Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Genetic System

I have to admit that (in my opinion) The Sims 2 genetics were better than The Sims 3.

This is one thing that I think desperately needs improved!
It always bothered me that in The Sims 3 you either get a child that looks identical to one parent, or you get a deformed looking child because the genetics of both parents don't EVER mix well.

Do you think this will be improved in The Sims 4? I'd say it very much needs it!

Your thoughts?

Comments

• IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would say that the genetic mixing system from TS2 was far superior to the one from TS3. I've had TS3 since release and I don't think I ever once had a child born in-game that wasn't a clone of one of their parents. I never experienced any genetic mixing at all.
  • PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would very much like a better DNA mixing system. I love playing with genetics, mixing Fairies with Genies and such. Seeing how many redheads I get vs. blondes, ect. :)
  • nxtashaxtnxtashaxt Posts: 500 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope they made it so dyed hair does not count as their genetic hair colour, ie you change your sims hair from brown to pink and their children can get the pink hair.

Looking forward to seeing what the new sims will look like
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely! Genetics are way too predictable in TS3. I have six kids and 5 look identical to the mom, and one looks identical to the dad. And another kid that looks like no one. Lol
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree. I want to see dominant and recessive genes this time around. I want to see the genes mix. I agree 100%.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely agree! I prefer to play a generational style of game and I liked the genetic system in TS2 better than the TS3 system. And I can't stress how much I HATE the genetic hairstyle thing!! That's just as bad as having dyed hair become the new genetic haircolour :? I'd like skin-tone blending to be possible if the parents have different skintones too.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    edited May 2013
    What I'd really like is if they tried with the skin. I mean, I have black sims producing with white sims and their offspring look entirely white. That isn't very realistic. They should atleast make their skin tan or something.
  • starnexstarnex Posts: 329 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree, I've posted about this a few times on different threads, they really need a proper genetic system; one which is well thought out and complex.
  • germangirl16germangirl16 Posts: 339 New Member
    edited May 2013
    And that Sim children and toddlers all look THE SAME! They all have the exact same nose and odd eye shape that's too big.....but if you tweak them on a child, the kid grows up to look totally freaky.
  • Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wish traits would be part of the genetic system. Its stupid that you get to decide the traits of a baby when its born, half the time I can't remember what its parents traits are to make it right and end up with a kid that does not have its parents traits.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed! I certainly hope this improves in TS4.
  • MiniaggeMiniagge Posts: 37 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I certainly agree!

I love to play with the same families in as many generations as possible, and the genetics are very important for me :).
  • Jess1281Jess1281 Posts: 466 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I know...for Sims 3 being the next gen, they took a huge step back on genetics especially.
  • xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope the genetics is better with TS4! I think you should have a listing of parents(mom & dad) for your sim(s) that you start with at beginning of game. I agree that babies and toddlers shouldn't look like clones. Children should have a chance to look like one parent(not a clone), mix of both, or nothing like either parent.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I know. I hope it improves for this game. :)
  • Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also it would be cool if when you used CAS to create your starting parents, that the game would automatically give them some parents even if those do not exist in your game. Just so it doesn't just have this blank family tree.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301