't care if they are offended, I don't care if they boycott the game. I don't care.

    What rational person in this day and age can say they don't "agree" with homosexuality? Who gives a flying what if they agree with it or not, there's nothing to agree with. There's nothing to be offended over.

    I have had this conversation too many times on these boards now, enough is enough.

    If people were still saying "I don't accept black people, we should still have segregation" or "Women are second class citizens, they shouldn't be allowed to work or vote" there would be an outrage. NO ONE would be expected to simply say "that's their opinion, let it be." One day this will be the same for gays, and that day can't come soon enough.

    I don't understand why you think it's okay to insult people who don't "agree" with homosexuality. What gives you the right to decide what people can or can't be offended over? Even people who don't have religious reasons to be homophobic, they can still have an OPINION. It really disturbs me how much you want to force human beings to change their minds because YOU think it's right. I must have missed the anouncement that Cali_Pier92 became a god. . :shock:

    I must also be the only person who still believes in freedom of speech for everyone. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." And that includes racists, sexists, and even you.
    So tell me, if the president/prime minister/chancellor/freezer bunny announced tomorrow that they were re-imposing black segregation, banning all religions but Christianity, banning women from getting jobs and that only white males will be allowed to vote because the government "don't agree" with how these things are now, would you support them saying "well it's their opinion"?
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Narcissa wrote:
    I don't understand why you think it's okay to insult people who don't "agree" with homosexuality. What gives you the right to decide what people can or can't be offended over? Even people who don't have religious reasons to be homophobic, they can still have an OPINION. It really disturbs me how much you want to force human beings to change their minds because YOU think it's right. I must have missed the anouncement that Cali_Pier92 became a god. . :shock:

    I must also be the only person who still believes in freedom of speech for everyone. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." And that includes racists, sexists, and even you.
    So tell me, if the president/prime minister/chancellor/freezer bunny announced tomorrow that they were re-imposing black segregation, banning all religions but Christianity, banning women from getting jobs and that only white males will be allowed to vote because the government "don't agree" with how these things are now, would you support them saying "well it's their opinion"?

    I knew I should have added that to my post. The obvious exceptions to my rule are politicians and other people who can directly change the lives of others. I don't care if my neighbor is a bigoted piece of trash. If a politician is, all I have to do is not vote for them and hope others do the same. :wink: I hope I don't sound too foolish saying this.
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    edited June 2013
    LOL!!! Do you people realize you are going on and on about political and social decency over a video game that a business creates to make a profit! The ONLY way that this opinion truly matters for the company is if you are arguing whether a certain decision will INCREASE or DECREASE profitability.

    Being a gay male... I, once again, am VERY disappointed. So far people who are going hardcore on one side or the other are all making me a little... sad. I see some gay members, or gay rights supporters who are belittling the opinions of others, and then the others doing the same to them. Neither of you are being the bigger person.

    Yes, I understand. You don't care what someone's opinion is because it comes across as ignorant. They don't support same-sex rights, you don't care what they have to say. Well that's fine really. But if you don't care... ... ... why exactly are you attacking them? Oh wait, that's right. It's because you DO care.

    This should be a very simple thread. Sign it if you would like same-sex couples to appear in the game. Don't sign it if you don't want it. Leave an opinion if you so desire. But stop bullying each other. It's so distasteful.

    Also, just because you created a thread doesn't mean it's your property. It's posted on EA's forum. They are the only owner of the content on their site. I believe you could probably find that in their TOS somewhere.
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Cali,

    Knowing you posted 'you hoped all straights would be 'knocked off' one by one until only gay people were left' in the thread that was deleted I won't be signing your new petition, either.

    Nor when you stated in another that (which you deleted your comment) that you were only doing things to rile me (in that thread) I don't consider you the best person to represent this idea for EA to add premades same sex couples living in the houses in the next game.

    I wouldn't want to support such a bad attitude like that.

    Good luck with your thread but knowing what you have said in other threads is a reason for me not to support this thread one way or another.
    Listen honeysuckle, the only reason I ever said anything rude to you in the first place was because of you expressing your opposition of this subject, so please don't act like you were ever going to sign. If you remember, you said you would boycott The Sims 4 if it had this in and you couldn't remove it.

    I don't remember a comment about "knocking off straight people from the thread" but if there was one it would have been an obvious joke and you know it. The vocal majority of people supporting this topic are straight. :wink: I can tell you that my comment about hoping same-sex relationships were forced on Simmers who didn't agree with the lifestyle was not a joke though. :

    I am against rudeness on the forums, so Im going to try to keep this simple.

