Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    invis
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    invis
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    invis
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cali, this is maybe out of topic, but there is something that bugging my mind.

    Sometimes you act like a nice person, sometimes you act like a troll.

    I have noticed that in some threads in the past you were kind of bullying catlover, but then after that you became nice to him (which is good actually).

    In your original thread about the same request, I like your disclaimer.
    Disclaimer:
    If you don't want this or it is against your beliefs, please feel free to say "No thank you" but please don't go into any reasons why, as they aren't relevant. And on the other hand, please no one make a snarky post to anyone who doesn't want this.

    But then after sometimes you resort to insult people who disagree with you and making fun of them.

    It seems to me like you are two different people :? .
  • shawna95301shawna95301 Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2013
    i can admire anyone who wants to help the gay community become more excepted. but bashing people for not believing what you do is not the way to do it. to gain exceptance u have to give it. you should try understanding why ppl are they way they are instead of insulting people who are against you.
    i do not agree with every side of the argument but i do try and lisen and i hope they lisen to me and will sleep on what i have said. if not then i will move on and see whos mind i can change. and who knows maybe somewhere ill open my mind to a few things that i would not see before.
  • pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited June 2013
    WOW!! just WOW!! So much Hate going on in this thread! I think it is time to close this topic for good! EA should delete this thread and be done with it. This is the second one I saw and it is no better than the first one he made, and if they do, or shall I say when they will delete this, I do hope they Just stop all threads on this topic for good! if anymore threads are made about this topic I only see bad things being said in those also.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2013
    Narcissa wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Narcissa wrote:
    I don't understand why you think it's okay to insult people who don't "agree" with homosexuality. What gives you the right to decide what people can or can't be offended over? Even people who don't have religious reasons to be homophobic, they can still have an OPINION. It really disturbs me how much you want to force human beings to change their minds because YOU think it's right. I must have missed the anouncement that Cali_Pier92 became a god. . :shock:

    I must also be the only person who still believes in freedom of speech for everyone. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." And that includes racists, sexists, and even you.
    So tell me, if the president/prime minister/chancellor/freezer bunny announced tomorrow that they were re-imposing black segregation, banning all religions but Christianity, banning women from getting jobs and that only white males will be allowed to vote because the government "don't agree" with how these things are now, would you support them saying "well it's their opinion"?

    I knew I should have added that to my post. The obvious exceptions to my rule are politicians and other people who can directly change the lives of others. I don't care if my neighbor is a bigoted piece of trash. If a politician is, all I have to do is not vote for them and hope others do the same. :wink: I hope I don't sound too foolish saying this.
    Anyone can directly change the life of another person, not just politicians and the likes. In fact it's happened before:
    Person 1 bullies Person 2 for their sexual orientation. It gets so bad that Person 2 commits suicide. Now that bullying has directly changed and affected the lives of all of Person 2's family and friends. That in turn affects the lives of family friends. In some places, it could even affect an entire community. And with news coverage, it can even have an affect on people on the other side of the world.

    Nearly everything anyone does or says can have a direct affect on a lot of people.

    I was trying to stay out of this thread this time, which is why I'm going to stop with this:
    No one has the right to "hate" anyone based on any kind of discrimination - be it sexual orientation, skin colour, ethnicity, and, yes, even religious beliefs. And as long as people continue to make excuse for it such as "it's their opinion" or "they're allowed their own beliefs" it will always be a problem.

    The bible teaches peace and acceptance. Roman 13:9 "Though shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". The bible does not teach people to be ignorant or discriminatory.

    ETA: As a disclaimer, I am not in any way religious, that was just a response to the argument over religious beliefs and homosexuality.
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2013
    pam4402003 wrote:
    WOW!! just WOW!! So much Hate going on in this thread! I think it is time to close this topic for good! EA should delete this thread and be done with it. This is the second one I saw and it is no better than the first one he made, and if they do, or shall I say when they will delete this, I do hope they Just stop all threads on this topic for good! if anymore threads are made about this topic I only see bad things being said in those also.

    This is the 4th thread on this topic by the same person but considering this person has had 8 previous accounts banned i can't see them stopping anytime soon!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    pam4402003 wrote:
    WOW!! just WOW!! So much Hate going on in this thread! I think it is time to close this topic for good! EA should delete this thread and be done with it. This is the second one I saw and it is no better than the first one he made, and if they do, or shall I say when they will delete this, I do hope they Just stop all threads on this topic for good! if anymore threads are made about this topic I only see bad things being said in those also.

    Although I don't agree with the fighting in any of these type of threads, I don't think its right to say that nobody should ever post a same-sex kind of thread again and that EA should close all of them....everyone has a right to their own opinion, no matter what ... What if you posted a thread with something you believe in/live by and people told you that kind of talk wasn't allowed and that all those threads would be deleted? I wish these kinds of threads wouldn't get so much negative attention but its just one of those controversial topics that always will.

