Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You Say its about The Fans right?

13...Next

Comments

• TdeppeTdeppe Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    PcJunky you said it for me with the babies. :-) would so love a real newborn baby that did not look like a plastic doll from walmart
  • luckycrth91luckycrth91 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hey if "EAxis" is watching their forums, I would sure hope they're taking notes, and tallying the remarks!

So far I've seen the mention of basic weather, education, animals, glugs (glitches/bugs), and realism towards Sim-to-Sim interaction, player-to-Sim interaction (and vice versa). Then there's rabbit holes (I imagine for certain careers this would be necessary, and certain educational interactions, but I do agree that some of them need to go).

I rarely have Sim families, but when I do, the babies are boringly repetitive, the toddlers get less boring but are still just as repetitive and then kids...c'mon...I want to see them draw on the wall, throw food across the table at their siblings, play with their siblings more intuitively.

I'm trying to imagine basic weather outside of an EP. I think this is where any weather EP goes away and just all kinds of weather come into play. Climate though I think would be a different EP.

Then I've seen mention of fixing things and enhancing things (animations, Sim actions).

I'm rooting for almost everything here.

• WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pcjunky13 wrote:
    1. Ditch the cocoons on babies and give us more interactions
    2. DITCH THE RABBIT HOLES okay maybe not completely but still
    3. In the base game give us Weather,Pets, University. That way people like me get what they want in the beginning and that way it will give you more opportunity's to do new concepts for EPS which is what some people want.

I am so hoping the sims team will see your thread and pay attention to your list.

For number 1 I'd love for them to have revamps of the baby items released in the Store already in game, like the Baby Monitor, Baby Swing, etc., to be able to do more with the baby.

For number 2, the main rabbit hole I'd loved to see ditched is the diner. I understand in 3 it was for the Culinary Career but so was the Bistro. In 4 I'd love to have a diner or restaurant where my sim can visit and go inside to eat and interact, ala Sims 2 Nightlife.

And for 3 I totally agree with having Weather,Pets, and University in the Base Game or some variation of them.

Weather doesn't have to be fully controlled like in Seasons but having the occasional rain shower, snow fall, or even just having the trees change as time progresses would add more variety then a perfect sunny day everyday.

With Pets, even if the sims team held off on including dogs,cats,and horses because they plan to make another Pets exp for 3, I'd still love to see the smaller animals, like the snakes, birds, rodents, etc. available to be cared for in 4 and not just fish.

And for University, I'd love to see a University/College type building in the same world with the sims. And like University in 3, it'd be the mix of rabbit hole and actual classes your sim could attend.

• goodnighthelenagoodnighthelena Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2013
    No offense, but by that time it will too late to make changes to the game. It's probably too late now.

I can tell you that they most definitely can make changes within that time frame. considering the massive amount of game developers and resources they have, it would be absolutely no problem.
  • Hunter_JinHunter_Jin Posts: 175
    edited May 2013
    While I was a little disappointed with Rabbit Holes for my Sim's career, I figured that the Rabbit Hole is needed for those who are not much of an OCD players. I mean, yeah, it's fantastic that we get to see what the Sims are doing inside or even controlling their work but there are still other family members to control and of course you can't watch your working Sims everytime. So there's Free Will for other members, but the problem is that the Free Will system isn't that much great and I hope it's improved in The Sims 4.

For those who hated Sims 3 Ambitions, probably some players hate to control their Sims Profession but what more - for example - if The Sims 4 arrived and (halleluja) there are no Rabbit Holes. If you hate controlling Sims' careers in Ambitions then how much more in The Sims 4 if there are no Rabbit Holes and you have to control them most of the time? Another whino festival?

I am in favor of quality over quantity and I was hoping that the Sims team could release EPs after four months instead of three so they can add contents in the EP just in time for their deadline to make some fan requests make it to the cut (believe me The Sims team listen but some things just don't make it to the cut and goes to the backlog).

As for Stuff Packs, I don't know about it. Maybe for every SP there will be at least one premium content according to the theme of the SP because let's face it, Stuff Packs are just recolors based on the theme.

As The franchise moves on, the more demanding us players get. Personally if I'm the CEO of EA I'll stop at The Sims 4 because fans are getting much more demanding and their thousands to million wants seem so unrealistic to do and if not met, will result into more bashing without knowing the company's side of the story on why their [insert requests here] did not make it.

Now I just hope that The Sims team uses an updated game engine because The Sims 3 Engine was made (goodness) at year 2005. I mean, with Bridgeport present only means that The Sims 3 Engine was pushed to the limit and still worked (yes the reason it's quite buggy is because of the 2005 engine).