Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No non-fully recolorable/removable stencils on _anything_, please!

That's my one huge wish for The Sims 4. I'm so sick and tired of Store, ep:s and sp:s continuing releasing hair, clothes and furniture where there are non-recolorable items, patterns, jewelry or simply some kind of detail in a set color. Most of them do _not_ match what colors I wish to have on the rest of the clothes, furniture and so on.

I can't begin to express how frustrating it is, so I do so truly hope we'll _never_ have anything like that in The Sims 4.

I've heard there are mods with which you can remove stencils in TS3, but it seems so tedious still.

So, please, Gurus/EA/Maxis/anyone with power, please make sure we can recolor or remove any "stencil" directly in the game.
"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."

Comments

• memiiNmemiiN Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    ^ THIS
  • sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited May 2013
    :thumbup:
  • DarqueDarque Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreeing with this ^
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sc3niX likes this.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited May 2013
    applause_zps75ee771f.gif

A thousands times, YES!!!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a "must". A stencil can render an item totally useless to me and it's a shame.
  • rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed there's no need for them not to be removeable or able to be recoloured. :thumbup:
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree!

Stencils that can't be removed make many objects less usable or completely unusable in most designs :?

I want everything customizable! Let US put stencils on things if we want them, and not be stuck with them :wink: Just give us stencils, decals, etc and we can resize them and use them at will--that would be fantastic!

But if you can't do that, at least give us stencil-free versions of anything you make, EA :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member
    edited May 2013
    :thumbup: :thumbup: Yes! One of the best ideas here.
  • lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh my Gosh! Yess!
    I've been wanting this for so long, longer than Sims 3 even :p
  • atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes yes yes. Alonso for stained glass doors please have just a plain glass option as well. I can't use doors I like because of the stained glass not matching the theme of the house. Also no more painted on jewelry on clothing. I like to add my own accessories. There are several cute dresses and shirts I'd like to use but cannot because of the ugly painted on jewelry. Please if you must give us a jewelry free option so we can add our own accessories.
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree! If they must use stencils, then please, please, please, offer a stencil free version of everything.

It would also be nice if they could separate hair accessories from the hair and just add them to accessories and let us choose, but that may be pushing it. :mrgreen:
  • lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    I agree! If they must use stencils, then please, please, please, offer a stencil free version of everything.

It would also be nice if they could separate hair accessories from the hair and just add them to accessories and let us choose, but that may be pushing it. :mrgreen:

It wouldn't be terribly hard to do, as some custom content makers already do this in the Sims 3 and even the Sims 2. I really hope they do though!
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree about the jewelry too! Why should a 3D character wear a 2D necklace?! :lol:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2013
    :thumbup:

Let's also hope they bring a better CAST to TS4, with more than 4 channels you can recolor! :)
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited May 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I agree about the jewelry too! Why should a 3D character wear a 2D necklace?! :lol:

Not just jewelry, but clothes too.

922157_462019093874892_1138291059_o.jpg
  • PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Woah and wow :D Happy there are more than myself wanting this! Though that's not so surprising... So please, EA/Maxis/Gurus/all of you, think about this! :)
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2013
    THIS.
  • alverdinedrakealverdinedrake Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed! I also think they over design everything. I would rather more nice BASIC objects/shapes & clothes/hairs that are customisable through cast. All jewelry should be seperate from clothing.
    Btw, here's a link for the mod that removes stencils, it's fantastic!
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=478307

*afterthought* Longer skirts and dresses too, ones that fall just above the knee or even mid thigh, not just covering the butt. And less FRILLS on everything.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?PHPSESSID=lpl0llcsnc8fkq3k5136gll564&topic=28602.0 Here are some of EA's clothing with the jewelry removed as default replacements. They look a million times more useable.