Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delete

18910111214...Next

Comments

  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    What is wrong with witnessing a sibling's sexual stuff?
    I mean I wouldn't wanna see it but there are people out there who "like" their family. How is that different from gay and straight stuff? If no one gets hurt, it's fine by me.

    Are you effin' serious?
    I asked her a question on her site and look at her reply (it's the top one):
    http://ask.fm/doowally :lol:
  • JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2013
    As much as I loathe JodieH777 and others like her I have to agree with what she said. The bible says "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be on them." The Bible states that homosexuality is a sin and punishable by death and if you follow the bible I don't see how you can pick and choose what to abide by, if you choose to follow the bible and live by it you should follow all of it. Celebrities like Miley Cyrus annoy me when they preach Christianity and follow the Bible but also promote homosexuality, you can't have it both ways dear. You can't just ignore that little verse.

    Hate gets you no where, you know. For your information you are quoting an old Jewish law from the Bible. Those laws were made null by the death of Christ. He paid the price, so we don't have to. I suggest if you are going to read the Bible, that you read all of it not just bits and pieces to satisfy your anger.
  • ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    What is wrong with witnessing a sibling's sexual stuff?
    I mean I wouldn't wanna see it but there are people out there who "like" their family. How is that different from gay and straight stuff? If no one gets hurt, it's fine by me.

    Are you effin' serious?
    I asked her a question on her site and look at her reply (it's the top one):
    http://ask.fm/doowally :lol:


    :shock: LOLNOPENOPENOPENOPE
  • JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    And yet, there are just as many parts of the bible that could be taken as "homosexuality is okay" as there are that could be taken as "homosexuality is a sin".

    I've read the Bible through more than once and I assure you I haven't seen anything to substantiate this statement, but if it makes you feel better you of course can believe anything you want.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    As much as I loathe JodieH777 and others like her I have to agree with what she said. The bible says "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be on them." The Bible states that homosexuality is a sin and punishable by death and if you follow the bible I don't see how you can pick and choose what to abide by, if you choose to follow the bible and live by it you should follow all of it. Celebrities like Miley Cyrus annoy me when they preach Christianity and follow the Bible but also promote homosexuality, you can't have it both ways dear. You can't just ignore that little verse.

    That being said, I believe the Bible is a piece of filth. As it states that someone deserves to die for sleeping with someone of the same gender the book should be burned and never see the light of day again. I follow none of the bible, therefore I don't pick and choose to abide by certain parts of it but not others. I DO believe in God though, just not that version of God.

    EDIT to add so Cinebar doesn't get mad: I don't know if the other Holy books state the same thing as the Bible as I am not familiar with any of them, if they are the same I hate them equally. Not just picking on Christianity like I have been accused before.

    Also please note that I did not say that I hated the religion Christianity or it's followers, but the Bible only.
    Yes, the bible does outright state that homosexuality is a sin, but there are also several verses that could be taken almost as support for homosexuality, or at least as mention of important people in the bible being gay themselves and nothing is said against it.

    For example, what David said to Jonathan is a well known example:
    "I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother; dear and delightful you were to me; your love for me was wonderful, surpassing the love of women."

    Now no one really knows for sure what was meant with that passage. That is where my problem with it that I mentioned before comes into it.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    JodieH777 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    And yet, there are just as many parts of the bible that could be taken as "homosexuality is okay" as there are that could be taken as "homosexuality is a sin".

    I've read the Bible through more than once and I assure you I haven't seen anything to substantiate this statement, but if it makes you feel better you of course can believe anything you want.
    See my post above.

    That again is the problem. The religious "pro-gay" group will try their hardest to find support in the bible of their sexuality; and vise versa for the religious "anti-gay" group.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    Invisi-post
  • SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    JodieH777 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The bible teaches peace and acceptance. Roman 13:9 "Though shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". The bible does not teach ignorance or discrimination

    And, again, as a disclaimer, I am not at all religious.


    Since you say you are not religious. I know you probably don't really understand all of what that text is saying. If you read the entire text you can see it is about keeping the commandments of God. These are the morals that a christian should live by, and yes they say to love your neighbor. One of the commandments quoted in the text, is to not steal, so if my neighbor is a thief? How does a christian show them love? Does a christian let them continue in their thievery? No, a christian should speak out against it because it is morally wrong, and hence the person may turn from their thievery and do what is right. The very first command quoted is to not commit adultery. Adultery is defined in the Bible as any sexual relationship outside of marriage and even includes lustful thoughts about another person you are not married to. Marriage is also defined in the Bible as a joining together of a man and wife, thus maybe you can see the other side of the picture and where a religious person may be coming from. To many religious people committing homosexual acts is a moral issue.
    And yet, there are just as many parts of the bible that could be taken as "homosexuality is okay" as there are that could be taken as "homosexuality is a sin".

