Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Roaches is back in the Sims 3!

DFygeNU.jpg

Dont you just love cockroaches in sims? They always freak out for the stupid little *******. Honestly i made this thread because im really bored and because roaches..

Comments

• lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited May 2013
    technically they've always been there because we can collect them throughout the world but we just haven't had the swarms of them like we did in TS2. i have to admit i did NOT miss the roach swarms!
  • xMathyxMathy Posts: 555 New Member
    edited May 2013

I like
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if they are bringing back the situation from TS2.

From the Sims wiki http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Illness

When the Beaker household in Strangetown is first played , there will be cockroaches near the refrigerator. Both Loki and Nervous will go to stomp on them and are likely to catch the flu. It is best to cancel out this action before they get there, and call an exterminator.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bleah. :x I guess after IP comes out, I'll be looking for a mod to get rid of the roaches. That's just an annoyance I really don't want in my game.
  • ShawneeMoonShawneeMoon Posts: 32 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    Bleah. :x I guess after IP comes out, I'll be looking for a mod to get rid of the roaches. That's just an annoyance I really don't want in my game.

I agree with you! As my 21 month old grandson says, "Das Gwoss!" :lol:
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited May 2013
    NO NO NO NO! (To quote the lovely Doctor! :D)

oh god... my neat sims are gonna have kittens over this...
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • alicajaskoalicajasko Posts: 36 New Member
    edited May 2013

I like Doctor Who too :D . The tenth doctor is my most favourite :mrgreen: .

I don't plan running a resort, so I guess (I hope), i won't have problems with cockroaches. But it is going to be kinda hardcore, if the cockroaches can appear evrywhere. :lol:

PS. I love that picture with doctor putting his glasses on... :thumbup:
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2013
    :lol: I don't know why this makes me happy but it does. I have memories of laughing at my sims freaking out over roaches and spraying/stomping away.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited May 2013
    alicajasko wrote:

I like Doctor Who too :D . The tenth doctor is my most favourite :mrgreen: .

I don't plan running a resort, so I guess (I hope), i won't have problems with cockroaches. But it is going to be kinda hardcore, if the cockroaches can appear evrywhere. :lol:

PS. I love that picture with doctor putting his glasses on... :thumbup:

Hehe so do I! A fellow whovian friend and I mimic that gif all the time at work usually going "deal with it". (Normally when we're talking about rather unsavory customers that seem to only know how to complain).
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    :lol: I don't know why this makes me happy but it does. I have memories of laughing at my sims freaking out over roaches and spraying/stomping away.

This! I suppose I shouldn't be happy that my sims have roaches but I always got a giggle out of it, too. which is funny because I freak out over roaches in real life (not scared freak out just disgusted freak out)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Cool! That's something I've been missing from TS2.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    Didn't we already get the flu with Seasons though? Or will it make them sick like that if it's installed? :?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hate that scrabbling sound bugs make.
    I have had some home lots that happen to have bug spawners on them.
    Drove me nuts. I had to enter into cheat mode and delete the spawners and then have my sims catch the remaining bugs. :P
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I know. And, they are red! Interesting :)
  • QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2013
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh well I honestly forgot about those. I HATED the in TS2. :x
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited May 2013
    SugarRave wrote:
    Didn't we already get the flu with Seasons though? Or will it make them sick like that if it's installed? :?

Do you call the "germy moodlet" getting sick? If I wasn't paying close attention I'd never know my Sims were sick. One more watered down TS3 version of TS2.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2013
    The roaches are back. :mrgreen:

I'm not too happy about them making a return. They drove me bonkers in TS2. Every time my sims' trashcan got knocked over and I didn't notice right away stupid roaches came. I too, will be looking for a mod to keep them away.
  • FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Not the Roach Swarm, this is the one I don't want in my sims3 game. It already annoyed me back in the orginal sims and TS2, hopefuly they don't come back in TS4.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

This! I suppose I shouldn't be happy that my sims have roaches but I always got a giggle out of it, too. which is funny because I freak out over roaches in real life (not scared freak out just disgusted freak out)

The other night my husband walk into the house, after taking the dog out for a walk, when he noticed a huge roach crawling down his face. Normally he is not one to flip out, but that night he was doing a dance, called Stomping the Roach. This bug was not your normal little thing, it was a huge fat juicy roach. YUCK. lol
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    When I first saw this thread title, I was trying to remember what Sims game pack/town had a family called the Roaches. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have been playing the sims 1 and it doesn't take long for some dirty dishes to spawn loads of roaches on your lot! so annoying
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2013
    I thought the roaches were funny. It meant that there was another consequence for not keeping your areas clean. As long as you can spray them or stomp on them to get rid of them like you could with previous games (and they don't go overboard with the spawns), it doesn't bother me. A lot of simmers ask for more realism, and that's definitely a realistic touch. Anyway, I'm sure there will be "no roach mods." :-)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • BoXeRbOi56BoXeRbOi56 Posts: 171 Member
    edited May 2013
    You can tell the Great and Powerful Will Wright has returned to the Sims team! I <3 Maxis!
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like the bugs haha... I just HOPE that the maid, and butler can exterminate!
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have it on good authority that roaches and sharks are not allowed in Paradise.

I think EA might be giving us the wrong billing .... ;)