Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delete

Comments

  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    This is why it falls under an 18+ issue..children under the age of 18 don't get to do what they want until they are 18..(legally)

    This does not make sense to me.

    Should we stop Sims from woohooing and driving cars because children are not allowed to do these things?

    What is a federal issue? Sorry I don't really understand American politics. Is that some form of local politics?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2013
    Uberguy,
    Someone a page or two back requested people make their reasonable arguements of why this is a good idea or a bad idea for "EA" and leave out the religious side of it. I tried to show why some even 'secular' people (not religious) may not want EA to do this. That's all.

    I'm not sure what type marriage you are talking about in the Bible, other than in the Old Testiment where men did have many wives. Perhaps this is something that should also be considered? I think in TS1 Sims could were not even 'associated' as 'married' in the game if I remember correctly. We didn't even have a relatiohsip option in the CAS..you just made Sims in the same household...and though you might think of them as 'married' the game wouldn't even make them sleep in the same bed until the relationship was very, very high.

    I remember having to sell a double bed in that game and get two single beds (buy my Sims were broke) because the wifey wouldn't get into the double bed.

    So, the game has come a long way. But wanting EA to 'teach children' which is Cali's motive to be honest, isn't the way to go if people want to make a change. It only may upset more tradional marriage thinkers and the name calling and other things don't help either. ETA: to the person that asked what is a Federal 'issue' you need to google what falls under State Law vs Federal Law..to understand US policies. I don't think I would be allowed to go into an indepth political explaination of why some subjects in our society is still divisional. It's not about the issue..it's about if Fed. law trumps State law or not. And that could play a part in whether parents falling on either side find EA is validating either side of 'that' issue.

    It's a bigger issue than a 14 yr old wanting to have this in the game as a premade. That is all I am saying and I think is enough if someone takes the time to understand all that and why it is a hot topic.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DejiDenjaDejiDenja Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    This is why it falls under an 18+ issue..children under the age of 18 don't get to do what they want until they are 18..(legally)

    This does not make sense to me.

    Should we stop Sims from woohooing and driving cars because children are not allowed to do these things?

    What is a federal issue? Sorry I don't really understand American politics. Is that some form of local politics?

    actually, teens are woohooing all the time now... and I was 16 when I started to drive. So driving isn't a "18+" thing. :)

    federal issue is when the federal government (The Senate and The House) has to decide what the country "wants" (it's really what THEY want...even though we voted them in because we thought they would put our interests first. Doesn't always happen this way).
    It's not local, it's all of the US. Local issues are by either state, county, or town.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    DejiDenja wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    This is why it falls under an 18+ issue..children under the age of 18 don't get to do what they want until they are 18..(legally)

    This does not make sense to me.

    Should we stop Sims from woohooing and driving cars because children are not allowed to do these things?

    What is a federal issue? Sorry I don't really understand American politics. Is that some form of local politics?

    actually, teens are woohooing all the time now... and I was 16 when I started to drive. So driving isn't a "18+" thing. :)

    federal issue is when the federal government (The Senate and The House) has to decide what the country "wants" (it's really what THEY want...even though we voted them in because we thought they would put our interests first. Doesn't always happen this way).
    It's not local, it's all of the US. Local issues are by either state, county, or town.

    Sorry, but this doesn't make sense, again......you say "teens are woohooing all the time" but yet, there can't be same sex relationships? A lot of teens have same sex woohoo, and a lot of those teens are in same sex relationships. Teens can have relationships in the game, so why not a same sex premade couple? If this makes any sense- if it doesn't, sorry, I've had a long day- LOL

    Some of you say you don't want this thread to be deleted, but debating politics/the bible here is probably the best way to get it deleted...This is a game, not real life, so what does the American federal government have anything to do with it? Imo, you guys are thinking way too into it. The OP just wanted a same sex couple in the game. There is already same sex marriage in the game, so that debate is out of the way.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2013
    O.o again we are talking about young adults, who are teenagers who play this game. We are talking about kids who by the time their old enough to play this game on the tos know more than we think . I don't see how if what they are faced with on a day to day basis at school and it doesn't change them if they go home and play a game it will change them.

