Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plus-Sized Modelling & CAS Contest *CLOSED*

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your "out of work" tooth fairy now day care centre owner fairy Dina is very nice ! @ gaa17 :) It is a great story presentation of her! Great photos and great way you showed her wearing her various types of clotheswear doing activities in her sim life. Great first photo of her with the teeth model next to her! It suits her well, and her official formal wear tooth fairy outfit looks very nice. All of her outfits look very nice and great shades of blue that you used for them. It looks good how you have Dina in front of the snow wall background to display her outerwear, although as you explained she doesn't need to wear it in Sunlit Tides. Great captions to accompany each of the photos. Very nice setting up of each of the scenes of the photos. Great choice of her surname! Her traits suit her well. She is a very nice fairy sim!
  • gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your "out of work" tooth fairy now day care centre owner fairy Dina is very nice ! @ gaa17 :) It is a great story presentation of her! Great photos and great way you showed her wearing her various types of clotheswear doing activities in her sim life. Great first photo of her with the teeth model next to her! It suits her well, and her official formal wear tooth fairy outfit looks very nice. All of her outfits look very nice and great shades of blue that you used for them. It looks good how you have Dina in front of the snow wall background to display her outerwear, although as you explained she doesn't need to wear it in Sunlit Tides. Great captions to accompany each of the photos. Very nice setting up of each of the scenes of the photos. Great choice of her surname! Her traits suit her well. She is a very nice fairy sim!

Thanks so much for the feedback. My CAS skills are improving, and I'm finding out more about what I like best about the competitions--the character story. Plus apparently, I have a great love of blue for a lot of my characters lol.
  • Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited June 2013
    Again, YAY! More entries. :mrgreen: All caught on rec's to here. I hope there are a few more entries before deadline. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great entries, guys! I'll update the list tomorrow :D

SikSouthernTink, were you planning to add some in-game shots also?

xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Killergirl1223Killergirl1223 Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2013
    This is so nice!!! I love it :)
  • Imeffinawesome92Imeffinawesome92 Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited June 2013
    Fixed my entry:)
    edited June 2013
    Great creating of Chelsea @ SikSouthernTink :) She is a nice sim. The lavender and purple shades of colour that you used for her everyday outfit dress and bracelet look nice and go well with her wings. The top and slacks outfit looks very nice how you have coloured the top with the purple shade and she is wearing the white slacks. It looks great.
    Chelsea is a nice fairy!
  • minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have finished my final entry. It's such a pleasure to see such amazingly gorgeous creations celebrating the fact that in real life as well as in the simulated world we all adore, beauty comes in all sizes. I may put up another model. I have a body positive coloring book called "Fat Ladies in Space." Yes, my inner child runs my life! :wink: I am kind of a nutso perfectionist; so, maybe a week is too little time. In any case, I heart this contest so hard. It's been a great way to introduce myself to the simming community. You're all so nice. In other words, win or lose, I had a blast and am lucky that I happened upon this thread. Besos!
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for your entries, Imeffinawesome92, HadesDragoness, and gaa17!

minimomemu wrote:
    Ugh! I am having the hardest time actually posting my finalized entry. Every time I attempt to post my images, they refuse to actually show up. It hasn't worked so far in Chrome nor Explorer. Grrrr. So frustrating. Hopefully, I'll be able to have my final pictures of Sophia up in time.

Oh, I'm sorry. Have you had problems before? Perhaps they'd show up for us though not for you. Have you tried clearing your cache, all the usual stuff?

I just wanted to let you know that I added a link to more pictures of my sim (Laylah) on page 33 :-)

Oh, great - thank you!

minimomemu wrote:
    I have finished my final entry. It's such a pleasure to see such amazingly gorgeous creations celebrating the fact that in real life as well as in the simulated world we all adore, beauty comes in all sizes. I may put up another model. I have a body positive coloring book called "Fat Ladies in Space." Yes, my inner child runs my life! :wink: I am kind of a nutso perfectionist; so, maybe a week is too little time. In any case, I heart this contest so hard. It's been a great way to introduce myself to the simming community. You're all so nice. In other words, win or lose, I had a blast and am lucky that I happened upon this thread. Besos!

What lovely comments! I'm so pleased this contest has spoken to you. Haha, your colour book sounds wonderful!! Sophie is beautiful and I'd love to see another model from you of course.

Just a friendly reminder that your entry now exceeds the allowed number of photos for this thread (which is 6): http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/678946.page#10828493
    GreenCats wrote:
    Photo Limits: Please post no more than six photos in this thread, sized no wider than 640. If you have more you would like to be judged, you may link to a separate thread, which should contain no more than sixteen.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2013
    Whoops, sorry. It's all fixed now. Thanks!
    edited June 2013
    minimomemu wrote:
    Whoops, sorry. It's all fixed now. Thanks!

Thank you :D
  • Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited June 2013
    Checking in! Wow I am AMAZED at all the wonderful entries :D

edit: going through leaving rec's
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've finished exams, have installed University Life, and am now going to work on an entry :D Hopefully I'll get it done today.
  • wealthywealthy Posts: 166 New Member
    edited June 2013
    User Name: Wealthy
    Sim's Name: Danie Silverstone
    Traits: Bookworm, Loves the heat, Daredevil, Loves the outdoors, inappropriate
    Biography: Danie has a diverse personality! But all her traits compliment each other! Her most favorite activity to do is lay at the beach reading a book and the daredevil part is she stays out in the sun until she comes close to combustion:O Purple is her signature color, and has to show it off by dying her hair purple; she doesn't care if the stares are negative or positive she likes the attention!
    Link to Pictures : http://www.flickr.com/photos/97869470@N06/sets/72157634257434829/
    I don't know how to put pictures in a post so the link has everything you need!:)
    Thank you for the opportunity!
    edited June 2013
    Danie is a nice sim @ wealthy :) It looks good the way you have coloured her hair her favourite colour which is purple. Great photos that you have taken of her. She looks as if she is enjoying riding her motor bike and displaying her daredevil trait. Nice photos of her enjoying her sim life doing things outdoors. Great setting up of the library area so that she can rest in the rocking chair and enjoy reading a book with the lamp nearby.
    Great creating of Danie!
  • SprinterFlashSprinterFlash Posts: 387 Member
    edited June 2013
    User Name: SprinterFlash
    Sim's Name: Mona Mayfield
    Traits: Frugal, Charismatic, Party Animal, Diva, Loves the Heat
    Biography: Mona never stressed over being skinny, in fact, she never worried about her size. After all, her mother once told her, "Flaunt what you have and don't look back." Ever since her mother has told her that, Mona has taken that to heart. Mona has been flaunting her body by bargaining the prices on designer clothes (thus she has the Frugal trait), such as Diesel,and wearing them all around town while "strutting her stuff" (since she has the Diva trait). Mona is proud to be a plus size, and she won't let anyone change it.
    Download Link [Optional]: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7410970
    Further Download Links (for recolours etc.) [Optional]: Not Available
    CC Credits (for skin, eyes, & CAP) [Only If Used]: Not Available
    Link to Pictures [Optional]: Not Available
    Pictures:
    Mona's Everyday Wear:

n18aiv.jpg

Mona's Formal Wear:

iladtw.jpg

Mona's Athletic Wear:

s63l15.jpg

Mona's Swim Wear:

mrpkex.jpg

Mona's Sleep Wear:

1zq97r4.jpg
  • SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited June 2013
    My pose player is broken. >.< Which is why I didn't take very good pictures.

I also took my folder out to update >.<
    edited June 2013
    Mona is a lovely sim @ SprinterFlash :) Nice patterns and shades of colours that you used for her outfits. It looks great the way you have used the pattern on her athletic wear and then have her laying down on the patterned colourful shape with the same pattern. It looks very effective. Great way you have coloured the sofa seating behind her in the everyday and formal wear styles which blends with and complements her and the outfits she is wearing.
    She is a great sim!
  • Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just had to pop in and say I'm current with rec's again! Nice job on all the entries so far. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • SybileSybile Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi GreenCats! Great choice for a contest :-) . You had my attention right from the start but I've been so busy in the last weeks I had to delay my entry. Anyway, here it is:

User Name: Sybile
    Sim's Name: Violet Berry
    Traits: Great Kisser, Dramatic, Star Quality, Cat Person, Lucky.
    Biography: Violet Berry always knew what she wanted in life, to be a famous movie star! Born in a small rural town, as a single daughter of a hardworking farmer couple, she grew up feeling out of place and dreaming of fame and glory. She left to the big city as soon as she became an independent young adult determined to follow the path that would lead her to stardom!
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7427237
    CC Credits (for skin, eyes, & CAP) [Only If Used]: no CC
    Link to Pictures:http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/Sybile8/slideshow/Violet%20Berry
    Pictures:

Violet14_zps9e31ae6b.jpg

Violet4_zps6d69675c.jpg

Violoet2_zpse5dce3e1.jpg

a2c01a56-4a88-4a89-adb4-384eb7564d2b_zps1b28c66c.jpg

violet8_zps3aa24925.jpg

ff3e6b92-1828-4b77-a03a-348fc29e1ec7_zpsc435717b.jpg

Hope the link to photobucket is allowed, I can link for a thread if you prefer.

Thanks for hosting!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SprinterFlashSprinterFlash Posts: 387 Member
    edited June 2013
    DO you guys mind looking at my forum below? Its a petition for smoothies in the Sims. You can visit by clicking the banner below.
    edited June 2013
    Violet is a very nice sim @Sybile :) Great photos that you have taken of her. She looks very elegant in her formalwear standing near the bar with the cue in her hand . It looks great how you have taken the photo of her ice skating, she looks nice and warm in her outerwear, and the background of the snow on the trees looks pretty. Great touch to see the mark that the skates left on the ice.
    She is a nice sim!
  • DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited June 2013
    ENTRY FORM: FINISHED

User Name: Dayshatw

Sim's Name: Peyton Michaels

Traits: Loves the Heat, Dramatic, Friendly, Social Butterfly, Diva

Biography: Ever met somebody that you just reminded you of the sun because they were so bright. They just lit up the room with their smile. They were loved and just had a yellow aura. That's Peyton, an upcoming PLUS SIZED model. And she is just always so giggly and happy and loves to go down to the beach. Her life is so bright. She doesn't have a fiber of darkness in her. People look at her and they could be having the worst day ever and smile. She is that beautiful and happy. Her mood fills a whole room and is contagious. Peyton is the sweetest girl you'll ever meet. She may be a bit dramatic and a little bit of a diva, but she is still sweet. Well at least she tries to be. Peyton, the Aspiring Plus Sized Model with a golden heart.

Pictures: Screenshot-664_zps37e12c70.jpg
    Screenshot-665_zps058d1772.jpg
    9bff6965-6a23-4136-bb67-a19a2957b658wallpaper.jpg
    678922e9-65ef-4170-b5ba-5fa93f57b11awallpaper.jpg
    1f024f94-b071-4077-ab8f-5a7ff6a432d5wallpaper.jpg
    Screenshot-674_zps546746d3.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited June 2013
    wealthy wrote:
    User Name: Wealthy
    Sim's Name: Danie Silverstone
    Traits: Bookworm, Loves the heat, Daredevil, Loves the outdoors, inappropriate
    Biography: Danie has a diverse personality! But all her traits compliment each other! Her most favorite activity to do is lay at the beach reading a book and the daredevil part is she stays out in the sun until she comes close to combustion:O Purple is her signature color, and has to show it off by dying her hair purple; she doesn't care if the stares are negative or positive she likes the attention!
    Link to Pictures : http://www.flickr.com/photos/97869470@N06/sets/72157634257434829/
    I don't know how to put pictures in a post so the link has everything you need!:)
    Thank you for the opportunity!

She's Beautiful Wealthy! I especially love the her everyday look.
    Great job!
    also if you upload pics to photobucket it will automatically generate html for you to easily copy and paste into entries. :mrgreen:
  • gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2013
    Entry Form<br>
    User Name:  gaa17
    Sim's Name:  Spring Ivy
    Traits:  Social Butterfly, Diva, Charismatic, Dramatic, and Star Quality
    Biography:  Spring knows family drama. Her sister Song joined their dad when he decided to start a new family; her mom eloped unexpectedly and moved away too. She's tired of being left behind in the shadows. It's time for her to cast her own! She signed up to be an intern for this new company, but unbeknownst to her, her "company" was choosing people for a 2nd wave of settlers to be sent to Lunar Lakes. Can she step up and shine like she's always wanted to?
    Download Link:  http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7416067
    CC Credits:  Ephemera Skin Natural by teru_k
    Link to All Pictures:  http://imgur.com/a/UT76s
    Pictures:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FHOM2tAl.png, "max-width:500px"[/IMG]<br>
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mZFBUjAl.png, "max-width:500px"[/IMG]