Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Invis
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    broken
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2013
    Lazyhappy wrote:
    As i said, it's not all people on this forum, just some people forcing their opinion on you.

Did I say all people on this forum were forcing their opinion on me? Or are you actually twisting my words? :roll:

Lazyhappy wrote:
    Anyway I'll address the killing point of yours, despite it's irrelevance. Philosophically speaking animals kill and steal for, the most part, survival. And I believe survival is morally justified. Not saying we should do that.

You say you believe killing or stealing to survive is morally justified, but that we shouldn't do it. Why is that? Could it be because we are actually more intelligent than the rest of the animal kingdom and that we actually have morals where they have none. Hmmm, an interesting thought.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    It's funny how people were still commenting about me when I hadn't even posted for hours. I have read some really flabbergasting things but this one stands out the most: I "said being straight is gross".

So I have been accused of:
    -Hating women
    -Wishing all straight people dead
    -Wanting homosexuals to be viewed as more important than heterosexuals
    -Thinking straight sex is disgusting
    -Thinking being straight is disgusting

The lengths people will go to to try and excuse their own prejudices amaze me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I just saw a story on the news that I thought might be pertinent.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cutest-couple-ny-high-school-boys-19317801#.Ua34hNiFM88
    If that's the cutest couple I would hate to see the worst. :?

image.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    LOL, someone who hates homosexuality agrees with incest. That sums it up perfectly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    LOL, someone who hates homosexuality agrees with incest. That sums it up perfectly.

:lol:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for linking that article PHOEBESMOM, it was nice to see. :D
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just saw a story on the news that I thought might be pertinent.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cutest-couple-ny-high-school-boys-19317801#.Ua34hNiFM88
    If that's the cutest couple I would hate to see the worst. :?

image.jpg

Are you just trying to be snarky now? I thought the point was that it happened at all....not if you agreed how cute they were.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    neilshaw1980neilshaw1980 Posts: 210 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    What is wrong with witnessing a sibling's sexual stuff?
    I mean I wouldn't wanna see it but there are people out there who "like" their family. How is that different from gay and straight stuff? If no one gets hurt, it's fine by me.

Usually in those kind of relationships there are serious psychological issues that need to be dealt with, often people that like siblings in that way come from abusive backgrounds, or in some cases are long lost relatives that probably never met, I would not say its healthy though, its totally different to being gay.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    I mean I wouldn't wanna see it but there are people out there who "like" their family. How is that different from gay and straight stuff? If no one gets hurt, it's fine by me.

Seriously? Considering incest is completely illegal and homosexuality is (in most places) not....sorry but I do not support people who "like" their family- not to mention, the children they produce are most times physicallly/ mentally compromised. That isn't right, imo. I am not getting into a debate with you over it, I was joking around with neilshaw.
    Well, not that I'm against homosexuality but the same sex couples cannot produce offspring at all (by nature). What does that tell you? :D
    Anyway I'm out of this thread, just popped in to see if the madness is over. Obviously not.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Are you just trying to be snarky now? I thought the point was that it happened at all....not if you agreed how cute they were.
    Oh I'm sorry if you thought I was being rude. I'm glad to see it happened, and thanks for linking it. :D I just meant they weren't a very attractive couple.
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2013
    Although the topic of sexual ethics (and that is a whole can of worms on its own) seems to be tangentially touching the topic of this thread, I am not going to further this discussion anymore. I don't care if you are anti-gay or pro-gay or whatever. Please, I beg you, consider this thread is not about trying to convince your opponent to whatever opinion you have, and I urge you to seek a separate forum. This is a Sims 3 forum, and this thread is about asking EA/Maxis to do something on your behalf, whatever that may be. It would be nicer if the members of this thread actually direct their post to EA instead of toward each other. Arguing is not going to help, because regular members don't make the game. Period.

