Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BLUE PLUMBOB STATUE AS HINT......

I was just playing my game, I'm reburnishing a house into an arcade, anyway I was looking thru the statues and noticed that one was holding a blue plumbob, so obviously thats a hint about Sims 4 (the green plumbob is turning blue for Sims 4 right?), it says down the bottom of the paragraph "its a sign of things to come", its the INTO THE BLUE statue. I'm hoping no one's figured this out or I will look like a right tool, sorry if this thread has been made before. :mrgreen:

Comments

• luckycrth91luckycrth91 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hmmmmm.

640px-TheSims4Wallpaper.jpg

• lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Maybe the blue plumbob is the current sim we're playing and the green plumbobs will be other sims.. we'll be able to see their moods so see if we're making 'em angry or if they're in a good mood.
  • idontknowmateidontknowmate Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    They are changing the plumbob to blue. Blue is my favourite colour but I don't like the change. Its like changing the traffic light into different colours.
  • SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited May 2013
    lovcat wrote:
    Maybe the blue plumbob is the current sim we're playing and the green plumbobs will be other sims.. we'll be able to see their moods so see if we're making 'em angry or if they're in a good mood.

I actually hope that isn't true. I like the traditional green plumbob. And one plumbob is enough. I don't want it cluttering my screen if I have a lot of sims around at a particular time, it will look messy and it won't make for good pictures. And plus, I would rather not be able to see what's going on with the other sims by looking at a plumbob, I think that is the job of the animation and they should be able to incorporate body language into the game enough for us to tell if they like or dislike something. I think automatically knowing it via plumbob would make things too easy.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm not happy about the blue plumbob either... A friend had mentioned to me that the statue was a hint also.
    They are changing the plumbob to blue. Blue is my favourite colour but I don't like the change. Its like changing the traffic light into different colours.
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited May 2013
    Having a blue plumbob just seems strange to me. Why would they feel the need to change the iconic green plumbob?
    Sig.png
  • luckycrth91luckycrth91 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking for a minute that blue would represent a non-active Sim in an active household, but then the comment about having a bunch of plumbobs would be overkill came up.

Sooooo...

Hmmm...
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited May 2013
    well i'm glad i never got that green plumbob tattoo i really wanted a year ago...
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's been so long since I've played TS2, but weren't blue plumb bobs used for sims in your group when you had group outings. TS3 really watered down group outings and didn't even bother with the little dating meeting games.

Maybe groups are coming back with much more depth.
    When I play the sims, my main household has intertwining stories with other households that I don't currently control. It would be wonderful if those other plumb bobs were sims that were friends of my sim, but gave me some sort of access so I can shape them to fit my story scenario.

I don't know...the blue plumb bob has me really confused.
    I still wonder if they related to social simming in some way.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Checksky3Checksky3 Posts: 906 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think theblue plumbob is someones sim you invite to play in your town online and green of course is your sim.
    Origin ID: CuddlesKatie
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited May 2013
    Woah. :shock: No green plumbob?! It's the most iconic Sims symbol of all time, not having it would be so strange. Do we know for sure that they're changing colors on us?

Oh, and if there really are blue plumbobs in the future then your discovered hint is pretty dang sneaky of them. Who would have ever guessed that plumbobs would be blue?
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ok. Wait. I'm completely wrong.. a user above made me think

They're re-designing a the game to focus on relationships? right? When you invite someone to a group or on a date their plumbob is blue.. right?

The new logo and hint is that they are focusing on relationships (like we've heard).
    No drastic changes to our classic green plumbob just a representation, a subtle one at that, that they are focusing on the inner workings of sim-to-sim relations.
  • Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2013
    I highly doubt they will change the colour of the plumbob, the green to yellow to red mood makes more sense rather then blue.

What I thought when I first saw this on a fansite before Sims4 was announced I thought they would relaunch The Sims Online and the blue blumbob was going to stand for other players around you. So you would be green other players would be blue and not change to tell the difference between players and npcs.

Yet this could still be true due to online features coming but " If people choose to use them " at the core its an offline game I realise that. Will still be interesting if they bring in a feature to play with friends ingame.

Time will tell, Can't wait to see all the details!
    Happy Simming :)
  • UtopiaUtopia Posts: 164 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really hope they aren't changing the active sims plumbob to blue. Like someone else said, it's a bit like changing traffic light colours. A glowing green plumbob means a happy healthy sim. Green means GO!
    Mysticalmaid
    <3 Tweet me @samwitts2 <3
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    We guess we will see about that coming later :)
  • Sism7Sism7 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Well, i remember in the sims 2 when a sims was on a date, the playable sim's plumbob stayed green, .and the date had a skinny blue midget plumbob
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    The blue plumbob is in Sims 3. Make a group, look at the blue halo the group members have really closely...
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited October 2013
    What is all this talk about a blue plumbob? If anyone's watched gameplay trailer, or any trailer for TS4 they'd see they are green.

Quit worrying about nothing.

sims4head1.jpg
    Games%20-%20The%20Sims%204%201.jpg
    sims40820-610.jpg

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2013
    Green, purple, blue, orange, I really don't care. Play with headlineeffects on anyway.
    5JZ57S6.png