Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited June 2013
    Look on the bright side, Cali_Pier92. At least you have 160 votes for your petition. :)

On a side note, you may want think about your word choice. It seems to be unclear what kind of message you are trying to send. The word "force" is a powerful term and seems to color your meaning, making it sound like you wish to leave no option for opposite-sex arrangements. I am going to assume that you mean well and really mean that you want to promote love, tolerance, and acceptance of homosexuals in society, where homosexuals are treated as equals rather than as superiors.

I am also disappointed of the view of so-called "religion" in this thread as one-sided. If you have ever gone to many churches in the USA, then the issue of homosexuality and various other issues are far from being one-sided, and there are many churches that are very welcoming to gay and lesbian religious folks.
  • Options
    xSim_SuperStarxxSim_SuperStarx Posts: 297 New Member
    edited June 2013
    So all these tolerant people would happily let someone say "I don't hate black people but I hate how people are black and I don't want black people in my game" OR "I don't hate females but I hate that people are female and I don't want females in my game". Are you actually telling me that these people would be allowed to say these things, and you would simply say "that's your opinion and you're entitled to express that opinion smiley face #freedomofspeech." Are you seriously telling me that would be the case? Because it would NOT, people would NOT be allowed to say these things. So why on earth is it different for gays?

Would a woman or black person countering one of the above arguments be called "closed minded" and "intolerant" and "hateful" and a "bully"?

Don't even dare to say this would be the case because you know for a fact that it would not.

you were mean to pople and thats why they calld you those names. its not different for gays its just differnt for you because you arent acting very nice to those people who dont agree with you.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2013

Would a woman or black person countering one of the above arguments be called "closed minded" and "intolerant" and "hateful" and a "bully"?

Don't even dare to say this would be the case because you know for a fact that it would not.

No they wouldn't as long as they acted in a reasonable manner!If they behaved as you have, insulting everyone then yes they would.
    No one is mad at you for defending gay rights they are mad at you for your attitude towards others.
    Maybe just take a breather for a bit and compose yourself, there's nothing wrong with a healthy debate but when it turns to personal insults it becomes a lost cause
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    redribbon34redribbon34 Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm really sorry that your petition thread is now being used as a thread for fighting Cali and even if EA shuts it down I hope that they still look at how many people signed it and how much work you put into it.Yes I know Cali wasn't always an angel but they kept calm for the most part and they let everyone else put hateful messages towards Cali and put hateful messages towards homosexuals and that probably hurt Cali more than anything.

Both sides of this argument should be ashamed Cali's petition thread is ruined and filled with hate and the people who have signed (including me) will not even get a chance to see EA consider putting a homosexual couple into the base game because even though I hate to say this but Cali's petition,if it is deleted,will not be read.The idea will not be taken into consideration all because this clash of opinions and because Cali replied to the people who disagreed instead of ignoring them Cali is being called a troll and othe horrible names that they are not.

I want to say well done to Cali for getting this far with the petition,and I hope that this thread will not be deleted.
    I also hope that people will continue to keep the banner even if things do get nasty.
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm not going to post again on this thread, it will be deleted soon anyway. I am not going to make a new topic on the same subject, either. Well done, you have won. The people posting in this thread looking for negative reactions who were posting comments to get this deleted can sit back smugly- you have your way. There will be none of the filthy sinning sole-less homosexuals included by default in the game, and you won't have to read this topic again.

But I am going to say one last thing: Stop calling me intolerant or that I should accept their opinions. Yes, they have a "right" (for want of a better word) to state that they don't agree with homosexuality or that they don't want it in the game. It may upset me but I can't stop them, and I can't control their opinions. But under NO circumstances am I going to simply say "that's your opinion and I accept it." There is NO law that says I must accept their opinion, just as they CHOOSE to not accept gays. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if they are following a religion that tells them homosexuality is wrong, I don't care whether it's the way they were brought up. I don't care if parents would be outraged because of their children being subjected to homosexuals. I don't care. I do not simply think that's their opinion and they are entitled to it, because they are NOT entitled to that opinion. And yes I do think that people against homosexuality should be subjected to it, and that it should be forced on them. I hope they have a huge billboard advertising rainbow oreos or gay marriage passing outside their houses. That's MY opinion, and that's MY right to hold that opinion.
    And who says you're entitled to your opinion? You? I'm sorry, but it seems like there's a lot of hypocrisy going around here. :\
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm really sorry that your petition thread is now being used as a thread for fighting Cali and even if EA shuts it down I hope that they still look at how many people signed it and how much work you put into it.Yes I know Cali wasn't always an angel but they kept calm for the most part and they let everyone else put hateful messages towards Cali and put hateful messages towards homosexuals and that probably hurt Cali more than anything.

Both sides of this argument should be ashamed Cali's petition thread is ruined and filled with hate and the people who have signed (including me) will not even get a chance to see EA consider putting a homosexual couple into the base game because even though I hate to say this but Cali's petition,if it is deleted,will not be read.The idea will not be taken into consideration all because this clash of opinions and because Cali replied to the people who disagreed instead of ignoring them Cali is being called a troll and othe horrible names that they are not.

I want to say well done to Cali for getting this far with the petition,and I hope that this thread will not be deleted.
    I also hope that people will continue to keep the banner even if things do get nasty.
    Wow, thank you for saying this redribbon34. It truly means a lot to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I hope you feel better. To cheer you up, I recently heard of a really cool story about the two cranes and the tortoise. It's part of the Panchatantra tales - a series of ancient tales from India.
  • Options
    JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2013
    So all these tolerant people would happily let someone say "I don't hate black people but I hate how people are black and I don't want black people in my game" OR "I don't hate females but I hate that people are female and I don't want females in my game". Are you actually telling me that these people would be allowed to say these things, and you would simply say "that's your opinion and you're entitled to express that opinion smiley face #freedomofspeech." Are you seriously telling me that would be the case? Because it would NOT, people would NOT be allowed to say these things. So why on earth is it different for gays?

The difference is that being black or being a female is how a person is physically born. It doesn't entail any action by the person them self. Engaging in homosexuality is something performed by a person by choice and is not a physical attribute of a person. One can hate the act of homosexuality without hating the person who engages in it, but if one hates females or black people they are hating the person them self and not any action taken by the person.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've never played homosexuals in my game, and probably never will unless I have a little cheating going on in my Sims lives :twisted: , but it wouldn't change how I play the game. This addition to TS4 wouldn't change a thing for me, and I'll keep playing straight couples like I always do. I think it'll be pretty gnarly if EA added pre-mades to the game, just so the homosexuals who play TS4 don't feel ostracized or "the minority". Even though homosexuality statistically are a minority of people, that doesn't mean they should be treated like a minority. I'd respect EA a lot actually.

Now Cali_Pier92, as for your responses to other people against homosexuality on this thread, you kind of have a bad way with words :? . I get that your offended and all, and you don't understand why people aren't comfortable with homosexuals, but remember that times are changing. Back in the '80s people blamed gays for AIDS (ridiculous right?), and although some ignorant people still believe this, many people are MUCH more accepting. The thing is, people assume that being gay is a lifestyle, when it really isn't. You eat, breathe, sleep, the same as any other straight person does. But your attitude sucks. Your acting like a child putting his/her fingers in their ears and screaming "LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA!!!". You don't have accept their opinions but you have to RESPECT their opinions. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they hate you, it just mean they don't agree with you. But telling them that homosexuality should be shoved down their throats is just wrong. If someone is uncomfortable with gays, you don't put that person in a room full of gays having s.e.x. The person would freak! It's not respecting their comfort zone.

I have a feeling you used to be called Letter_M, am I correct? Well I remember you saying that the female area is disgusting, so imagine if you were put into a room of a bunch of women completely naked. Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable? It's the same thing. If you're indeed Letter_M than you've said being straight is gross...well HELLO some people might think the idea of two guys doing it is gross too, but that doesn't mean they hate gays...there just not comfortable with that. Just like you don't hate straight people, but don't want to see them doing their business. You can't expect straight people to love the idea of two guys doing it. Although there is a double-standard with girls, but I don't want to get into that.

And I'm saying all of this because I'm sure someone reported this thread already so it's bound to get deleted. But I wanted to give you a heads up, because sometimes you can come across to be very hypocritical.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    JodieH777 wrote:

The difference is that being black or being a female is how a person is physically born. It doesn't entail any action by the person them self. Engaging in homosexuality is something performed by a person by choice and is not a physical attribute of a person. One can hate the act of homosexuality without hating the person who engages in it, but if one hates females or black people they are hating the person them self and not any action taken by the person.
    I'm sorry, I had actually pretty much stopped reading this thread, but this post has forced my hand.

Sexual Orientation is NOT a choice.

You chose to start up your PC/laptop/phone/etc today. You chose to come to this site and log in. Tou chose to read and respond to this thread.
    I'll bet you chose what you were going to eat at some point in the last 24 hours. You might have chosen to turn on the TV or radio at some point.

But you did not, at any point in your life, choose to be straight. I know you didn't, because no one does. So why on Earth do you think gay people chose to be gay?

That's all, back to the shadows for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    I'm sorry, I had actually pretty much stopped reading this thread, but this post has forced my hand.

You chose to start up your PC/laptop/phone/etc today. You chose to come to this site and log in. To choose to read and respond to this thread.
    I'll bet you chose what you were going to eat at some point in the last 24 hours. You might have chosen to turn on the TV or radio at some point.

But you did not, at any point in your life, choose to be straight. I know you didn't, because no one does. So why on Earth do you think gay people chose to be gay?