    Not to be mean or nit-picky, but can you let me know where it hints that? I know my Bible skills are very rusty, but I don't recall coming across that part of the message. Y'know, if there, cool, if not, whatever. I'm just curious.
  • azureflame2azureflame2 Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2013
    Funny story, women were treated as slaves back in those days and to lie with a man the way you would a women would be making that man a slave of yours just like that woman. That's the only reason it's even in there, lol. You have to know history to understand the bible.

    Seriously though, this topic has derailed so far even if it was an entertaining read. I'm a straight guy who supports this kind of thing though, so signed.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    Steffstar wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    JodieH777 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The bible teaches peace and acceptance. Roman 13:9 "Though shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". The bible does not teach ignorance or discrimination

    And, again, as a disclaimer, I am not at all religious.


    Since you say you are not religious. I know you probably don't really understand all of what that text is saying. If you read the entire text you can see it is about keeping the commandments of God. These are the morals that a christian should live by, and yes they say to love your neighbor. One of the commandments quoted in the text, is to not steal, so if my neighbor is a thief? How does a christian show them love? Does a christian let them continue in their thievery? No, a christian should speak out against it because it is morally wrong, and hence the person may turn from their thievery and do what is right. The very first command quoted is to not commit adultery. Adultery is defined in the Bible as any sexual relationship outside of marriage and even includes lustful thoughts about another person you are not married to. Marriage is also defined in the Bible as a joining together of a man and wife, thus maybe you can see the other side of the picture and where a religious person may be coming from. To many religious people committing homosexual acts is a moral issue.
    And yet, there are just as many parts of the bible that could be taken as "homosexuality is okay" as there are that could be taken as "homosexuality is a sin".

    Not to be mean or nit-picky, but can you let me know where it hints that? I know my Bible skills are very rusty, but I don't recall coming across that part of the message. Y'know, if there, cool, if not, whatever. I'm just curious.
    Sure, see my post at the top of this page :) There are more examples but some of them are a little more... explicit.
  • LazyhappyLazyhappy Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2013
    JodieH777 wrote:
    Lazyhappy wrote:
    As i said, it's not all people on this forum, just some people forcing their opinion on you.

    Did I say all people on this forum were forcing their opinion on me? Or are you actually twisting my words? :roll:

    What? I assumed your example of someone preaching at you was you basically stating "this is what the homosexuals on the the forum are like, screw what you say I'm ignoring it and giving this to you!"

    Sorry if I assumed wrong, but you didn't really explain how it actually applied to my response at all. If it's not what I thought what is it's relevance to what I stated?
    Lazyhappy wrote:
    Anyway I'll address the killing point of yours, despite it's irrelevance. Philosophically speaking animals kill and steal for, the most part, survival. And I believe survival is morally justified. Not saying we should do that.


    You say you believe killing or stealing to survive is morally justified, but that we shouldn't do it. Why is that? Could it be because we are actually more intelligent than the rest of the animal kingdom and that we actually have morals where they have none. Hmmm, an interesting thought.

    What I meant is that survival isn't usually the reason why humans kill, just animals I believe. There are many other factors contributing to whether humans killing is morally justified and therefore it's more complicated. If the reason is due to survival alone, it would be just as justified in my opinion. But that kind of murder is uncommon for humans I believe.

    Also I stated that murder/thieving has no relevance to homosexuality and well... any of my point actually. The only reason I addressed this is because you found that it was relevant somehow and I didn't get it. I wish to know your reasoning on why it's relevant, If I may ask again. But anyway, despite that, I will address your point again because I find that in debates it's important to respect whom your debating with (atleast enough to understand where they are coming from).

    So tell me, what makes you think that the animal kingdom lack morals? Degree of intelligence has not been proven to mean creatures do or do not have morals. Did you actually research that point of yours or is that just your intuition telling you so? In defense, if you look at primates and other mammals, they're is proof of them showing the possibility of moral behavior (such as empathy). You don't know what goes on in their heads and neither do I. So yet again any statement in any regards to animals and morals is just mere opinion and not a fact for it has yet to be proven, just like the issue of whether people are just naturally born with homosexuality or it's stemmed from factors (my actual point). Everything is just a theory and it's illogical to state anything as fact or "almost fact", especially if you stated no reasoning or proof.