    What I do think they should do, is delete all the fighting posts and leave the ones where people said "signed" or "no thanks" - theres no need for posts about the bible, federal government, whether or not the OP has a mental illness, the posts where the OP wanted to force people to play with gay sims etc. Its those types of posts that completely derail the thread into an all out hate war.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited June 2013
    pam4402003 wrote:
    WOW!! just WOW!! So much Hate going on in this thread! I think it is time to close this topic for good! EA should delete this thread and be done with it. This is the second one I saw and it is no better than the first one he made, and if they do, or shall I say when they will delete this, I do hope they Just stop all threads on this topic for good! if anymore threads are made about this topic I only see bad things being said in those also.

    Although I don't agree with the fighting in any of these type of threads, I don't think its right to say that nobody should ever post a same-sex kind of thread again and that EA should close all of them....everyone has a right to their own opinion, no matter what ... What if you posted a thread with something you believe in/live by and people told you that kind of talk wasn't allowed and that all those threads would be deleted? I wish these kinds of threads wouldn't get so much negative attention but its just one of those controversial topics that always will.

    What I do think they should do, is delete all the fighting posts and leave the ones where people said "signed" or "no thanks" - theres no need for posts about the bible, federal government, whether or not the OP has a mental illness, the posts where the OP wanted to force people to play with gay sims etc. Its those types of posts that completely derail the thread into an all out hate war.

    Well I just don't think a topic like this and others like it will ever be one that won't involve Hate threads. especially when (who ever is the OP of them) can not except "No thank you this is not for me" response, and then goes on to repost to that person something kind of on the nasty side, and this is were it will all start.
    I have lived many years now (LOL) and I have never seen people really come together on topics like this. There will always be (on both sides ) those few that wear blinders and will never see the other side. instead they will always just bash each other with nasty words. nothing will change!
    Although I do agree with you, I wish people would be more tolerant of one and other and just have some respect for each others thoughts, but I just don't see it happening here on the EA forums.

  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    pam4402003 wrote:
    Well I just don't think a topic like this and others like it will ever be one that won't involve Hate threads. especially when (who ever is the OP of them) can not except "No thank you this is not for me" response, and then goes on to repost to that person something kind of on the nasty side, and this is were it will all start.
    I have lived many years now (LOL) and I have never seen people really come together on topics like this. There will always be (on both sides ) those few that wear blinders and will never see the other side. instead they will always just bash each other with nasty words. nothing will change!
    Although I do agree with you, I wish people would be more tolerant of one and other and just have some respect for each others thoughts, but I just don't see it happening here on the EA forums.

    No, I definitely hear what you are saying. Its a tough topic. I also wish people would be more tolerant. Theres so many idea threads that I have seen that I would actually want in the game, but because people cannot play nice in those threads, they get deleted and then, EA (probably) doesn't add it because of how controversial it is. Sad, really. But like you said, its always been that way here and the only person who can really do anything about it are the guru's themselves. A lot of people here think they can patrol the forums, and think threatening to report everyone and screaming and yelling and being as nasty as they possibly can at everyone who doesn't agree (just the other day I saw someone compare the other person to an aborted fetus, can't remember which thread that was on though) will make them change their minds, but its that behavior that in turn runs the thread thin really fast.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited June 2013
    Time for two quotes here! "I might not like what your say. But I will defend to the death your right to say it!" and also

    "Religion is the opiate of the people"


    6adMCGP.gif
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm not going to post again on this thread, it will be deleted soon anyway. I am not going to make a new topic on the same subject, either. Well done, you have won. The people posting in this thread looking for negative reactions who were posting comments to get this deleted can sit back smugly- you have your way. There will be none of the filthy sinning sole-less homosexuals included by default in the game, and you won't have to read this topic again.

    But I am going to say one last thing: Stop calling me intolerant or that I should accept their opinions. Yes, they have a "right" (for want of a better word) to state that they don't agree with homosexuality or that they don't want it in the game. It may upset me but I can't stop them, and I can't control their opinions. But under NO circumstances am I going to simply say "that's your opinion and I accept it." There is NO law that says I must accept their opinion, just as they CHOOSE to not accept gays. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if they are following a religion that tells them homosexuality is wrong, I don't care whether it's the way they were brought up. I don't care if parents would be outraged because of their children being subjected to homosexuals. I don't care. I do not simply think that's their opinion and they are entitled to it, because they are NOT entitled to that opinion. And yes I do think that people against homosexuality should be subjected to it, and that it should be forced on them. I hope they have a huge billboard advertising rainbow oreos or gay marriage passing outside their houses. That's MY opinion, and that's MY right to hold that opinion.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    All I can say is hang in there Cali. I will keep the sig and I really do hope they make the same sex premade couple in sims 4 that we all want.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited June 2013
    pam4402003 wrote:
    Well I just don't think a topic like this and others like it will ever be one that won't involve Hate threads. especially when (who ever is the OP of them) can not except "No thank you this is not for me" response, and then goes on to repost to that person something kind of on the nasty side, and this is were it will all start.
    I have lived many years now (LOL) and I have never seen people really come together on topics like this. There will always be (on both sides ) those few that wear blinders and will never see the other side. instead they will always just bash each other with nasty words. nothing will change!
    Although I do agree with you, I wish people would be more tolerant of one and other and just have some respect for each others thoughts, but I just don't see it happening here on the EA forums.

