Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED...Please post final entries on our "official entries" post.

Comments

• kaillbarrkaillbarr Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hahahaha gandi rocks
  • MumsyMumsy Posts: 666 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi all,

Earth family taking root. The Moss-Mudds

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=666731

Doh, just saw there's premium items... :oops:

~Mumsy
  • TwitchesTwitches Posts: 221 New Member
    edited July 2009
    MILEYROCKS wrote:
    Are ya'll letting me enter my hippies. I am not on the sign-ups list yet. So no offence but, WHATS THE DEAL!

The protesters were taken before you joined on miley
    I think this is the current availbles listing:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/67551.page#644389

I would read from there to make sure they were not claimed yet.
    edited July 2009
    mumsy
    its the coveralls from riverview You should be fine.
  • YesacYesac Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Anyone have any advice before I upload?

_215401_robert_kennedy_300.jpg

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/678/928/000/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/img]
    edited July 2009
    Oh yeah!
    Thanks Twitches :D
  • addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi, Yesac.
    Looks pretty good. I would maybe see if you can make the forehead a little longer. Also, are his eyes blue? I can't really tell on this comp...

Icraw,
    Huge thanks for all your help! I have combined our two lists so the one on page one should be current through this post. All of your help is very much appreciated!

Miley,
    The family you had requested had been previously "taken," but I added yours to the list regardless. :-) You will be included in our project!

I think I've answered the questions that have come up. So many great sims since I left yesterday! Really proud of your work. I'm going to be rec'ing them all tonight. I love that everyone has worked so hard to make the sims look like their real-life counterparts. You can really tell! If I ever get my game working, I can't wait to see the Doublemint Twins walking side by side with Malcom X and the GoGo Family. Or maybe Gandhi and the Mamas and the Papas.

Feel better, Pallypoo!

Addict
    edited July 2009
    P.S.
    No bears. Scariest thing we saw were some ferocious squirrels. :mrgreen:

Addict
    edited July 2009
    /giggles

.. and welcome home. :-)
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow, this was a lot of fun. I don't know how great a job I've done, but I had fun doing it! haha

As noted below, I didn't say who this is. lol Sorry

Joan Baez:

Here is the sim image:

headshot_large.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=667310

And this is the household:

large.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=667442

Please let me know what you think. I am open to constructive criticism if necessary. :)

Edited in: I went ahead and uploaded her again, with the Summer of Love in the name.
  • KindaBlueKindaBlue Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Completed: Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, and William S. Burroughs

Sorry about the confusing "title/name" of the family. I didn't realize there was already a family named "Beatniks", but this is just what I called this gang of writers.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=667248#

Pictures coming soon, maybe tomorrow. :)
    edited July 2009
    amchristian
    You didn't say in your post who this sim is, but without checking the list I'll venture a guess of Joan Baez? If so, well done indeed!
  • MILEYROCKSMILEYROCKS Posts: 268 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Addict,I am sorry I used CAPS for the last part. I sadly was born with somewhat of a quick temper and sharp mouth. So I appologize.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Anyways, would you possibly have any tips for my building forum? It only has ONE PERSON!!! ARGGHHH!! Sorry Again.....But do you?                        

Best Wishes,                        
    MILEYROCKS!!
    edited July 2009
    Mumsy wrote:
    amchristian
    You didn't say in your post who this sim is, but without checking the list I'll venture a guess of Joan Baez? If so, well done indeed!

Ooh! Thank you for catching that. :) I updated the post with the proper name and you are right, it's Joan Baez.

Thank you for the compliment. It means a lot. I was very nervous about this. haha But, again, it was fun.
  • icrawbeansicrawbeans Posts: 201 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Addict, I really do think you deserve the title of Yoda! I don't know how you do it :D
    edited July 2009
    icrawbeans wrote:
    Addict, I really do think you deserve the title of Yoda! I don't know how you do it :D

I dont think she knows either, :P
    folks like that tend to just do it if they think about it it stops :shock:
    edited July 2009
    Icrawbeans,
    :D

Amchristian,
    Don't worry about the "Summer of Love" on the household. Although when I clicked on it, the link didn't seem to work...the weird guy on the bus showed up!

Miley,
    It's OK. Hmm. Suggestions for your forum. I think I would try something with a different format. A sort of "niche." For example, Queeniehannah started a group for team building. Madison started a group for interior decorators to recruit architects and vice versa. My group focuses more on a story or neighborhood creation. If I think of an idea that I think might work, I'll let you know. But that would be my biggest suggestion. And try for awhile. One interested person soon becomes three, and so forth. :)

Addict
    edited July 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    Amchristian,
    Don't worry about the "Summer of Love" on the household. Although when I clicked on it, the link didn't seem to work...the weird guy on the bus showed up!
    Addict

ohhh.. that must have been when I was re-uploading. hehe Sorry. The new link up there is a good one. :oops:
  • Will_PowersWill_Powers Posts: 95 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hey addict...

I know its a bit late, but I've been away from my computer all weekend. Do you mind if I take a stab at Bruce Springsteen and his family (he was a teen in the 60s and he was living with his family and performing at small clubs in Freehold, New Jersey) He also had a younger sister, which would add an even larger family aspect to the household.

I hope its not too late
    -will
    edited July 2009
    No problem, Amchristian.

Will, that would be cool. Sounds good.
  • EmeyleEmeyle Posts: 446 New Member
    edited July 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    No problem, Amchristian.

Will, that would be cool. Sounds good.

Addict,

Since we lack with PM's on this site, I have to asking you like this. I am running a contest that was started a couple years ago by the one and only, Darla Baker. Model Life. It was for TS2 but I'm trying to get it in to, TS3. But one of the main things I'm needing is a well-known judge. People love and pretty much know of you on this site. So, I was wondering if you could help me run this contest?
  • KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Truman Capote: Bookworm, Artistic, Charismatic, Snob, Inappropriate.
    FINALSHOT2.jpg

Harper Lee: Bookworm, Artistic, Frugal, Technophobe, Loner.
    FINALSHOT1.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=668454
  • MaxCaliforniaMaxCalifornia Posts: 131 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Here's my protest family! The Rowens.

I'm trying to upload the screenshots of them and then I'll write their backstory.

Basically the dad is very artistic, the oldest son just got conscripted to go to the Vietnam War, the oldest daughter is a bra-burning feminist, the second son wants to be a cult leader when he grows up and the baby girl is called Revolution.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=668283#

TheRowens.jpg
    Gosh they all look pretty bored don't they... lol

You can read their story here

I'm also playing them because I really want to try and get them into a protest and take some pics of that. I know the protests are a random thing, but anyone got any ideas of how I can kickstart one off? I already bought the science facility + renamed it "********"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Will_PowersWill_Powers Posts: 95 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hey everyone! I just finished the springsteen family!
    Click here to see the family