    Sims has never effected anyone religiously or non religiously. It's never been a game where you're confined to playing it one way, it's a game where everyone can play how they want to play. Why in the world would we take offense to what someone does in their game. It's their business. If ea makes premade couples of any gender preference where in there is it affecting you. You don't want them you have a delete button.

    Stop treating teenagers as if they're so innocent they don't know anything about the world around them. They know more than you think and by now they have their own choices and paths to make. You cannot control a human being and prevent anything, they'll rebel and lash out at you if you try. These are young adults now who don't need to be coddled they need to be guided a difference from being handheld and dragged along.

    I can't believe how intolerant and ignorant both sides of this argument are it's so disappointing. To see the argument of this brought to this level of intolerance when it isn't even that serious is just as sad.
  • Options
    DejiDenjaDejiDenja Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2013
    DejiDenja wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    This is why it falls under an 18+ issue..children under the age of 18 don't get to do what they want until they are 18..(legally)

    This does not make sense to me.

    Should we stop Sims from woohooing and driving cars because children are not allowed to do these things?

    What is a federal issue? Sorry I don't really understand American politics. Is that some form of local politics?

    actually, teens are woohooing all the time now... and I was 16 when I started to drive. So driving isn't a "18+" thing. :)

    federal issue is when the federal government (The Senate and The House) has to decide what the country "wants" (it's really what THEY want...even though we voted them in because we thought they would put our interests first. Doesn't always happen this way).
    It's not local, it's all of the US. Local issues are by either state, county, or town.

    Sorry, but this doesn't make sense, again......you say "teens are woohooing all the time" but yet, there can't be same sex relationships? A lot of teens have same sex woohoo, and a lot of those teens are in same sex relationships. Teens can have relationships in the game, so why not a same sex premade couple? If this makes any sense- if it doesn't, sorry, I've had a long day- LOL

    Lol. I mean... um, I can't explain it. I am all for same-sex relationships and marriage.
    Oh! Someone said that same-sex couples would make the game 18+ but many teenagers are woohooing already (bot same-sex and straight.)in real life. That's what I was saying. So same-sex marriage wouldn't make it 18+ and it shouldn't be 18+...cause many teenagers are already in these kind of relationships.
    If that makes any sense.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar you are trying to get this thread deleted so please stop. I don't care whether someone is against this for religious, political, moral, financial or any other reason I just don't care. If parents choose not to buy it because of it's inclusion that's up to them but all I pray is none of their children grow up to be gay.

    Also, can people please stop using the word "intolerance" to describe my views. Too right I am "intolerant" of people against gay relationships and rights. It's like talking to a brick wall. It's their right to be against gays, it's MY right to dislike them. If you were a female and you knew a man hated women, would you be comfortable having a conversation with him? If you were Asian and you knew someone had been throwing around racist comments, would you be able to to comfortably talk to them? If you could you're a better person than me, but my guess is the majority of the world would not be able to show that person any amount of respect.

    Now let's get some more sigs! :D
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    DejiDenja wrote:
    Lol. I mean... um, I can't explain it. I am all for same-sex relationships and marriage.
    Oh! Someone said that same-sex couples would make the game 18+ but many teenagers are woohooing already (bot same-sex and straight.)in real life. That's what I was saying. So same-sex marriage wouldn't make it 18+ and it shouldn't be 18+...cause many teenagers are already in these kind of relationships.
    If that makes any sense.

    Lol! I understand now. And I definitely agree!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    uberguy5uberguy5 Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Uberguy,
    Someone a page or two back requested people make their reasonable arguements of why this is a good idea or a bad idea for "EA" and leave out the religious side of it. I tried to show why some even 'secular' people (not religious) may not want EA to do this. That's all.

    I'm not sure what type marriage you are talking about in the Bible, other than in the Old Testiment where men did have many wives. Perhaps this is something that should also be considered? I think in TS1 Sims could were not even 'associated' as 'married' in the game if I remember correctly. We didn't even have a relatiohsip option in the CAS..you just made Sims in the same household...and though you might think of them as 'married' the game wouldn't even make them sleep in the same bed until the relationship was very, very high.

