Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ATTN SimGurus: Please fix Regency Arcade not showing as owned with Go All in Compilation

Okay, I know there are issues with the store. I've had to do a clean install this last month because of "store issues" but why when the "Go All In Compilation" is purchased does the Regency Arcade venue NOT show as purchased?

Separation is key as it seems that the "lovely" sims 3 system is not liking when there is too many store items. The only thing to do is pare down, yet that is one of the main things that I wanted from the compilation and alas, I cannot download this separately. Pretty much all else can be downloaded separately from the compilations but not the venue. Why? Can you please fix this?

Yeah, and I've lost my purple eggplants and lemon trees and not sure how to get them back short of doing another clean folder install which that prospect has me in tears. :(:cry:

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi Jenn, hope you are well - we've missed you in the DD thread :(

Anyway, some basic observations - you've probably gone through all this already but just in case, and it never hurts to check the obvious :D

The venue should be automatically downloaded and installed when you install the compilation package file?

This venue is one that only shows up with a number in the community lots library so it is easy to miss. crinrict's lot help page lists it as number '3'.

Of course, if it isn't installing properly as part of the compilation I don't know how you would get it installed individually unless you have saved a customised version to your library, or can download one from the Exchange, or some other sharing location ...

• Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ajaxpost, yeah, spent more than 4 hours on the phone with customer service dealing with this one issue. The compilation installs as an object (not sure why). However, it does not show up in the store that I own the arcade, which is odd. A bit reason I had to do the "clean install" is because this item would not show up in my games at all (even doing a new ccmerged file and anything and everything under the sun). The only way we got it to show up was to do a clean folder install.

Alas, other items that are part of the compilation you can download individually, but you cannot with the Regency Arcade. The store indicates that I do not own it. :cry: (yet I do via the Compilation).

I'm now also getting the store items vanishing effect once again and I'm just a wee bit frustrated. I've now lost the purple eggplants and lemon trees from all games new and old, even with mods out and all cache files cleared. It harkens back to the issue that I had with the Regency Arcade. :cry:

I'm just hoping the SimGuru's can see this and maybe fix it so I have the alternative to just add the venue if I so choose as there seems to be a limit on how much store stuff you can have. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi Jenn. Have you tried the in game Downloads Dashboard. Is is really annoying for me because it insists on breaking all of the packages out into individual items. It might do this with the venue and you can click on the install now button that appears beside each individual item and it installs it for you.

I hope it works for you.
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    I also got the "Go All In Compilation" and when I go to the compilation in the store and then click on each set within it, I have the 'buy now' button. :roll: I know what you are speaking of is not quite the same (except I cannot download ANY of the subsets from the store individually), but I really do not understand why it is SO HARD for them to allow the sets within a larger compilation to show as being owned in the store. :shock:

It would be nice to KNOW you own something so you accidentally buy it AGAIN! :roll: It makes us have to be very careful before we click those buttons.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    I also got the "Go All In Compilation" and when I go to the compilation in the store and then click on each set within it, I have the 'buy now' button. :roll: I know what you are speaking of is not quite the same (except I cannot download ANY of the subsets from the store individually), but I really do not understand why it is SO HARD for them to allow the sets within a larger compilation to show as being owned in the store. :shock:

It would be nice to KNOW you own something so you accidentally buy it AGAIN! :roll: It makes us have to be very careful before we click those buttons.

This is why I've refused to buy any compilation for any reason for almost 2 years now. You also have to check each item that comes up on DD. the items in the Romanza Set also show as not owned.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can kinda understand other sets in a compilation but this isn't really a set, it's pretty much an item. Venues in other compilations or worlds show up as being "owned" alas not so for the "Go All In Compilation". I'm really hoping the store team can fix this one issues. Heck since a girl is dreaming, maybe they can fix the whole issues of sets showing up as owned when you buy the compilation. Not sure why they cannot fix it in their databases...for either one.
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem and when I install builds that use elements of the Regency Arcade it always replaces all of those objects with proxies. The regency is showing as installed as "3" under lots and also as the regency arcade under objects in my launcher. So odd.
    And annoying.
    I nearly bought the venue again thinking I did not own it already, but yes, I bought the go all in comp and could never find the arcade so forgot all about it!
  • Options
    CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello becomingjenn, :)

I can totally understand how you are feeling about this issue, because I am dealing with a similar problem. I have bought the March 2013 Compilation, which includes the Live, Laugh, Love Set and Le Cinema Plumbob venue. So I own the venue through the compilation, but when I try to download it, the website is telling me, that I do not own this venue. Thus beeing forced to install the whole compilation is a serious problem for me, because I have to pick and choose, which Store content I want to use in my game in regard to my system's (XP 32bit) limitation of RAM. I had asked Simguru Russkii about it in the technical forum and she answered that she would pass it over to the Store Team.

Meanwhile I found out that all subsets I have bought in a compilation are not marked as owned. The single items do, but not the sets. I am quite disappointed about this fact and I am beginning to lose the faith, that the issue will ever be fixed. I appreciate the efforts and the creativity of the Store Team to give us such wonderful stuff to enhance our gameplay. Maybe it is technically too complicated or too much time consuming to fix this; I would be glad if a Simguru could give us some info about it. Until then I sadly won't buy a Compilation again. :(

Have a nice day! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seems like I'm not the only person having issues. Please SimGuru's find a fix. Because I had the same issues as KarilynMonroe2 and Cherrysette. I really like all the nice stuff you bring out, but I'm getting worn out with the issues in the game I'm having and pretty much mostly related to store content.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sim Guru's can you help please. I'm frustrated right now...more than a little.