I really don't want to take sides, but I have to let you know that you seem to be conflating sexual orientation with sexual behavior. It's important to remember that the concept of sexual orientation was invented in the nineteenth century. Before that time, people had different means to refer to same-sex behavior and limited homosexuality to really mean same-sex sexual behavior. From a pre-modern point-of-view, homosexuality would not be seen as an orientation or attraction, but as a behavior. If seen as a behavior, people have a choice to control their behavior, including engaging in intercourse - regardless if it's opposite sex or same sex. It's just that some societies have a pressure for opposite-sex arrangements by making same-sex arrangements taboo. Although homosexuals certainly can be celibate or marry the opposite-sex, and some really do, other homosexuals do not want a lifestyle of celibacy or opposite-sex arrangement. Besides, what's the use with pressuring homosexuals to live up to a life that they will not be happy with? For their own happiness, in a democratic and individualistic society, it is merely logical to give more personal freedom to homosexuals.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:

You chose to start up your PC/laptop/phone/etc today. You chose to come to this site and log in. To choose to read and respond to this thread.

I really don't want to take sides, but I have to let you know that you seem to be conflating sexual orientation with sexual behavior. It's important to remember that the concept of sexual orientation was invented in the nineteenth century. Before that time, people had different means to refer to same-sex behavior and limited homosexuality to really mean same-sex sexual behavior. From a pre-modern point-of-view, homosexuality would not be seen as an orientation or attraction, but as a behavior. If seen as a behavior, people have a choice to control their behavior, including engaging in intercourse - regardless if it's opposite sex or same sex. It's just that some societies have a pressure for opposite-sex arrangements by making same-sex arrangements taboo. Although homosexuals certainly can be celibate or marry the opposite-sex, and some really do, other homosexuals do not want a lifestyle of celibacy or opposite-sex arrangement. Besides, what's the use with pressuring homosexuals to live up to a life that they will not be happy with? For their own happiness, in a democratic and individualistic society, it is merely logical to give more personal freedom to homosexuals.
    I just mean the basic gay, straight, bi or asexual. It doesn't matter what name you give it, you do not have a choice whether or not you are sexually attracted to men, women, both or neither.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    JodieH777 wrote:

You chose to start up your PC/laptop/phone/etc today. You chose to come to this site and log in. Tou chose to read and respond to this thread.

If you reread my post you will see that I never said Sexual Orientation is a choice. I said committing a homosexual act is a choice. One has to do with your mind and the other with your actions. Just because you feel the desire to do something does not mean you have to go out and do it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    JodieH777 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    JodiH777 wrote:

If you reread my post you will see that I never said Sexual Orientation is a choice. I said committing a homosexual act is a choice. One has to do with your mind and the other with your actions. Just because you feel the desire to do something does not mean you have to go out and do it.
    Your post said "engaging in homosexuality", which is much different from engaging in homosexual acts.

Engaging in homosexuality suggest you are actually "being" homosexual. Engaging in a homosexual act suggest you are "doing something" homosexual.
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Cali, you do this every time you post a thread like this. YOU come in and start name calling anyone who dares to disagree with you. Why? Do you actually want a Same Sex Premade or are you just trolling?

Anyway, at this point, people aren't disagreeing with the topic, they are disagreeing with YOU and expressing dislike of YOU not the idea of a same sex couple in the game.

I am of the personal opinion that if this is actually going to happen via a petition :roll: , that someone else needs to do the petition, not you. You are a drama queen and are feeding off of this. If you actually want a Same Sex Pre-made couple so bad, let someone else take the reigns on this one.

Grow up, seriously.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    duplicate
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Your post said "engaging in homosexuality", which is much different from engaging in homosexual acts.

Engaging in homosexuality suggest you are actually "being" homosexual. Engaging in a homosexual act suggest you are "doing something" homosexual.

English lesson:

"engaging" = to bind (as oneself) to do something = an action word

"being" = The state or quality of having existence = a state of being, no action involved
  • Options
    LazyhappyLazyhappy Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Triple post e.e ah my gosh. Sorry XD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Avoiding all the drama, I never really use the pre-made families so I'm rather indifferent to this. I would sign the petition for it though because why not? :mrgreen:

It's not like anything premade could be more scandalous then the Sims I've made (not that i find homosexuality scandalous or anything.)...

For example, I always tend to make atleast one Sim playboys/girls who woohoo with anyone regardless of age or gender in a town... *cough*... I even have alot of mods that I'm not proud of >.>... *(edited - sorry xD didn't know it was against the rules to speak about "TP" :shock:..)
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2013
    Lazyhappy wrote:
    Avoiding all the drama, I never really use the pre-made families so I'm rather indifferent to this. I would sign the petition for it though because why not? :mrgreen:

It's not like anything premade could be more scandalous then the Sims I've made (not that i find homosexuality scandalous or anything.)...

For example, I always tend to make atleast one Sim playboys/girls who woohoo with anyone regardless of age or gender in a town... *cough*... I even have the teenage pregnancy mod installed :thumbup: and other things that I'm not proud of >.>...

It's against the rules to speak about TP, as it bumps the Teen rating to Mature. Sorry for being a nark :? :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top