    I remember having to sell a double bed in that game and get two single beds (buy my Sims were broke) because the wifey wouldn't get into the double bed.

    So, the game has come a long way. But wanting EA to 'teach children' which is Cali's motive to be honest, isn't the way to go if people want to make a change. It only may upset more tradional marriage thinkers and the name calling and other things don't help either. ETA: to the person that asked what is a Federal 'issue' you need to google what falls under State Law vs Federal Law..to understand US policies. I don't think I would be allowed to go into an indepth political explaination of why some subjects in our society is still divisional. It's not about the issue..it's about if Fed. law trumps State law or not. And that could play a part in whether parents falling on either side find EA is validating either side of 'that' issue.

    It's a bigger issue than a 14 yr old wanting to have this in the game as a premade. That is all I am saying and I think is enough if someone takes the time to understand all that and why it is a hot topic.

    I fully understand what you were trying to say and you're intentions. I'm not saying those are your beliefs but merely a reason as to why some people would not want it. I'm merely saying those reasons are somewhat poor and have been used before.

    I suggest you google the different marriages I the bible. It's quite interesting. I know what you mean by traditional marriage and I think an option to have mutliple spouses would be interesting.

    I also agree that this is the wrong way to push equality. It's sort of like trying to force a cat to bark like a dog. It all boils down to wether EA will add a gay couple or not and all the petitioning will not change that. in my opinion there are far better ways to teach children about equality than by doing it threw EA. at the end of the day this is a game and what EA puts in it is up to them.

  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    DejiDenja wrote:
    Lol. I mean... um, I can't explain it. I am all for same-sex relationships and marriage.
    Oh! Someone said that same-sex couples would make the game 18+ but many teenagers are woohooing already (bot same-sex and straight.)in real life. That's what I was saying. So same-sex marriage wouldn't make it 18+ and it shouldn't be 18+...cause many teenagers are already in these kind of relationships.
    If that makes any sense.

    The game is a 12. In my country you're not allowed to drive or 'woohoo' at this age, however you can make adult Sims do this.

    I'm trying to make some sort of point about the Sims being a fantasy game in which younger people may make such choices for Sims. I wondered why she was making a particular problem out of same-sex relationships.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Invis
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2013
    but I'm neither a strong supporter of same-sex
    I wish you would remove Jamey Rodemeyer's Tweet from your signature, it seems disrespectful to his memory when you are writing comments like that. :(

    Excuse me...this is totally out of line. I said I'm not a STRONG supporter, but never said I was against same-sex. And IF your are implying me to be like one of those horrible bullies that picked on poor Jamey because he was homosexual- then I am absolutely digusted.

    I will NOT remove his tweet from my signature- you know why? Because the point is I'm strongly against bullying. I don't discriminate and the reason for his tweet being in my signature is because I saw his videos, and I was disgusted that people would single him out over his sexuality. So for you to say it is disrespectful...I'm just gob-smacked. Maybe you should look at some posts you've made to people before in different topics before you judge anyone else.

    :x
  • Options
    DejiDenjaDejiDenja Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2013
    DejiDenja wrote:
    Lol. I mean... um, I can't explain it. I am all for same-sex relationships and marriage.
    Oh! Someone said that same-sex couples would make the game 18+ but many teenagers are woohooing already (bot same-sex and straight.)in real life. That's what I was saying. So same-sex marriage wouldn't make it 18+ and it shouldn't be 18+...cause many teenagers are already in these kind of relationships.
    If that makes any sense.

    The game is a 12. In my country you're not allowed to drive or 'woohoo' at this age, however you can make adult Sims do this.

    I'm trying to make some sort of point about the Sims being a fantasy game in which younger people may make such choices for Sims. I wondered why she was making a particular problem out of same-sex relationships.

    Ah, I completely understand now. I am sorry if I seemed rude to you.
    Yes now I am wondering that too. But people have their own opinions. :)

    I think they should just put one couple in...they almost did it in Sims 3.

  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cali,

    Knowing you posted 'you hoped all straights would be 'knocked off' one by one until only gay people were left' in the thread that was deleted I won't be signing your new petition, either.

    Nor when you stated in another that (which you deleted your comment) that you were only doing things to rile me (in that thread) I don't consider you the best person to represent this idea for EA to add premades same sex couples living in the houses in the next game.

    I wouldn't want to support such a bad attitude like that.

    Good luck with your thread but knowing what you have said in other threads is a reason for me not to support this thread one way or another.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited June 2013
    Signed! :D Aurora Skies got my hopes up, but then they were just BFFs. Still, at least that was something! :)
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Cali,

    Knowing you posted 'you hoped all straights would be 'knocked off' one by one until only gay people were left' in the thread that was deleted I won't be signing your new petition, either.

    Nor when you stated in another that (which you deleted your comment) that you were only doing things to rile me (in that thread) I don't consider you the best person to represent this idea for EA to add premades same sex couples living in the houses in the next game.

    I wouldn't want to support such a bad attitude like that.

    Good luck with your thread but knowing what you have said in other threads is a reason for me not to support this thread one way or another.
    Listen honeysuckle, the only reason I ever said anything rude to you in the first place was because of you expressing your opposition of this subject, so please don't act like you were ever going to sign. If you remember, you said you would boycott The Sims 4 if it had this in and you couldn't remove it.

    I don't remember a comment about "knocking off straight people from the thread" but if there was one it would have been an obvious joke and you know it. The vocal majority of people supporting this topic are straight. :wink: I can tell you that my comment about hoping same-sex relationships were forced on Simmers who didn't agree with the lifestyle was not a joke though. :
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    Signed :D Aurora Skies got my hopes up, but then they were just BFFs. Still, at least that was something! :)
    Thank you for singing! :D
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2013
    I can tell you that my comment about hoping same-sex relationships were forced on Simmers who didn't agree with the lifestyle was not a joke though. :

    Yep...just as obnoxious and selfish as I thought. dilia_nono.gif
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    I can tell you that my comment about hoping same-sex relationships were forced on Simmers who didn't agree with the lifestyle was not a joke though. :

    Yep...just as obnoxious and selfish as I thought. dilia_nono.gif
    How dare you call me selfish?

    If homosexuality is forced on people, they will have no choice but to accept it. If people accept homosexuality, it will be deemed normal. If homosexuality was deemed normal, children wouldn't be bullied for it. If children weren't being bullied for being gay, they wouldn't be killing themselves. See where I'm going with this?

    It is a disgrace that you are wearing that Tweet as a Siggy, when he was thanking Gaga for everything she has done for gay rights.

    Is it selfish to want other children to grow up not feeling ostracised because of a way they were born? Is it selfish to not want children to grow up being bullied like I was? Now 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of my thread.
  • Options
    DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I can tell you that my comment about hoping same-sex relationships were forced on Simmers who didn't agree with the lifestyle was not a joke though. :

    Yep...just as obnoxious and selfish as I thought. dilia_nono.gif
    How dare you call me selfish?

    If homosexuality is forced on people, they will have no choice but to accept it. If people accept homosexuality, it will be deemed normal. If homosexuality was deemed normal, children wouldn't be bullied for it. If children weren't being bullied for being gay, they wouldn't be killing themselves. See where I'm going with this?

    It is a disgrace that you are wearing that Tweet as a Siggy, when he was thanking Gaga for everything she has done for gay rights.

    Is it selfish to want other children to grow up not feeling ostracised because of a way they were born? Is it selfish to not want children to grow up being bullied like I was? Now 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of my thread.

    Since when does forcing ANYTHING on ANYONE deem it normal? It is normal by force, which is not the same thing.
    People are bullied for EVERYTHING, normal or not. I was bullied for being European, and I live in the states. Being European is normal, as is living in the states. i was still bullied though.

    The fact that you want to force everyone to accept something is not right, and you know it. It's called an opinion, which everyone has a right to. Please calm yourself down, because what you asked for at first was a simple request, but how you are talking about it now makes you seem like a pretty terrible person.

    I'm sorry you were bullied, but I'm also sorry that you feel like everyone who doesn't agree needs to have something forced upon them.
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2013
    I can tell you that my comment about hoping same-sex relationships were forced on Simmers who didn't agree with the lifestyle was not a joke though. :

    Yep...just as obnoxious and selfish as I thought. dilia_nono.gif
    How dare you call me selfish?