    Firstly, if you are trying to present something to a huge corporation, drop the attitude. Why would you be rude to someone who was against your idea? Do you realize how big the simming community is? The replies you have gotten on this thread is nowhere close to that number. Clearly, there are many people that are opposed to this and don't even bother expressing their opinions. Does that mean you can be rude to them? It does not. That is not how people should act.

    I don't think your behavior is an obnoxious joke. I mean- at least italicize the words so people can know. :wink:
    Other wise, you come off as very opinionated and rude.

    And why would you want this forced into The Sims? (Oh, don't worry! I won't be rude to you just because you have an opposing view!)
    Bumblebee, (I saw a nickname above, so I thought I'd join in!) this is way too controversial for EA. Their a bit too smart to cross the boundaries of the vast majority of the players. I have nothing against this, but I'm not 100% for it.

    I've seen you before. Not on the forums, but on The 🐸🐸🐸🐸. You're behavior is gaining the wrong attention (but it was entertaining!).

    I hope you the best with this, but your behavior and attitude towards others, primarily opposed simmers, is embarrassing. Why? The Sims Studio looks to its community for ideas. The behavior you are showing is not what a community should have- at all!

    I've made a few idea threads in the past and not once was I rude to someone who didn't like them and expressed their feelings.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited June 2013
    Corey785 wrote:
    Corey785 wrote:
    Hi LetterM2013/Innuendo/Cali_Pier92!

    Long time, no see! :D
    Your forgot some aliases. 8)

    How many? *checks The 🐸🐸🐸🐸* Eight? :lol:

    Cali are you actually LetterM? If so then I'll have to apologize, I got into a row with you, when you were LetterM, about CoryMach and I'd like to apologize. If you weren't LetterM then I just look like an idiot who didn't get the joke. :lol:
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:
    Cali are you actually LetterM? If so then I'll have to apologize, I got into a row with you, when you were LetterM, about CoryMach and I'd like to apologize. If you weren't LetterM then I just look like an idiot who didn't get the joke. :lol:
    Hi Fordee, yes I was LetterM. It's Ok, thanks for the apology. I can't remember that argument but I'm sure I was extremely rude myself so I apologise too. :D
  • Options
    biggerthanlife11biggerthanlife11 Posts: 342 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I am not gonna start up anything, but what about the people that would be offended? (Not saying I do or don't support them)
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    I've made a few idea threads in the past and not once was I rude to someone who didn't like them and expressed their feelings.
    All of you people are model human beings who believe in free speech and everyone deserving the right to express their own opinions, who never get angry or moved by subjects. Good for you. You can all rejoice now as you've done what you set out to do and no doubt this thread will be deleted for the fourth time tomorrow.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am not gonna start up anything, but what about the people that would be offended? (Not saying I do or don't support them)
    I'm not supposed to say this because it upsets people but this is my opinion:
    (Whispers) I don't give a flying what about the people who would be offended. :wink:
  • Options
    biggerthanlife11biggerthanlife11 Posts: 342 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I am not gonna start up anything, but what about the people that would be offended? (Not saying I do or don't support them)
    I'm not supposed to say this because it upsets people but this is my opinion:
    (Whispers) I don't give a flying what about the people who would be offended. :wink:

    Hahahaha,
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am not gonna start up anything, but what about the people that would be offended? (Not saying I do or don't support them)

    I could say I am offended about some of the premades that come with the game already, and their stories.....what most people on this forum will tell you, if you don't like it, don't use it. :wink:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    naanaatalinaanaatali Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure this would be possible, in Aurora Sky's DLC there was a Gay couple.
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    My question is...would it raise the rating at all?

    (Not that it should, it would be ridiculous if it did.)

    If it would decrease their sales, I don't see them doing it if they think it's gonna cause a scandal. :roll:

    I wonder what has been stopping them from doing that already in TS3. I'll sign.

    My bf was raised by a lesbian couple and he's AMAZING, his parents are fantastic! It'd be nice if the couple started out with a baby! Awwwww!!
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited June 2013
    @rockout if same-sex couples were to raise the rating, it already would be raise just the OPTION of having same-sex couples (which is already in game) in game.

    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    My question is...would it raise the rating at all?

    I don't see why it would.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    @rockout if same-sex couples were to raise the rating, it already would be raise just the OPTION of having same-sex couples (which is already in game) in game.

    Good point! Well, I'm glad that's a non-issue then. :D
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    LazyhappyLazyhappy Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2013
    naanaatali wrote:
    I'm sure this would be possible, in Aurora Sky's DLC there was a Gay couple.

    Technically they were "BFFs" with an adopted daughter. :I
    Anyway I'll sign if you still need signatures. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top