    No, I definitely hear what you are saying. Its a tough topic. I also wish people would be more tolerant. Theres so many idea threads that I have seen that I would actually want in the game, but because people cannot play nice in those threads, they get deleted and then, EA (probably) doesn't add it because of how controversial it is. Sad, really. But like you said, its always been that way here and the only person who can really do anything about it are the guru's themselves. A lot of people here think they can patrol the forums, and think threatening to report everyone and screaming and yelling and being as nasty as they possibly can at everyone who doesn't agree (just the other day I saw someone compare the other person to an aborted fetus, can't remember which thread that was on though) will make them change their minds, but its that behavior that in turn runs the thread thin really fast.

    wow "aborted fetus"really??? Now that is harsh! that sounds as though a pretty young person said that, and that is part of the problem to. They (not all young but some)are just to young to understand and have compassion for others thoughts.If everyone could understand that each brain in all individuals are unique and have it's own thought process and that is what makes us all so different, they would soon learn that this is what makes the world go-round. It is ok to disagree and agree people just have to learn how to except their answer.
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    1
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    All I can say is hang in there Cali. I will keep the sig and I really do hope we all get the same sex premade couple in sims 4 that we all want.
    Thank you for all your support Brooke. I really appreciate it. <3:D
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    invis
  • little_monkey7little_monkey7 Posts: 28
    edited June 2013
    Yes! Great idea! :-)
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm gay so I'll sign it. :D
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    I repeat, I repeat, the only so-called "Red-Tape" are the fools, who believe that being gay is against whatever holy book they believe in.

    The name calling really doesn't help any one's case. In fact I find being called a fool reason enough to vote against this thread.


    Cinebar you are trying to get this thread deleted so please stop. I don't care whether someone is against this for religious, political, moral, financial or any other reason I just don't care.

    Obviously this one doesn't care about anybody but himself!


    You're right, I have no consideration for people who are against same-sex relationships. Their opinions mean NOTHING to me. I don't care if they are offended, I don't care if they boycott the game. I don't care.

    Maybe their opinion doesn't mean anything to you, but hopefully it does to EA. I for one think that EA has been generous to grant the ability for players to have gay couples in their game if they so desire, since it being that the gays population is such a small portion of the entire population. I think you are really pushing your luck in trying to press them for more, you are only going to cause arguments and disruption, but it seems that's what you really want to do anyway.


    What rational person in this day and age can say they don't "agree" with homosexuality? Who gives a flying what if they agree with it or not, there's nothing to agree with. There's nothing to be offended over.

    There we go with the name calling again, but hopefully EA cares about all our opinions and not just yours, because I personally will refuse to buy Sims 4 if they give into your demands. After all, I have to stand up for what I believe in too and I am not going to compromise my beliefs for a game.


    This should be a very simple thread. Sign it if you would like same-sex couples to appear in the game. Don't sign it if you don't want it. Leave an opinion if you so desire. But stop bullying each other. It's so distasteful.

    It is never that simple, because if you don't sign it and you are against it your opinion will never be heard, and if state something against it you are considered a bully whether you were nice about it or not.


    I don't care if parents would be outraged because of their children being subjected to homosexuals. I don't care. I do not simply think that's their opinion and they are entitled to it, because they are NOT entitled to that opinion. And yes I do think that people against homosexuality should be subjected to it, and that it should be forced on them. I hope they have a huge billboard advertising rainbow oreos or gay marriage passing outside their houses. That's MY opinion, and that's MY right to hold that opinion.

    Wow! There is an awful lot of hate in this post! This show just what type of person the op is.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh deary me, this thread is a mess.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Summersethomes5Summersethomes5 Posts: 450 Member
    edited June 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    Oh deary me, this thread is a mess.

    agreed, it is one hot mess!
  • pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited June 2013
    OH MY Cali!
    Your last post shows me you have alot of hate in your heart. I do feel sorry for you,for that. I do hope you can open your heart just a little bit and let a little sunshine in.
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2013
    So all these tolerant people would happily let someone say "I don't hate black people but I hate how people are black and I don't want black people in my game" OR "I don't hate females but I hate that people are female and I don't want females in my game". Are you actually telling me that these people would be allowed to say these things, and you would simply say "that's your opinion and you're entitled to express that opinion smiley face #freedomofspeech." Are you seriously telling me that would be the case? Because it would NOT, people would NOT be allowed to say these things. So why on earth is it different for gays?

    Would a woman or black person countering one of the above arguments be called "closed minded" and "intolerant" and "hateful" and a "bully"?

    Don't even dare to say this would be the case because you know for a fact that it would not.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top