Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❀ Beach City =]

Comments

• Kayla0440Kayla0440 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited May 2013
    <snip>

Wow thank you! Certainly much easier than what I was doing! My brushes are a giant pain in the rear. For some reason when I am messing with land heights I only have the circular brush and not the square. Makes things a bit of a pain lol. Thank you for the response! I can't wait to try your new world out. =)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    @ purple_roses2110 - Thanks! No problems on time- I'm a slow builder now. :D

@ Kayla0440 - No, there isn't a square with the sculpting tool- but there is one with the Mask tool which makes that much easier. :)
  • Kayla0440Kayla0440 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Well that certainly explains a lot. LOL I feel like such a ditz with this program. The basics are easy to grasp but if your really getting your feet wet in the CAW it can be a bit overwhelming the learning curve. At least for me anyways =) Thank you so much for your help again. Amazing as always!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2013
    YAY! It finally has it's own thread and a name. I love it. Of course you know that.

As far as builds go, I can't make any promises - with all the family issues going on right now with my middle son and a couple other things I haven't mentioned - but if I find some time when I can concentrate fully - I will try and come up with a few beach type houses for you. Of course you know mine are never spectacular and would never even come close to a featured build. I just never seem to have that magic "eye" all you much better builders have. So if I do manage something - please do not feel you must use any. Your world is too wonderful for me to make a mess of it. I mean it - I will not be offended at all. hehehe Sometimes even I don't like using my own builds. That's pretty bad building I think - but I at least hope to try and help.

Now if I can just get my head on straight for a few hours.

Regardless - this world is indeed a sight to behold and no matter how you were able to build it - your ideas and imaginations - your magic inner eye - just comes shining through and so gloriously.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    Alright. I have some pictures of that house I already built. Feel free to say no though! It won't hurt my feelings. I understand perfectly that it might not be something you are looking for.

Also, just to add, I have no CC, but there might be some store items. If there are, they are more than likely anything that is free. If these appear in the house in your game, you may wish to remove/replace them as you please. Also, if do choose to use this house and you wanted to do any adding, rearranging, or removing of any furniture and any repainting and what not, go crazy!

Screenshot-2-1_zps6cd5aa5e.jpg
    Screenshot-3-1_zpsfce12df9.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zps6909ffa2.jpg
    Screenshot-5-1_zpsd43b0e7c.jpg
    Screenshot-6-1_zps66a8ee8f.jpg
    Screenshot-7-1_zps6b89878d.jpg
    Screenshot-8-1_zps440b848c.jpg
    Screenshot-9-1_zps998e28b4.jpg
    Screenshot-10-1_zpsa38d9981.jpg
    (Entrance to the main bedroom. I couldn't get far enough back to take a better picture without going through the wall into the hallway.)
    Screenshot-11-1_zps60913a29.jpg
    Screenshot-12-1_zps5b75261e.jpg
    Screenshot-13-1_zpsfae343b8.jpg
    The next two bedrooms are additional bedrooms that I didn't really do anything with. I added in a bed and a dresser and that was about it. They are pretty boring as I sometimes keep bedrooms.
    Screenshot-14-1_zps62286a60.jpg
    Screenshot-15-1_zpsf035e4cb.jpg
    Screenshot-16-1_zps6f5cd63d.jpg
    Screenshot-17-1_zps195db605.jpg
    Screenshot-18-1_zpsd37014c7.jpg
    Screenshot-19-1_zps1d433d19.jpg
    Screenshot-21-1_zpsa84f002e.jpg
    Screenshot-22-1_zps2a2d9252.jpg
    Screenshot-23-1_zps34972496.jpg

So again feel free to say no, but if you do decide to use it feel free to make any changes you deem necessary! :mrgreen:
    Also, if you would like me to remove some or all of these pics after you are done reviewing them to make it less image heavy, just let me know. 8)

ETA: I also noticed on the floor plans of the house you showed me, there was a bonus room on the second floor. Did you absolutely want this floor? It's not problem if you do, but I just wanted to ask first.

ETA2: Alright. My building ability is starting to fail on me here. I'm still going to build that house, but sometimes it takes me a few start overs before I get it right. Just stopping by again to ask did you want me to try to fit the screened porch in the back and also did you want that big front yard? I can still put in a front yard, but I keep having to move the garage closer and closer to the street to fit the kitchen and other bedroom in.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wooo, it's a good sign when one of your new worlds gets it's own thread! I've loved the look of this world from the first screenshot and each additional one deepens that feeling. Wish there was something I could do to help but I'm happy to stand on the sidelines and cheer!
  • Tacha75Tacha75 Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love the new world. I can't wait till it's ready for download!!!
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    I heard about this in tinychat. :shock: Liar liar pants on fire! :lol: Miss "I'm not making anymore worlds". :P I just hope you are taking sufficient breaks and not doing it for too long of periods at a time. :wink: It's looking lovely! :mrgreen: 8)

5f469af3-7f6b-4e98-b039-4f8a9c0e5a96.jpg

ETA: Purple, your lot is lovely too. <3
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

Thanks, WR- Hope you and your family are all doing well. :hugz:

Thanks for the wonderful house, purple_roses2110! :mrgreen:

That's wonderful to know too, Oolonglong. Cheering and comments are so great! :mrgreen:

Thanks so much, Tacha75 :D

Aw, exotickitten. Don't make me feel bad for not being able to break this habit... I've been playing CAW almost everyday for years. It's hard to give up. :cry:
    ...and people have been talking about me in tinychat? :shock:

~And well, even though I said I wouldn't be making any more worlds, I did work on lots today (it rain most of the day). :wink:

Gas Station
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

Kinda like this style building for the boardwalk (was thinking about the cutsie type from Once Upon an Isle).
    I also put a little game area in there... too bad they can't win a stuffed toy. :mrgreen:

• PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    Alright Rflong deary! Here is house number one:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7303994

I ended up not touching anything because I left it all for other people who might download the house. I hope you don't mind. : D
    I know I sound like a broken record here, but feel free to change anything and everything as you please.

I'm still doing that other house!

@exotickitten
    Thank you dear! Glad you like it! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • tckoltckol Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2013
    I made this http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7303824

you may want to change the colour scheme for it as it's a bit darker than what you probably envisioned so I will totally understand if you don't like/need it, I tried to keep to mostly base game stuff but I know I have a few store items I used. Tried to keep it cheap too but came up to about 20 k.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks so much for the builds, Tckol and purple_roses! I do appreciate them. :mrgreen:
  • dduran8804dduran8804 Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2013
    Will this be a populated city?
    [img][/img]10417717_1572849319658821_4468875335572317372_n_zpsixl1jzbe.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I don't know yet. I'll probably upload both empty and populated, maybe a save file. I hope to talk a lot of people into donating a Sim or two.
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited May 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I don't know yet. I'll probably upload both empty and populated, maybe a save file. I hope to talk a lot of people into donating a Sim or two.

If you need some sims my studio has a lot of families in it. Feel free to help yourself! :mrgreen: By the way, the gas station turned out awesome!!
  • savethecatssavethecats Posts: 345 Member
    edited May 2013
    Stunning!! As are all of your worlds! I have learned so much from you ... I recently started a world of my own and I have a whole new appreciation for anyone who creates worlds. Can't wait to see your progress, thank you for sharing your incredible talent with us!!! :D
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh my gosh, this is looking wonderful, Rflong! Love the city area and the gas station and the board walk is fantastic. I wish they could win a stuffed toy too!

And that's a nice house, purple_roses! Moderns are always a challenge for me for some reason. Just not my thing, I guess!

Rflong you are welcome to use any of the houses in my studio. I have quite a few "cottage-style" homes that would go well with that pic you posted for purple_roses. I also started working on this house, on a 30x30 lot:

Frenchcountryhousebeta_zps1c62959c.jpg

If you think you could use this one, I should have it uploaded in a week or so, still need to play-test it.

What style of house are you looking for on the docks? I've never tried a house for those but I might be able to give it a shot depending on the look you're going for.

I am so psyched for this world! I spent most of last evening trying to update Sunlit Tides and there's never enough room in those store worlds for everything. And I love that you're using Store content, too. :mrgreen:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Lizpearl87Lizpearl87 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is beautiful! Someone else mentioned it looking like Ocean City and I think it really does have that feel about it. I'm excited because of all the beachy worlds there are out there, I've yet to see one that gave an OC vibe. This couldn't have come at a more perfect time because summer is coming and we usually vacation there (and will this year) and I swear the whole time I'm there I take in the scenery through my "sim goggles". That's an inside joke that I'm pretty sure most simmers understand. I guess maybe it is a bit disturbing that even while on vacation I am thinking about the sims. But hey, creativity doesn't take a break. I just have to be careful around my husband not to say, "How many tiles wide do you think that house is?" He hates all things sim. Awesome world, can't wait to explore it!
    edited May 2013
    Hi :D

Wonderful! Thanks, AHENRICHs~ I'll definitely remember to plunder your Studio for Sims. :mrgreen:

@savethecats- Thanks! So glad to hear you're creating your own world, it's so worth the learning curve. :D

@HappySimmer3- That's a beautiful house, that's for letting me add it to my world. I'm real happy so many have offered houses. Makes my job easier. :D

I have no idea what to build for the docks yet either- kinda modern, kinda beach or worn beach/house... I haven't even started building for that area or looking for ideas so whatever would be perfect, I'm sure. :D

@Lizpearl87- Thanks! I really hadn't thought to keep the name Beach City- it was more of the type of world it was going to be. Kinda turned into more then that.
    And yes! I know what you mean about "Sim goggles," too. :lol:

I had cliffs on the other side of the docks but now I'm thinking about making it a rocky beach with some boulders... I've already changed the Military base. :shock: :)

Thanks so much for the encouraging comments. :hugz:

edited May 2013
    Okay... Got me thinking about the docks. :lol:

After searching some, I like this one... Needs more work still.

@Tckol- I messed with the roof and colors only. . . and a little bigger but that was just to see how the lots worked- I do plan on keeping your lot. :D

Just a few others I tried from online pictures.

So... :mrgreen:
  • tckoltckol Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2013
    I look forward to seeing your redesign along with the rest of the world :D
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    OK...well I messed around a bit (more like ACK! Somebody help me, I can't stop! :lol: ) and came up with this:

DockHousefrontexterior_zps286c3544.jpg

DockHousesideview_zps4469f680.jpg

DockHouseRearExterior_zps99fa4fd7.jpg

Dockhouseexteriornight_zps278896b2.jpg

Do you think this will work? Not as unique as the ones you made (especially love that last one!) but looks similar to Tckol's. On the plus side, it's been awhile since I visited this world so that was kind of neat. :-)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited May 2013
    I'll put it back in tomorrow, Tchol :D

So much nicer then mine, Tangie. Excellent and you made it look easy~ Thanks. :mrgreen:
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow! I love large worlds! It looks absolutely stunning so far!

Bookmarked & eager to see more! :wink:
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited May 2013
    aaah Rflong7 ~~
    you did it again :D may i even say this is your best work yet? keep getting better and better, ;) i'm keeping my eye on this, i do see 1 problem for myself though :( no lucky palms so my guess is that i'll lose those "dock walls" you have... . right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top