    If homosexuality is forced on people, they will have no choice but to accept it. If people accept homosexuality, it will be deemed normal. If homosexuality was deemed normal, children wouldn't be bullied for it. If children weren't being bullied for being gay, they wouldn't be killing themselves. See where I'm going with this?

    It is a disgrace that you are wearing that Tweet as a Siggy, when he was thanking Gaga for everything she has done for gay rights.

    Is it selfish to want other children to grow up not feeling ostracised because of a way they were born? Is it selfish to not want children to grow up being bullied like I was? Now 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of my thread.

    WOW WOW WOW WOW... Talk about being biased.

    I call you selfish simply because you aren't doing this for equality, or to make people feel that homosexuality is normal. Your doing this with one group in mind, same-sex people, and don't have a consideration for anyone else.

    I've seen your posts here, I've seen your posts in other threads, and I've seen your posts from your previous accounts. You don't do this for good, you expressed in other threads how you wanted same-sex simply so everyone who is hetrosexual would quit the game. So don't paint yourself as a saint here. See where I'm going with this? :roll:

    I never said anything about it being selfish for children to see homosexuality. I think it's good for children to be exposed to it at a young age, so they know that it is not wrong at all and if they have those feelings for the same sex, there is nothing bad about that. So don't put words into my mouth dear.

    And I will keep my signature for as long as I can. I know the whole story with Jamey and Lady Gaga and so on. And you know what? I cried my eyes out after I saw videos he himself had posted before what happened. So don't paint me as the anti-christ or something. Forcing homosexuality onto people will never make it be seemed as "normal". So many religious people, so many homophobics will never see this as normal. And I'm not talking about myself in anyway, because once again, I don't see anything wrong with it, despite the fact you acted like I was totally against it when you first posted back to me.

    You have your side of the argument and I have mine, telling me to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 your thread just shows me how unwilling you are to hear good points. :? :x
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your doing this with one group in mind, same-sex people, and don't have a consideration for anyone else.
    You're right, I have no consideration for people who are against same-sex relationships. Their opinions mean NOTHING to me. I don't care if they are offended, I don't care if they boycott the game. I don't care.

    What rational person in this day and age can say they don't "agree" with homosexuality? Who gives a flying what if they agree with it or not, there's nothing to agree with. There's nothing to be offended over.

    I have had this conversation too many times on these boards now, enough is enough.

    If people were still saying "I don't accept black people, we should still have segregation" or "Women are second class citizens, they shouldn't be allowed to work or vote" there would be an outrage. NO ONE would be expected to simply say "that's their opinion, let it be." One day this will be the same for gays, and that day can't come soon enough.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    you expressed in other threads how you wanted same-sex simply so everyone who is hetrosexual would quit the game.
    Honeysuckle, I said I wanted same-sex relationships so everyone who was homophobic would quit the game, NOT straight people. Have you noticed that the vocal majority of people supporting this idea are actually straight themselves?
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    If people were still saying "I don't accept black people, we should still have segregation" or "Women are second class citizens, they shouldn't be allowed to work or vote" there would be an outrage. NO ONE would be expected to simply say "that's their opinion, let it be." One day this will be the same for gays, and that day can't come soon enough.

    I don't want to get involved in this whole argument because its not really my business. I would just like to say that you make a very good point here.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2013
    you expressed in other threads how you wanted same-sex simply so everyone who is hetrosexual would quit the game.
    Honeysuckle, I said I wanted same-sex relationships so everyone who was homophobic would quit the game, NOT straight people. Have you noticed that the vocal majority of people supporting this idea are actually straight themselves?

    Yes I can see that, "honeysuckle". But just because someone is homophobic doesn't mean they should quit a game. I can tell you my brother is homophobic. He doesn't hate gay people and he certainly isn't one of those to walk around churches with signs calling same-sex people the "f" word. He just doesn't see it as "right". So before you say you don't want any homophobic people playing the game, remember there are two different types of them.

    EDIT: Sorry for the arguing, I was just trying to get an opinion across. I will leave this thread, sorry if I offended anyone that was not the intention and good day to you all.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top