Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3 Upcoming Worlds !! Mycelium Paradise, Salisbury, and Cook Island!!

Hello, CAW forumers!! I am currently working on 3 worlds that I cannot wait to finally put my sims in them :lol:

Ok, so here are the 3 worlds...

Salisbury, Illinios

This world is my world i have been working on most recently, It is inspired by my hometown Salisbury. I wanted to make this world because I just love the feel of that small town. It will fit best with supernatural and seasons since it has that mysterious feel and with all the forests it looks beautiful in the fall :-)
to see what this town looks like (in real life) got to this link https://maps.google.com/maps?safe=off&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=764&q=Salisbury illinios&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

Backstory...

Welcome to Salisbury Illinios. Even though this town may seen like its a crumb on the map, its historic "charm" will surely attract you. Even though this town was a tourist trap because it is right along the lincon trail, this town became run down once people started to stop caring about history! People say this town is somehow "cursed" because alot of strange happenings, but I just say its those foolish O'Conners who own that shop full os "mysteries" and how they say that everything in salisbury is destined to be related to a mystery or paranormal happenings just because this towns history is seeming to be "dissapearing" but I just think people should start caring about this town more!!

I hope you come and visit the small town of Salisbury, Illinios - Famous Artist and long-term resident of this town George Collins

In this world, i decided there are two sides..
1)The Believers - The Believers are most of the population in this, mostly because the mayors of the town are the ones who mostly run it. They believe that the town has its secrets, and alot of them.

2)The Skeptics- The Skeptics are a small amount of the residents who know everything the mayors say isn't real and plan on proving it. The leaders of the Skeptics are George Collins and his Wife Winnie Collins.

The Two Sides main "headquarters' or meeting places are the two churches

Cook Island

This world is a medieval themed island, that I named after my family. It is a small island with everything you need in world. It has 3 main areas 1. Downtown/Castle area 2.Forest/Elven/lake area and 3.Clifftop/Dragon area
this world will be completed shortly after i get Dragon Valley
Description (which gives an explanation for smartphones, modernclothes, etc)

Welcome! Welcome! To Cook Island! Even thiugh we are a small Island Kingdom we have all we can need Agriculture, Art, Fishing, Entertainment, Scenery, Even well something I guess we'll call Technology. For a Kingdom during this period of Dark Ages, we are pretty advanced. Scientists and Artists are coming up with magical entertainment devices that we call smartphones, strange new ways to dress to work, and even advanced architecture which our family is great at. But be cautious because a new threat of dragons are coming from the clifftops, DRAGONS! But don't worry Scientists and Wizards have enhanced their DNA to keep them in hopefully baby form, so comepletley harmles... completley. -Your Good Friends and Rulers of this Land, John and Peggy Cook

And Finally...

Mycelium Paradise

This world I have been working on for awhile and I haven't really been working on it much because i'm waiting for DV and IP to come out..
Backstory

Long Ago when Pirates Castaway-ed in the newly recovered Lagoon, they explored until they found a flat valley, which they started a civilization, But they faced many challenges. Legend has it that back then the Island was full of magic and strange things, and these things are strangely returning.

Currently this Island past is coming back, and it is affecting mostly everything, even the islands size is returning back to when it was discovered. It has also brought new people, curious of the new mysteries.

Logo

Mycelium2maybe_zps0ea09918.png

Areas

1. Old Town - the area from the original Mycelium, except now with more buildings.
2. New Town - A new Tourist spot, that is filled with unique architecture.
3. Mountains - Also part of the original, except now they have more trees, hidden lots, etc.
4. Pirate Lagoon - This area is where the founders crashed, and this area is also going to be centered around the Island Paradise expansion.

Landmarks

Another new thing I am adding are various notable places
1.Shipwreck - The founders boat is still there
2.Lake Mycelium - The most notable feature, a giant freshwater lake that Old Town is next to.
3.Dirt Beaches - In the New Town area, which is newest recovered area, sediment from the Mountains washed into the oceans covering the sand.
4.Strange Ruins - In various places you can find ruins of the ancient palaces the rich pirates left behind, residents have also said that there are high chances of encountering strange winged reptiles which is what witnesses say...

Extra Info
1. Since it is too complicated for me to make families, I will upload some to the exchange and say what lot they go in :3
2.This Island will have premade resorts
3. I do know how to make townies (probably so you might see some custom townies)
4. I am still working on this and might release more picture, besides the logo :3

So this world will be focused around Tourism and Island Paradise/Seasons
To see some pics of my progress so far in this world (I still need to make some more detailed terrain paints, lots, etc..) go to this link http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=450381

And that is it for right now!!
Please comment on what you think!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps89d0df1a.png

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

They sound wonderful! I can understand waiting for the EPs and store world, they go with your themes and are almost released.

Can't wait to see pictures. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jacob112233Jacob112233 Posts: 259 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello!, this is just a little report on how my worlds are going

Salisbury- I am still trying my best to get the road/lot positions to look like the real life town
    I'm having trouble with the hill that has the small cottage and with the lake next to it
    And I need help with making the sea and sky the same as moonlight falls, please tell me how!

Cook Island- I am experimenting with terrain paints
    I am waiting for Dragon Valley
    WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS!?!?!?!

Mycelium Paradise- Not much with this world
    I am just looking throughout the world for anything that looks to weird
    Im also going to try to make terrain paints seem more real
    And I am waiting for Dragon Valley and Island Paradise :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps89d0df1a.png
  • Options
    lilgalcherellelilgalcherelle Posts: 354 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow you must be working so hard! I can't wait to see them all when they're finished! I'll bookmark & keep checking in on your progress.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow you must be working so hard! I can't wait to see them all when they're finished! I'll bookmark & keep checking in on your progress.

Thanks!

Ohmigosh!! To pass time, here is a story i found from a DV forum that explains why mostly all elves in DV are blue!! (its awsome)
    amjoie wrote:
    I know the mystery of why the elves are blue, and the real reason they are so against the dragons. Behold, the tale:

The old purple dragon, Kelvredag, was ill. So very ill. But the treasure he had guarded so long could not be neglected. He sniffled and tried to clear his stuffy head by shaking it, his eyes too bleary to see much further than the shadow cast by his den. He closed his eyes, hoping darkness would help the throbbing in his head.

So Kelvredag missed seeing the young elf sneaking up to catch just a glimpse of the dragon's treasure. Young Elf (name withheld to protect the guilty) knew better than to approach a dragon. His parents had warned him, sternly. But the young do not always do as they are told. So Young Elf inched ever closer, to spy at the greatest treasure ever gathered in Dragon Valley.

Just then, the old dragon sneezed. And that made his head hurt even more. In irritation, Kelvredag muttered "Oh, curses! Curse them all!" He was speaking of the nasty little dragon germs that made him feel so ill. Hanging his head, he repented for losing his temper. Purple dragons are very social, after all. They bear no malice. And Kelvredag's gentle heart felt bad even for cursing germs. He rested his head on a rock, and tried thinking of his bright shiny gems, to make himself feel better.

He never saw the shocked and horrified Young Elf, rooted to the spot, after being blasted by dragon breath. Poor Young Elf. He was singed from head to foot, and shaking so hard that it took him a good five minutes to recover enough to turn and run for home as fast as his young legs could carry him.

Once home, Young Elf wasted no time confessing his grievous error to his Father. His Father blanched upon hearing the tale, and questioned his young son most carefully, asking exactly what happened, down to the last word the dragon uttered. Of course Young Elf had to repeat the dragon's curse, word for horrifying word. Because Young Elf believed that HE was the one being cursed, and so thought that Kelvredag had also cursed ALL ELVES.

His Father called an immediate Council Meeting, since everyone knows that a dragon's curse is a very serious thing. The Council had already met for three days, trying to figure out what form the curse would take, and how they could combat it. It was a contentious meeting. And after three days they were no closer to a consensus than the day the Council was convened.

It was at that moment that the frantic knocking on the great Council door echoed throughout the hall, silencing the speaker. As the door creaked open, a frail lady stumbled into the room. Just before fainting, she managed to say, "They'll all ill unto death. The whole village."

The Council members were stunned. A plague! The dragon's curse had brought a plague! They tried everything they knew to combat it. But, alas, they worked against a dragon's curse, not against a simple illness. So all their powers were for naught.

The plague spread throughout the land. Poor ill Elves dropped where they lay, too weak to do much other than suffer, and barely survive.

In time, the plague lifted, and Elves recovered. Except, and this is a HUGE except, their Elfin powers were gone. Vanished as if they never were.

Elves, one and all, were saddened with an anguish so deep that it made them feel bluer than blue. And since what Elves are on the inside is reflected on the outside, their very skin appeared blue. Some deeper shades of blue than others, because some grieved the loss of their powers more and with deeper anguish.

Then one Elf raised his eyes to the sky and vowed revenge for the dragon's curse, in a loud voice. The battle cry of anguished Elves thundered. And the war between the Elves and the dragons began.

As fate would have it, the first dragon contingent to be attacked was a company of red dragons. You can imagine what happened. Yes, fire rained on the Elves, destroying all in its wake. As with most wars, those fighting had no real idea of the facts, but on both sides, valiant foes fought with all their might. And the horror continued until, like all wars, it ended with both sides having lost much and neither side winning.

In hindsight, things are often more clear than in the midst of battle. And it was fortunate that Young Elf found an injured baby dragon and took pity on it. It was a lovely green baby dragon, and as thank you for Young Elf's tending, it revived a dead berry bush, and coerced it into bearing fruit, so Young Elf could eat the sweet berries and feel a little happier.

It was in the middle of the camaraderie between Young Elf and his green friend that the full story of "The Day of the Curse" was told in hushed tones. The baby green dragon blinked. And then blinked again. He finally told Young Elf that it would have been impossible for a purple dragon to curse an Elf, because they would repent any curse the second it was uttered, breaking it entirely. But Young Elf sadly replied that indeed all Elves had been cursed with a great plague and turned blue into the bargain.

The green baby dragon went home as fast as his small wings could carry him, and related the entire tale to all who would listen. The dragons hearing him immediately called for Kelvredag and heard his side of the tale. Then, after much confusion and many loud voices, it was decided the dragon's needed to talk face to face with the Elves. And Kelvredag should be the spokesperson.

But the Elves would not give audience to the dragons. The wounds of war were still too fresh. So Kelvredag went to the other citizens of the Dragon Valley, and told their sad, sad tale of misunderstanding and woe.

The non-Elven citizens and the dragons agreed that the best thing to do was discover a way to keep dragons always baby-like, and as such non-threatening, hoping that in time the pain and fear of dragons would lessen so that dragons and Elves could once again live in peace.

So measures were taken. The new baby-like dragons were given a new name: Simverns. The Simverns were each assigned a peace-keeping task, according to their color, which was hoped would make them beloved of all.

But the older dragons, mistrusting the Elves from many eons of contention, stood firm on one type of Simvern being able to defend itself in combat, lest all dragons be destroyed. And so, red dragons retained their fire, and their ability to destroy all and sundry.

And so it is, that even today, the people of the valley are divided. Some have wholeheartedly accepted Simverns, bonding strongly with them and living in absolute trust with them.

But, also in the valley are those with no trust. Those who will not believe the innocence of the old dragon, and those who refuse to believe a simple dragon flu plague is responsible for the loss of Elfin powers. And so the sadness continues to this day, and Elves in Dragon Valley remain blue.

I found it here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/315/670030.page#10817885
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    [Drumroleplease!!!] Another Daily Report!! :lol:

Salisbury- I have put down more lots in CAW
    I finished with the hill and big lake just need to add some terrains and trees around it and it should be ready
    Added some hills in the background and also some cornfields
    Still Haven't taken it into EIG :oops: :XD:

Cook Island- Finished experimenting with terrain paints (although i don't really like the one up in the clifftop area :hunf:
    Still wondering...
    ...WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS!!! :lol:

Mycelium Paradise- Still am waiting for Island Paradise and Dragon Valley
    Coming up with a ton of ideas Lightbulb x1000 :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion:

You should put a pic of the world instead of a generic PNG logo. People will be able to see what they are downloading. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Docsprock wrote:
    Just a suggestion:

You should put a pic of the world instead of a generic PNG logo. People will be able to see what they are downloading. ;)

Kk, I have ideas :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've been taking Salisbury into EIG and I have made 12 lots so far,
    Does anyone know how to post pics on the forums?
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2013

Go to an image hosting site, such as photobucket, and upload them there. Then take the IMG code and paste it onto the forums. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TRachet wrote:

Go to an image hosting site, such as photobucket, and upload them there. Then take the IMG code and paste it onto the forums. Good luck!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Hello!! I have 4 pictures of Salisbury + Info about them :D
    (but remember it is still in early-development)

screenshot_original.jpg

This is a picture of the city hall/military/police for salisbury :3 It also has a back area where I will but archery once Dragon Valley Comes out

screenshot_original.jpg

This house is home to leader of the skeptics/artist George Collins, Residents think its somewhat hidden because of their paranoia towards the mayor, but really they just like plants, but don't really trim them

screenshot_original.jpg

Don't be fooled by this house, behind it is a huge Garden, The resident who owns this house is Martha Kruger...

screenshot_original.jpg

In this image it shows the criminal hideout,junkyard, and a little bit of the consignment store

(P.S. I would upload more pics, just my launcher always saves half the pictures I take :? )
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay, I haven't posted on this for awhile because I took a break from caw
    But since I got dragon valley I have worked a little on Salisbury and cook island
    Salisbury- I turned the morning star into a hangout + bistro rabbit hole
    I also built 2 houses a trailer and an old styled house in the center of town

Cook Island-I have built mostly community lots but I also have built two houses
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Salisbury Progress Pics!!!

screenshot_original.jpg
    A small Industrial home

screenshot_original.jpg
    The Local Bar in the Center of Town called "Last Chance Saloon"

screenshot_original.jpg
    Not the best pic but this is the view from the highway(not completed) through the center of town

screenshot_original.jpg
    A small shack along the highway

screenshot_original.jpg
    This is one of my favorite locations which is the morning star cafe (bistro location)

screenshot_original.jpg
    An overview of the small progress i have so far