If you see something erroneous, then please realize that it's not possible to change someone opinion over the Internet. Leave it as it is. There are several websites that are pro-gay or anti-gay. This is not one of them.

Sample petition form:

Yes, I support the petition of requesting EA to add same-sex couples into the Sims 4 game.

No, I do not support the petition of requesting EA to add same-sex couples into the Sims 4 game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    Well, not that I'm against homosexuality but the same sex couples cannot produce offspring at all (by nature). What does that tell you? :D
    Anyway I'm out of this thread, just popped in to see if the madness is over. Obviously not.

It seems to me that you actually do have something against homosexuality if you are going to take it so far as to compare it to people having sexual relations with their family members. :lol:

Like I said, I am not debating this with you- I'm sure theres some incest forums out there that you can use to chat with others about it. Here is not the place. :D

WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:

This brings up something I have wondered about in the same sex marriage debates. A lot of people (usually ones with right wing views)bring up their belief that marriage is mainly for procreation. Does this mean opposite sex couples who choose not to have children or cannot have children should not be allowed to marry?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:

This brings up something I have wondered about in the same sex marriage debates. A lot of people (usually ones with right wing views)bring up their belief that marriage is mainly for procreation. Does this mean same sex couples who choose not to have children or cannot have children should not be allowed to marry?

Or even the straight couples that can't have children? I don't understand this either.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    neilshaw1980neilshaw1980 Posts: 210 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    Simpkin wrote:

Seriously? Thats your argument for incest being okay? Siblings may technically be able to have offspring as you call it but it doesn't mean they should, look at the problems these kids born to close relatives have.
  • Options
    JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The bible teaches peace and acceptance. Roman 13:9 "Though shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". The bible does not teach ignorance or discrimination

And, again, as a disclaimer, I am not at all religious.

Since you say you are not religious. I know you probably don't really understand all of what that text is saying. If you read the entire text you can see it is about keeping the commandments of God. These are the morals that a christian should live by, and yes they say to love your neighbor. One of the commandments quoted in the text, is to not steal, so if my neighbor is a thief? How does a christian show them love? Does a christian let them continue in their thievery? No, a christian should speak out against it because it is morally wrong, and hence the person may turn from their thievery and do what is right. The very first command quoted is to not commit adultery. Adultery is defined in the Bible as any sexual relationship outside of marriage and even includes lustful thoughts about another person you are not married to. Marriage is also defined in the Bible as a joining together of a man and wife, thus maybe you can see the other side of the picture and where a religious person may be coming from. To many religious people committing homosexual acts is a moral issue.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    Can't believe this thread is still going, and people are still making funny comments!

DGBitcrowdgo.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:

This brings up something I have wondered about in the same sex marriage debates. A lot of people (usually ones with right wing views)bring up their belief that marriage is mainly for procreation. Does this mean same opposite sex couples who choose not to have children or cannot have children should not be allowed to marry?

Or even the straight couples that can't have children? I don't understand this either.

*bangs head on desk*.....yeah that's what I meant. Must be one of those days. I edited my post to say what I meant.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:

This brings up something I have wondered about in the same sex marriage debates. A lot of people (usually ones with right wing views)bring up their belief that marriage is mainly for procreation. Does this mean same opposite sex couples who choose not to have children or cannot have children should not be allowed to marry?

*bangs head on desk*.....yeah that's what I meant. Must be one of those days. I edited my post to say what I meant.

Lol :) I wasn't trying to correct you, I was saying I didn't understand it either lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    JodieH777 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The bible teaches peace and acceptance. Roman 13:9 "Though shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". The bible does not teach ignorance or discrimination

And, again, as a disclaimer, I am not at all religious.

Since you say you are not religious. I know you probably don't really understand all of what that text is saying. If you read the entire text you can see it is about keeping the commandments of God. These are the morals that a christian should live by, and yes they say to love your neighbor. One of the commandments quoted in the text, is to not steal, so if my neighbor is a thief? How does a christian show them love? Does a christian let them continue in their thievery? No, a christian should speak out against it because it is morally wrong, and hence the person may turn from their thievery and do what is right. The very first command quoted is to not commit adultery. Adultery is defined in the Bible as any sexual relationship outside of marriage and even includes lustful thoughts about another person you are not married to. Marriage is also defined in the Bible as a joining together of a man and wife, thus maybe you can see the other side of the picture and where a religious person may be coming from. To many religious people committing homosexual acts is a moral issue.
    And yet, there are just as many parts of the bible that could be taken as "homosexuality is okay" as there are that could be taken as "homosexuality is a sin".

When you pick up a bible, you're not actually reading *the* bible. You're reading an interpretation of it. That is why the wording varies from copy to copy. So while many bibles put emphasis on homosexuality being a sin, there are also some that put emphasis on it not. Hence why there are big debates on things like gay ministers at the moment. If the bible were so clear about homosexuality being a sin, these debates wouldn't happen because there wouldn't be anywhere near as many gay Christians.

And that is where part of my problem lies with any type of religion, not just Christianity. When you read the holy book of any religion, you're reading an interpretation of it, and they all vary slightly. Not much is really 100% crystal clear in any religion. Now, that is not to say that I don't think other people should be allowed to follow a religion - I believe everyone should have the right to choose a religion or none. That's why I may state my opinions about it, I may debate it, but I would never tell someone "your religion" is wrong, nor would I try to force my choice not to follow a religion down their throats. I do, however, expect the same courtesy from the religious person, that they will not try to shove their choice down my throat.

Note that the last part was not directed at anyone, just a general comment.

waterywatermelon (from page 20) - as I said, it was just a simple misunderstanding on my part of what exactly JodieH777 meant in her post. Just consider my reply an explanation of why I misunderstood

Cinebar (page 20) - No, I wasn't, in my post, pointing fingers at anyone and saying "they're a victim" or "they're a bully", nor am I going to at all. Because I personally haven't seen much of either. Now that's not to say it hasn't happened, but I'm not going to stick my nose into something I haven't actually seen for myself, or it could be cut off. That's also why I haven't said too much in response to your post.

Now, I wouldn't say you've been disrespectful either. In fact, I'd say you've been more one of those people that have tried to keep their cool and keep this to a healthy debate. But a healthy debate, along with an all out flame war, is not what this thread was intended to be. I'm guilty of contributing to it too, that's why I stopped posting here for a while, until I saw what I thought was an extremely ignorant post (but turned out to be a misunderstanding). But unfortunately, this thread will most likely end up being deleted soon anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Lol :) I wasn't trying to correct you, I was saying I didn't understand it either lol.[/quote]

I didn't think you were......I had to fix it :oops: It didn't make sense the other way. Like I said....it's one of those dain bramage days.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    As much as I loathe JodieH777 and others like her I have to agree with what she said. The bible says "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be on them." The Bible states that homosexuality is a sin and punishable by death and if you follow the bible I don't see how you can pick and choose what to abide by, if you choose to follow the bible and live by it you should follow all of it. Celebrities like Miley Cyrus annoy me when they preach Christianity and follow the Bible but also promote homosexuality, you can't have it both ways dear. You can't just ignore that little verse.

That being said, I believe the Bible is a piece of filth. As it states that someone deserves to die for sleeping with someone of the same gender the book should be burned and never see the light of day again. I follow none of the bible, therefore I don't pick and choose to abide by certain parts of it but not others. I DO believe in God though, just not that version of God.

EDIT to add so Cinebar doesn't get mad: I don't know if the other Holy books state the same thing as the Bible as I am not familiar with any of them, if they are the same I hate them equally. Not just picking on Christianity like I have been accused before.

Also please note that I did not say that I hated the religion Christianity or it's followers, but the Bible only.
  • Options
    ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:

Are you effin' serious?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top