Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED...Please post final entries on our "official entries" post.

Comments

• MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Edit from my last post, what I meant is will each family have their own designated house in the town? As in you already know where they're going?

- Mmyoko out.
  • KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I haven't done this kind of challenge before, but I think I get the idea. I'd like to create Harper Lee and Truman Capote if they have not been taken yet (it didn't look as if they had been).

So just clearing it up, the people are due tomorrow and then we will build homes for them next week? Do the same people who made the Sims for the challenge also get to make the lots?

Thanks!
  • transcendentaltreetranscendentaltree Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited July 2009
    I feel like something just isn't right. I know that I can't get hair that is anywhere near accurate, and I can't lower the brow further without getting the slider hack. Can I get a little constructive criticism?

jimmorrisoni.jpg

Photo for comparison:
    jim-morrison.jpg
  • MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ok...

Wider nose.
    More smiley lip (bent up).
    Lower brows.

That's all I can see that need a tad changing.

- Mmyoko out.

• transcendentaltreetranscendentaltree Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited July 2009
    Mmyoko wrote:
    Ok...

Wider nose.
    More smiley lip (bent up).
    Lower brows.

That's all I can see that need a tad changing.

- Mmyoko out.

Well, then I guess I'll have to get the slider hack. I've got the brow as low as possible. Thanks for the pointers. :)
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited July 2009
    hey can i try Malcolm x? her seems the only do-able one for me. if i can't do it i will try but i want to brush up on my sim making abilities. so a malcolm x from the 60's?
  • addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Peacemaker, Malcom X. Got it!
    Kayllisti, Got you for Capote and Lee.

Transcendental, Eyes look great! I've had problems not getting eyebrows low enough ,too. I wonder if change something in the head settings could help with that? Haven't tried it. The only other thing I would maybe try is making the upper lip a little skinnier and the mouth a teeeeeny bit wider. I also like Mmyoko's suggestions of "more smiley," maybe corners up a little?

Mmyoko, yes, we will be housing them all. As far as preference for those who created the sim, I haven't decided yet...

Addict
    edited July 2009
    ok so i started straight away and here is what i got. i would like an opinion. i know of Malcolm X from History but i would like some opinions on how i went with the recreation. i think its coming along but see for yourself:

Screenshot-21.jpg

also don't know whether to do with lots of hair (in comparision) and a goatee like pics i have seen.
    Screenshot-22.jpg

Thanx,

Peacemaker.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited July 2009
    addict1220 wrote:
    Hi, Debra.

We have been talking a little about the project on the Builders' Boulevard site (http://www.buildersboulevard.com). Basically, this will work like the Gnomelandia project about 3 weeks ago with a couple of (hopefully) improvements. On Tuesday evening, you will see a list of over 60 lots for sign-ups to build an entire 'hood themed in the '60s. These families will make up the community there. We are also looking for talented custom content designers to create some patterns for our use as well. These can be uploaded on objects in a lot so we can download them into our games. All creators will be credited.

Hope you might join us! Let me know if you need any other information.

Addict

Great, thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out.
    edited July 2009
    ok so i started straight away and here is what i got. i would like an opinion. i know of Malcolm X from History but i would like some opinions on how i went with the recreation. i think its coming along but see for yourself:

Screenshot-21.jpg

also don't know whether to do with lots of hair (in comparision) and a goatee like pics i have seen.

Thanx,

Peacemaker.

Good job, but you should change his hair color and lighten his skin a bit. Malcolm X was a red head and was fairly light skinned since he was part white.
    edited July 2009
    thanx for the help. it does make it hard with skin colour where most of the photos you find are black and white :D
    edited July 2009
    thanx for the help. it does make it hard with skin colour where most of the photos you find are black and white :D

Exactly. I only know about his hair color and complexion because I read his autobiography. It's hard to tell just by looking at pics.
    edited July 2009
    ok i resorted to wikipedia as a reference for hair colour. it said it was obvious in the summer sun. ok so i have a picture now with a little bit more changes:

Screenshot-24.jpg

just to let anyone know it is very hard to get an auburn red colour with CAS
  • Kit10Kit10 Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2009
    I feel like something just isn't right. I know that I can't get hair that is anywhere near accurate, and I can't lower the brow further without getting the slider hack. Can I get a little constructive criticism?

jimmorrisoni.jpg

Photo for comparison:
    jim-morrison.jpg

Hmmm, I think the nose wider and the tip more pointed down

mouth more kissable (omg jim morrisson was so hot **swooooon***) like pointier at the top lip

cheekbones/jaw line more defined

Great job so far though! I know the hair gave me problems too but you did a good job on his eyes and such, just a bit more definition that's all.
  • Kit10Kit10 Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2009
    ok i resorted to wikipedia as a reference for hair colour. it said it was obvious in the summer sun. ok so i have a picture now with a little bit more changes:

Screenshot-24.jpg

just to let anyone know it is very hard to get an auburn red colour with CAS

I think he looks wonderful! Good job!
    edited July 2009
    thankyou kit10. the only thing i am not happy about is his chin. his actual chin is cleft but in TS3 you can't create a cleft chin like TS2. frustrating :x . oh well :D

also how are we uploading them? as a household or a sim?
  • Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Here's a bohemian hippie family. Heavy on outdoorsy, artistic, musical, and "free love" traits :) Willow and Phoenix Heartwood are the grandparents. Raine Heartwood and his partner Starshine Sky have a son named Juniper Sky. Daydream Heartwood is a teen and is meant to be Raine's sister, but it wouldn't let me make the relationship in CAS. Apparantly elders can't have teen children- who knew?

Enjoy!

ry%3D400
  • KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2009
    They look great KitKat! I had the same problem with my commune family; it wouldn't let me put a teen and young adult as brother and sister. I finally gave in and turned her into a young adult.
  • heyheyhay90210heyheyhay90210 Posts: 276 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If no one has taken Martin Luther King Jr., I will!
  • icrawbeansicrawbeans Posts: 201 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I saw in another post that Addict was camping this weekend--I started a list with completed links on pg 6-- HeyHeyHay, I gave you Dr. King on that one.
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 321 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hey all :D

i picked andy warhol because i thought he would be a easy sim to create, then i realised im generally not good and creating sims at all lol :lol:

but anyway this is my best shot at andy warhol :D

screenshot_original.jpg"Width=600""height=450"
  • jayemmpeejayemmpee Posts: 85 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like your Warhol, weaponX. I'm amazed at how skinny he is. When you make female Sims really skinny, they still seem pretty healthy. This guy looks like a skeleton! It's good though, as Warhol seemed mighty skinny from the pictures I've seen.
  • OneBlueSimOneBlueSim Posts: 117 New Member
    edited July 2009
    OneBlueSim Here: :XD:

Ok, I don't really want to make a sim, sorry. Can I please enter the building side of this project even without a sim to use?
  • Lizajbee1Lizajbee1 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi OneblueSim - You do not need to make a Sim in order to participate in the building. The signup will be posted next week. :)
  • KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I was hoping for some opinions or advice about my Truman Capote. I cannot seem to get his cleft chin and jowls correct...I do have the CAS slider, any ideas how I can get him closer to life?

0000141283-21030L.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg

marilyn_and_truman_2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg