Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED...Please post final entries on our "official entries" post.

Comments

• Options
    MILEYROCKSMILEYROCKS Posts: 268 New Member
    edited July 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=654333#

Here you can download my hippie sims. I don't think i did a good job. He He He!
  • Options
    TwitchesTwitches Posts: 221 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Kayllisti
    I think it is his nose more than his chin that throws it off. The length of the face overall but that nose is too.. structured..
    I totally see him in your version and far better than anything I could do [I dont DO real people]
  • Options
    KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I totally see what you mean about the nose, I'm gonna take another look at it, thanks for the advice. =D
  • Options
    MayreeMayree Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'd like to give to do 16. The Who. Can you add me to the list icrawbeans?

thanks
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited July 2009
    I am signed up for #4, an artist commune. But after I signed up for it, I got an idea, so I decided to incorporate it.

These might not be celebs really, but I think they are very recognizable brand figures of the 60s and 70s... and of course, later revived in the 2000s. :)

Presenting... THE DOUBLEMINT TWINS!

Jayne & Joan Doublemint, based off of the original television Doublemint twins of the 60s.

doublemint_01.jpg

And since it is supposed to be a commune, I created another set of twins in the household too.

Meet Joel and Jerry Doublemint
    doublemint_02.jpg

The Doublemint Artist Commune

doublemint_03.jpg

doublemint_04.jpg

twins.jpg

I uploaded the girls separately as sims if people want to see their outfits in my studio.

Here is the link to the household: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=656777

Sim Details

Jayne Doublemint
    Traits: Perfectionist, Hot-Headed, Excitable, Artistic, Charismatic
    Lifetime Wish: Master of the Arts

Joan Doublemint
    Traits: Bookworm, Hopeless Romantic, Artistic, Charismatic, Lucky
    Lifetime Wish: Illustrious Author

Joel Doublemint
    Traits: Artistic, Great Kisser, Klepto, Vegetarian, Slob
    Lifetime Wish: Illustrious Author

Jerry Doublemint
    Traits: Handy, Vegetarian, Artistic, Virtuoso, Heavy Sleeper
    Lifetime Wish: Rock Star

Even though they do look exactly alike, I did tweak each of their appearance just a tad bit. Let's see if anyone can tell them apart in game just based on their different traits! :)

Double your flavor... double your fun.. y'all~
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Mine will be finished by tomorrow.
    I made The Mamas and The Papas but they were really hard to do, so I changed them to make their faces a bit more sim-friendly without looking all glitchy and ugly.

Just need to do their other clothes, done all the everyday and then just finish the personalities, make a few last changes. I'll upload them tonight if possible.

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    LOL! Love the Doublemint Twins!

Anyone want to point me in the direction of on of these groovy signatures I've seen going around?

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    MaxCaliforniaMaxCalifornia Posts: 131 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Those doublemint twins look AWESOME! And super super cute. I think i'll download them because they are so adorable :D

I'm working on my family now, and if i get done in time I might volunteer for some others since the celebrities aren't getting snapped up that quickly.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    After several hours of vicious Googling and extreme Wikipedia searching, I finally finished my Mamas and Papas. Now every photo of them looked different, and every description of them was different to the last I read.

So I decided I'd just go ahead and make The Mamas and The Papas the way I wanted to - they are basically the same except for a few facial features and personalities, they have the same names but I thought I'd just go ahead and make up their traits and looks - who knew it was so hard to find information on a 60's rock band!?

Instead of having them all bright and sparkly stand-out-of-the-crowders, I decided to go with a natural kind of look. Just everyday people out enjoying the Summer of Love.

So I present you with, The Mamas and The Papas - Mmyoko style.

screenshot_originaltutsy.jpg

Did the best I could. Keep in mind they aren't uploaded yet, so I'll go in and do a bit of testing-cheats work to give them the right careers, skills, friendships, etc.

- Mmyoko out.

• Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited July 2009
    Love the mama's and papa's the chubby lady is so cute hehe! Im so looking forward to doing a house for this! I hope addict doesnt get eaten by bears :shock:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's why I like Australia, I cant get killed by anything BIGGER than me.
    Anyone watching Master Chef right now, how emotional...

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited July 2009
    Mmyoko wrote:
    That's why I like Australia, I cant get killed by anything BIGGER than me.
    - Mmyoko out.

Rofl

I think it was Terry Pratchett who wrote 'In Austrailia only the sheep arent dangerous...and thats pushing it'
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    He-he. I remember hearing a song by a comedian (forget who) called "Australia - The Deadliest Place in the World"

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited July 2009
    OK i finished Malcolm x. remember addict if you don't like him just say i can make changes. also i could only upload as a household which i hope is ok. it said that Malcolm x already existed and couldn't upload as a sim. so here he his in the flesh so to speak. Malcolm X

http://au.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=659397

here is a pic.
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    (i wish i didn't chose him. his face isn't sims friendly :D )

any comments welcome

P.S. Mmyoko, yes i am watching it but i'm in WA so i think i am behind you.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Nice sim!
    Did you see who won yet?

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi, can I try Joan Baez ? :)
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited July 2009
    no i haven't. i am at the pressure test. and thanx for comment on sim (trying to keep on topic 8) :-o :D )
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    YEY just finished my family! I also finished writing their individual bios, so now I have to upload them + make a story. They are quite cute and have lots of room to grow I think, well the children especially ((one wants to be a cult leader))

mmyoko + peacemaker_ic - I KNEW Julie would win :( I really wanted Poh too. I liked how the judges were all lovely in this show, you know how in most reality/competition shows there is one evil judge.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Brilliant. :shock: I just saved my sims and they moved to the neighbourhood before I exported them.

Is there anyway to export them without having to create them all from scratch again?

EDITED TO ADD:: Phew, I figured it out. You go into Edit Town mode + click on the family ((after moving them into a house/lot)) then you can export them. Pretty obvious, but I'm a *******
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited July 2009
    Brilliant. :shock: I just saved my sims and they moved to the neighbourhood before I exported them.

Is there anyway to export them without having to create them all from scratch again?

Evict them from the house and then save them to your folder. And then upload them. Hope that makes sense. lol
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Evict them from the house and then save them to your folder. And then upload them. Hope that makes sense. lol

haha thanks, i did it a different way though - still worked :D
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited July 2009
    Addict,

I love the concept. I'm no good at making look-a-like sims and all the general ones are gone, but I'd love to do a lot for this project.

Annie
  • Options
    jayemmpeejayemmpee Posts: 85 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Kayllisti - Good work on Capote. I always thought he had a childlike look about him, and I think that came through in your creation.

Anubee - LOVE the Doublemint twins. I think you're very skilled at dressing and designing Sims -- I especially love the ladies' bathing suits! Are Jayne and Joan related to Jerry and Joel?

Mmyoko - I think you did very well with The Mamas and the Papas. I like that they look sort of hippie-like and bohemian, but they don't dress so brightly that their clothes are blinding!

peacemaker_ic - Nice Malcolm! You're right, he has a very interesting and unique face that is hard to translate to the Sims, but I think you did well. It's kind of cute how he looks sad in your picture. We should have thought about adding Sims to the summer of love project who maybe aren't so happy about the social and political trends of the 60s -- sort of like the trolls from gnomelandia. But, I digress. Good work on Malcolm!

Finally, Mmyoko, you can get one of the Summer of Love siggies here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/67898.page
  • Options
    misterbobmisterbob Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Am i allowed to do 25 (Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins)?
  • Options
    HOLLYDOLLYHOLLYDOLLY Posts: 43 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :mrgreen: