Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Single-player playable offline?

I don't really get what that means. I thought it was already offline. Can someone please explain it to me?

Thank you :)

Comments

• adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited May 2013
    It means precisely that. There were so many worries about the game being forced online that they acknowledged that it won't be.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think that's a reference to the SimCity debacle. People were afraid that Sims 4 would require a persistent internet connection. That you would have to be logged into their servers in order to play or that it would be a completely online game.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yup, they just wanted to confirm that you wouldn't need an internet connection and could play alone just like the other Sims games, to clarify that it wouldn't be a disaster like SimCity.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • sarasara14sarasara14 Posts: 413 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Sims 3 IS offline, but you can see what your friend arepostin and can gift them if you have internet connection. If you don't you can still play the game but won't see what frends ar doing and can't gift them etc.
    SimCity need internet conneection to play - ALWAYS. That means you cant start playing your game without the internet connecion.
    So the developers are telling us THE SIMS 4 won't need the internet connection for you to play the game like simcity does. You will be still be able to play just yourself and won't need internet cnnection just like you don't need it with The Sims 3.
    Hope that answers your question :)
    yxk-tumblr.jpg
  • LadyWhiteFaithLadyWhiteFaith Posts: 254 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Archivist wrote:
    Yup, they just wanted to confirm that you wouldn't need an internet connection and could play alone just like the other Sims games, to clarify that it wouldn't be a disaster like SimCity.

Indeed, but there are also other factors that will determine if The Sims 4 will succeed, not only the DRM/Perequisities. It depends on the audience's rating, and how most of the audience HATES the Always-On DRM, the smartest thing EA can do is to not use it.