Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You Say its about The Fans right?

Okay sims team.

If you say its about the fans then its time to start listening, You have done a somewhat good job paying attention to us. You gave us Seasons, and Supernatural and University which was periodically asked for and debated about. Watching a conference call that Curtis Paradis posted on his youtube, I heard you say you go back to its core form, of it being about the sims. Well in Sims 3 it wasn't that's why me personally I feel I don't play as much as I used to because to me it became more about the building and creating instead of the Sims. I have said in my other posts about rabbit wholes and how i feel about them. Which I am a neutral on that subject were as I can understand for those who need the rabbit holes. But in the game aspect it was such a bummer when I could take my sims to ( i use this reference all the time sorry) a restaurant and interact with my sims. Not they walk in the building and I get to do nothing. Also let's talk babies, get rid of those dang blankets! seriously The Sims 2 babies were way better in the fact of they had legs and an actual body. So Sims 4 bring them back out and let us do more with them. Babies learn to crawl they get fussy when they are trying to learn to crawl, they grow teeth and need something to chew on because it hurts. I saw this in a post on youtube and I agree. In Sims 2 and 3 there was pictures showing weather and we didn't get weather till later on. I say you just add weather and let us take them to university and have them already get pets. Or if you do make them the first three Expansions. I am sure you will here some fans wanting a farm themed ep which I me personally don't care for it but its still part of life so im not to fussy about it. So my key things I ask for are

1. Ditch the cocoons on babies and give us more interactions
2. DITCH THE RABBIT HOLES okay maybe not completely but still
3. In the base game give us Weather,Pets, University. That way people like me get what they want in the beginning and that way it will give you more opportunity's to do new concepts for EPS which is what some people want.

So simmers, say what you feel and your ideas of where you want the direction of THE SIMS 4 to go. LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD. Like they said its about the fans!

Comments

• goodnighthelenagoodnighthelena Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pcjunky13 wrote:
    3. In the base game give us Weather,Pets, University. That way people like me get what they want in the beginning and that way it will give you more opportunity's to do new concepts for EPS which is what some people want.

Agreed. I would love to have more control with newborns.
    As for rabbit holes, I hate them! One of my BIGGEST hopes for TS3 was being able to do work through my Sim. Yes, Ambitions let us do that, and it was great, but I want to do more than just that.
    For those of use with more than one adult or teen Sim who works, I wish we could have a autonomous selection. Let us use our workplaces if we want, if not, we don't have to. The technology is there. Just put it in.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think I'd rather wait until I have more information about the gameplay before I start making demands from the Sims 4 development team.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • AmberNicole1989AmberNicole1989 Posts: 1,532
    edited May 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I think I'd rather wait until I have more information about the gameplay before I start making demands from the Sims 4 development team.

Yes, it is rather too early to decide how I feel about the sims 4.
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pcjunky13 wrote:
    Okay sims team.

If you say its about the fans then its time to start listening

It's not about the fans. It hasn't been about the fans since EA bought the franchise. It's about how much money they can milk out of the game. Only now they are realizing that giving the fans what they want [and charging a lot for it] makes money.
    Pcjunky13 wrote:

They will probably give us TS2-type babies back and they would be smart to only have rabbit holes for careers, not restaurants and stores, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that they will include Pets or University in the base game - they are too complicated to program and they make a lot of money as EPs. Weather and seasons are iffy at best. While I hope it is included in the base game, there are features that I, personally, would want more than weather.

Only time will tell.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the TS2 style babies, but I hope they have the good sense to include more baby centered objects such as a playpen and a pram/carriage to lay the baby down in and take them for a stroll.

I'd also hope that they'd put the infant in either a footed PJ like they did in the Sims (original), or onesies. Nothing irritate me more than seeing the kid just wearing a diaper in The Sims 2. Cute little outfits would be nice too.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    edited May 2013
    hahaha Schweiger.
    It's not about the fans. It hasn't been about the fans since EA bought the franchise. It's about how much money they can milk out of the game

that was my exact thought when they said it. I was like haha it ain't about the fans its about the money. That's why EA is such a crappy company, because they don't focus on the gameplay and what the people want they figure whats a way to suck more money out of your pockets. I do also agree that they probably wont add those things to the base game which is fine.