    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2013
    Can't believe this thread is still going, and people are still making funny comments!

    DGBitcrowdgo.gif

    Great. Now I want popcorn.
  • SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Steffstar wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    JodieH777 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The bible teaches peace and acceptance. Roman 13:9 "Though shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". The bible does not teach ignorance or discrimination

    And, again, as a disclaimer, I am not at all religious.


    Since you say you are not religious. I know you probably don't really understand all of what that text is saying. If you read the entire text you can see it is about keeping the commandments of God. These are the morals that a christian should live by, and yes they say to love your neighbor. One of the commandments quoted in the text, is to not steal, so if my neighbor is a thief? How does a christian show them love? Does a christian let them continue in their thievery? No, a christian should speak out against it because it is morally wrong, and hence the person may turn from their thievery and do what is right. The very first command quoted is to not commit adultery. Adultery is defined in the Bible as any sexual relationship outside of marriage and even includes lustful thoughts about another person you are not married to. Marriage is also defined in the Bible as a joining together of a man and wife, thus maybe you can see the other side of the picture and where a religious person may be coming from. To many religious people committing homosexual acts is a moral issue.
    And yet, there are just as many parts of the bible that could be taken as "homosexuality is okay" as there are that could be taken as "homosexuality is a sin".

    Not to be mean or nit-picky, but can you let me know where it hints that? I know my Bible skills are very rusty, but I don't recall coming across that part of the message. Y'know, if there, cool, if not, whatever. I'm just curious.
    Sure, see my post at the top of this page :) There are more examples but some of them are a little more... explicit.

    Pretty cool. Thanks. There used to be a gay Christian church not far from my house (they had to close due to funding, I believe). I wonder if they ever used those lines in the Bible as part of their sermons?

    Edit: If you mean by explicit the stuff in Song of Solomon. Yeah, I've heard that's like the p.orn section of the Bible or something.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Edited my post so it doesn't cause any more drama.

    Hopefully this thread can be deleted and re-created, or the gurus can delete all the nasty comments during the maintenance, or something. I would hate to see this whole thread be gone because of a few hateful people.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    So, you want it both ways? First you say the bible doesn't say it's wrong:
    JodieH777 wrote:
    Hate gets you no where, you know. For your information you are quoting an old Jewish law from the Bible. Those laws were made null by the death of Christ. He paid the price, so we don't have to. I suggest if you are going to read the Bible, that you read all of it not just bits and pieces to satisfy your anger.

    Then you say it does:
    JodieH777 wrote:
    I've read the Bible through more than once and I assure you I haven't seen anything to substantiate this statement, but if it makes you feel better you of course can believe anything you want.

    Make your mind up!
  • thesims123nvthesims123nv Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I LOVE IT!!! Signed!!! :mrgreen:
  • neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited June 2013
    Can't believe this thread is still going, and people are still making funny comments!

    DGBitcrowdgo.gif

    Seriously. I think I've seen this thread remade and still on the first page here at least 4 times over the last few weeks I think? Why people keep talking to him and taking him seriously is beyond me. And I apologize for now bumping this up a few places to the top, first and last post here trust me :lol: Edit: And just to be clear I am very much supportive of LGBTQ rights but these threads have been nothing but one disaster after another.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    neon_wild wrote:
    Why people keep talking to him and taking him seriously is beyond me.
    Is your avi a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 man or woman?
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited June 2013
    yes, this shouldve been deleted from the jump off.
    what a request. :roll:
  • Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited June 2013
    162 supporters. That's beautiful. <3
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2013
    This is ridiculous that this request has denigrated into a discussion of religion. How dare any one of you, who proclaim to "understand" the bible? None of you do, unless you have PHd's in anthropology or some other degree that would allow you to learn and understand the language and culture of the time, over 2000 to 5000 years ago!!!

    The passages that refer to gays (and lots of other issues), according to scholars' lectures I've attended, have been taken out of context to support ideas popular at the time of their misinterpretation.

    Please, learn to decipher the Aramaic language before you go spouting your "understanding"

    It's a civil rights issue and that's all it is. Lots of people use all kinds of things to support racism, sexism and any other "ism" you can name, especially Religion

    :roll:

    You people disgust me!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top