As to the comment of "I think I'd rather wait until I have more information about the gameplay before I start making demands from the Sims 4 development team" that's the point. You speak now so they can add it to it. When the final product is made and its shipped out it's to late. Especially when its something major, if we knew that the babies were going to be cocoons then if we spoke up about it before the final product was sent out. We probably wouldn't have had them. A small spark starts a fire. If you don't say anything now then they won't know what your looking for. I understand your point though

• OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited May 2013
    I must be the only one who actually likes the rabbit holes... I prefer them not to be 'buildings' maybe just a door going into a room with a marker in it stating its a RH so you can build the kind of neighborhood you want. I mean... If people can create 'rugs' like jynx then so can EA. but anyways, I think they're easier to play, especially if you like to play large families. It's nice to send dad to the police station and concentrate on the daughter for a bit while she learns to ride horses. I think they make gameplay easier :)

Also, as someone who is creative, I love this aspect of the game. The ability to create whatever you want, be it sim, building, or world. I feel this is what the sims should always be about. Giving the player more control over their game play. Because if they took the creative aspect out of this game it would definitely be a boring sandbox game.

But eh, that's just me :)
    edited May 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I agree with the TS2 style babies, but I hope they have the good sense to include more baby centered objects such as a playpen and a pram/carriage to lay the baby down in and take them for a stroll.

I'd also hope that they'd put the infant in either a footed PJ like they did in the Sims (original), or onesies. Nothing irritate me more than seeing the kid just wearing a diaper in The Sims 2. Cute little outfits would be nice too.

Seriously the diaper did get a little bit old but at least they had a body and were more graphically advanced than the first sims. I think they should do that though make it were we can dress the babies. I don't know if it's possible yet but for a new thing they could fix is. During each life state they slowly grow and the other way. Like when a infant is born and becomes a toddler they are growing slowly i mean from newborn to like 5 months is such a difference! then when they hit adult is when they stop growing.
    edited May 2013
    I must be the only one who actually likes the rabbit holes... I prefer them not to be 'buildings' maybe just a door going into a room with a marker in it stating its a RH so you can build the kind of neighborhood you want. I mean... If people can create 'rugs' like jynx then so can EA. but anyways, I think they're easier to play, especially if you like to play large families. It's nice to send dad to the police station and concentrate on the daughter for a bit while she learns to ride horses. I think they make gameplay easier :)

Also, as someone who is creative, I love this aspect of the game. The ability to create whatever you want, be it sim, building, or world. I feel this is what the sims should always be about. Giving the player more control over their game play. Because if they took the creative aspect out of this game it would definitely be a boring sandbox game.

But eh, that's just me :)

thats fine...I see your point it does make it a bit easier thats why they should have a balance between the two. For instance the job stuff should be rabbit holes. And no they shouldn't take the creative part out it is nice that we can create more. But they should add what it was originally about.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pcjunky13 wrote:

I actually want rabbit holes to stay. But, I came up with a compromise: Hybrid rabbit holes.

Effectively, each rabbit hole acts as a tiny subhood; if you don't follow your sims in or change to those sims, they just do what they're doing at work automatically and come home. But! You can also go inside, edit the layout (the layout affects what they do at work), and even control your sims while at work.
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited May 2013
    going to sound odd. but i wish the towns with eps connected. like i could travel downtown to Bridgeport and only deal with 1 loading screen. meet sims.. and such .. and go back to say sunset valley and still have them as friends.. and even see them around my main world.

i think trying to push every ep in one world is hard to do for must people.. even the worlds that include everything, most people wont have all eps or sps or have a pc to run it.
  • crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I doubt that they'd give you the best features of the game in the base game (seasons, pets, etc.)
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Yes, it is rather too early to decide how I feel about the sims 4.

No offense, but by that time it will too late to make changes to the game. It's probably too late now.
  • BlackGardenBlackGarden Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love some of your ideas but remember it's "listen to the fans" not "listen to that guy".

Not everyone is going to get everything they want in The Sims 4. Some people are going to be really unhappy with it, some people are going to be really delighted with it. All Maxis can try to do is to please most of the people most of the time.

That being said...

1) I would love to see more baby animations, baby clothes. Babies are people but in Sims they seem like objects to interact with.

2) I actually sort of like having some rabbit holes. When Ambitions came out I found it impossible to have a whole household all with jobs that I had to direct them to do. I would like to have some careers where I can just send Sims for x amount of time each day to go make money, and then have some careers where I can watch/direct them throughout throughout the day.

3) I think it's unrealistic to expect them to include another 2-3 years worth of development in the base game. If they did, we would be waiting another 2-3 years for the game. Obviously, though, I would be delighted to have, in particular, pets and weather in the base game. Or at least, small pets - like guinea pigs!
    edited May 2013
    I have a feeling that s4 can only be better s3. I think they held out on us in s3 just so they can sell us s4. So, all the stuff we've complained about this time around will be in s4.

My advice to my fellow simmers is this: wait. Wait until the eps that you need come out before you buy the game. Wait until they go on sell or just get cheaper as they get older. Wait and make sure that the bugs are eradicated before you buy any new ep.

Just enjoy s3 since it is now finally complete (or will be soon). I'm planning on playing the s3 for the next 3 years. But, I hope they'll let us have access to the forums so that I can stay a part of the community.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    Well if it's manly about the money let's appeal to what can make them money.

Don't set up blockades in the games that prevent gameplay. These same blockades prevent money from being earned. An example is a baby that only lays down and cries, has no feet and is stuck in a blanket all day. Open up the gameplay for it and have it where he coo's, wiggles, roll overs, does a little crawling, giggles, etc. Yes fans will develop cutest baby syndrome.

Yes many of us ladies can't resist that drooling bundle of joy. Now that it has hands and feet what more can you girls do, but accessorize it. Pacifiers, teething rings, rattles, bonnets, booties, onezies, little outfits. Yes we offer those in sets in our store and in stuff packs. Can't find a nursery style you like well choose from 5 different types in our lovely cash shop. We have animal parade, teddy bears on the march, country ducklings, modern kittens, ladybug picnic. All comes with baby bath tubs, cribs, changing table, baby swing, baby dangler, rocking chair, and each it's own special little toy for your little bundles to play with.

*sims fans reactions*

YAY Take my money!!!!!!

Yes on the rabbit holes. WTH sims 1 had the pizza place, a bakery, farmers market, restaurants, candy and toy store, fashion store, etc. Please let's not revert to less than that. Open venues should be in the game, and not designed as rabbit holes. Make it so the sims day is a bit longer so that players can enjoy the expansion content more. The day is too short the sim won't get to do much but eat and sleep. All i know is premium content sold big in the store which mean one thing player want to play the game not read it not watch their sims in rabbit holes.
    edited May 2013
    @Anavastia, I totally argee about the day being too short. It seems like as soon as my party guest show up its time for them to leave.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anavastia wrote:

Don't set up blockades in the games that prevent gameplay. These same blockades prevent money from being earned. An example is a baby that only lays down and cries, has no feet and is stuck in a blanket all day. Open up the gameplay for it and have it where he coo's, wiggles, roll overs, does a little crawling, giggles, etc. Yes fans will develop cutest baby syndrome.

Yes many of us ladies can't resist that drooling bundle of joy. Now that it has hands and feet what more can you girls do, but accessorize it. Pacifiers, teething rings, rattles, bonnets, booties, onezies, little outfits. Yes we offer those in sets in our store and in stuff packs. Can't find a nursery style you like well choose from 5 different types in our lovely cash shop. We have animal parade, teddy bears on the march, country ducklings, modern kittens, ladybug picnic. All comes with baby bath tubs, cribs, changing table, baby swing, baby dangler, rocking chair, and each it's own special little toy for your little bundles to play with.

*sims fans reactions*

YAY Take my money!!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head on what would be the biggest improvement.
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    No offense, but by that time it will too late to make changes to the game. It's probably too late now.

Seeing as the game is probably about a year away from release, they can absolutely still make changes.
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

Seeing as the game is probably about a year away from release, they can absolutely still make changes.

Really, you think they can make core changes to a base game in a year? Alrighty then.
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

Really, you think they can make core changes to a base game in a year? Alrighty then.
    EA are enlisting the help of certain fans and asking them for their input and suggestions, so I hope that changes can be made to the game or what was the point? I imagine we have at least six months of production left.
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

I never said anything about core changes, you're just assuming I meant that. I mean interactions/aesthetics. Like the op stated, don't have the babies in cocoons. Also I doubt they are making a new engine, they are probably just modifying the one they currently have. A year is still enough time to make some changes.

You do realize that call of duty puts out a new game every single year? Yeah it may not be the exact same developers each time, but it's still a new game every year. They just recycle the engine and edit it. I'm not a call of duty fan btw, just stating that it does happen.

But nonetheless I wasn't talking about the core elements.
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

I never said anything about core changes, you're just assuming I meant that. I mean interactions/aesthetics. Like the op stated, don't have the babies in cocoons. Also I doubt they are making a new engine, they are probably just modifying the one they currently have. A year is still enough time to make some changes.

You do realize that call of duty puts out a new game every single year? Yeah it may not be the exact same developers each time, but it's still a new game every year. They just recycle the engine and edit it. I'm not a call of duty fan btw, just stating that it does happen.

But nonetheless I wasn't talking about the core elements.

Call of duty is a warlike game and they are less complicated than simulation. So, that doesn't surprise. Part of the reason that the sims is so buggy is because it so complex. Everything affects everything in the game. You're not just going around shooting at things and adding and subtracting hitpoints.

EA has already started putting this game together, they are not going to scrap anything just because a simmer requests something. If they designed the game around baby larva already than that's probably what we are going to get, because it would take a lot of time to make the design of the baby and the animations the baby would require to have arms and legs. Then they would have make sure it fits in with other game aspects. This all valuable time that has probably already been mapped out for something else.

But, because baby larva has been a major compliant all along I think its safe to say that we will get better babies this time around. And, that the matter has already been decided.

edited May 2013
    Anavastia wrote:

*sims fans reactions*

YAY Take my money!!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head on what would be the biggest improvement.

Seriously she did that was my point..Im not saying i don't like rabbit holes believe me the work thing would make it to hard. Just open up venues that we can take them to like I think its annoying that they go into the rabbit hole for groceries. It be so fun to pick out the items and see them put into a shopping cart. And the whole baby thing that will be something that will give them money. Can I get like a direct link to the EA team and be like YO! fix dem babies lol thats not how id say it but still lol. To the person who pointed out what I wrote of them saying its a about the fans and not one person however you worded it, i hope you don't mean that towards saying that its not about just me. I hope that's not what your saying because id be really offended see as I wasn't trying to make my post sound that way I was trying to say idea's/changes that would be nice.
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    Call of duty is a warlike game and they are less complicated than simulation. So, that doesn't surprise. Part of the reason that the sims is so buggy is because it so complex. Everything affects everything in the game. You're not just going around shooting at things and adding and subtracting hitpoints.

EA has already started putting this game together, they are not going to scrap anything just because a simmer requests something. If they designed the game around baby larva already than that's probably what we are going to get, because it would take a lot of time to make the design of the baby and the animations the baby would require to have arms and legs. Then they would have make sure it fits in with other game aspects. This all valuable time that has probably already been mapped out for something else.

I understand call of duty is different, I was just using it as an example. They have a whole year, it's not like they are going to not do anything for a year and just wait to release it. They are going to continually work on this. Companies have pushed back release dates to change things in a game that the consumers didn't like. Not saying they should do this, but they are obviously going to look at our input. Probably why they started this forum. That's why they have game testers.

I would be perfectly fine if they waited longer and worked on this game. I've had so many glitches in the sims 3 that it wouldn't bother me.