Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA needs to be in base game

Weather
Travel to each town they have
Own as many residential and community lots you want
Open for business in bases seeing as though it was a no show in sims 3 which is something that blows my mind as to why
If you own several residential lots you can rent them or just move from each house
Be able to but farm style lots so you can grow crops and have live stock
A mall
no rabbit holes
None of this buy custom content on the net!!
In the family tree it can see all the family including cousins and step siblings

Comments

• Options
    abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited May 2013
    pinkpanda9 wrote:
    Weather
    Travel to each town they have
    Own as many residential and community lots you want
    Open for business in bases seeing as though it was a no show in sims 3 which is something that blows my mind as to why
    If you own several residential lots you can rent them or just move from each house
    Be able to but farm style lots so you can grow crops and have live stock
    A mall
    no rabbit holes
    None of this buy custom content on the net!!
    In the family tree it can see all the family including cousins and step siblings
    Most of this I agree with, but most likely if they put farming into the game it will be through an expansion, which I can understand. Some people just play the base game so adding stuff like weather to it might not run on their computer.
    As for the buying cc, that's not their doing. There are many sites that give paid cc for free. Just look for them.
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    The base game only has to have the basics and necessities.

- Weather isn't a necessity
    - Business Sim. isn't a necessity
    - Farm Sim. isn't a necessity
    - Renting

Not everyone can handle weather, and not everyone likes it. Same for the other two. They're themes, not basics.

As long as community lots exist properly in The Sims 4 they may be on to a winner. Restaurants, shops, a mall as you have mentioned. EA ruined The Sims 3 with the lack of customisable content. Patterns are nice, but what about building a town, playing your Sims the way you want rather than the way EA wanted you to play them?

The story telling feature that comes up when inside a restaurant completely ruined The Sims 3. It wasn't a simulator game, it was a story telling game.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's actually more of a quest based game with maybe a few rpg elements thrown in, but essentially, the problem with the Sims 3 is that it lacks depth and is strictly focused on young adults and to some extent adults, but there is little love for the other age groups such as babies, toddlers, children, and elders. Therefore it lacks cohesion and more positive interactions between the generations. It's as if the game was built around the young adult with the rest thrown in as an afterthought.

I agree that, while it might be nice to have weather and pets in the game...it would be even nicer to have more objects, more defined and holistic gameplay between the generations, and a more robust game system than what we currently have now. Definitely more interactions and catering to different playing styles. At the same time, I think it's highly unlikely that you'll see travel between towns, although it would be nice to have subhoods, like we had with the Sims 2. Even then, though, the different towns were separate and each had its own set of subhoods.

One thing I *would* like to see in the base game is a University component so our young Sims can go to college, but also allow adults and elders to attend an online college. You know, I like University, but I find myself not using half the features it offers. But I think we should all keep in mind that the base game is the foundation for the rest of the series, and it can't realistically include everything...although it should include hot tubs, diving boards, and pool tables. :)

PS: Oh yes...it's also unrealistic to expect there to be no rabbitholes. *Some of us don't want to have to actually go inside the building when our Sims go to work or school, after all.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    nougatnafnafnougatnafnaf Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pets are a must for me - and cats should be able to gain comfort on all surfaces - so they can nap next to their sim, while they are using the PC f.ex.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2013
    On the subject of pets, I would LOVE it if cats and small dogs could sleep on a bed without taking up a spot. So, for example, a cat sleeping at the bottom of a single bed while the sim is sleeping, or a small dog curled up at the bottom of a double bed occupied by 2 people.

Though I think a large dog would need to take up an actual spot in the bed.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    I doubt they put weather or pets in the base game. It's not really in their best interest those eps sell like wildfire and those are some of the most complicated things to make.

However, I would advise EA to come out with those eps asap. Because, I personally I'm not buying the game until it comes out with weather, Seasons or at least a good way of telling time, interesting community lots and social interactions. Don't give us a vacation or an adventure ep straight off the bat, because they need to make an ep that that's going to expand on the homeworld before first. Then once they have the home world built they can start doing the more exotic stuff.
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited May 2013
    i agree with the last one definitely. EA can easily sort that by saying custom content creators cant force donations for custom content. they break the ToS by doing that actually but cause its a donation and not a purchase they get away with it -.- and it is actually a purchase not a donation cause donation isn't even an option. ToS always seem to miss donations which is a major loophole as you can see. a forced donation is payment not a donation -.-
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    It's actually more of a quest based game with maybe a few rpg elements thrown in, but essentially, the problem with the Sims 3 is that it lacks depth and is strictly focused on young adults and to some extent adults, but there is little love for the other age groups such as babies, toddlers, children, and elders. Therefore it lacks cohesion and more positive interactions between the generations. It's as if the game was built around the young adult with the rest thrown in as an afterthought.

I agree that, while it might be nice to have weather and pets in the game...it would be even nicer to have more objects, more defined and holistic gameplay between the generations, and a more robust game system than what we currently have now. Definitely more interactions and catering to different playing styles. At the same time, I think it's highly unlikely that you'll see travel between towns, although it would be nice to have subhoods, like we had with the Sims 2. Even then, though, the different towns were separate and each had its own set of subhoods.

One thing I *would* like to see in the base game is a University component so our young Sims can go to college, but also allow adults and elders to attend an online college. You know, I like University, but I find myself not using half the features it offers. But I think we should all keep in mind that the base game is the foundation for the rest of the series, and it can't realistically include everything...although it should include hot tubs, diving boards, and pool tables. :)

PS: Oh yes...it's also unrealistic to expect there to be no rabbitholes. *Some of us don't want to have to actually go inside the building when our Sims go to work or school, after all.
    These are all good suggestions and ideas. Now that I think about it, Sims only really interact properly with other Sims in their age group. Babies and toddlers were much better programmed in The Sims 2, but for some reason they were ignored in The Sims 3. I may even go further as to say Elders were more fun in The Sims 2, particularly in The Sims 2 FreeTime, where the hobbies opened up "stereotypical" hobbies for elders, such as sowing, pottery etc.

Young Adults and Adults seem to get all the fun in The Sims 3. It's probably why I got bored of it all and went back to The Sims 2, because families were much more fun to be around.
  • Options
    callen37206callen37206 Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I agree 100%
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited May 2013
    GommeInc wrote:

- Renting

Not everyone can handle weather, and not everyone likes it. Same for the other two. They're themes, not basics.

As long as community lots exist properly in The Sims 4 they may be on to a winner. Restaurants, shops, a mall as you have mentioned. EA ruined The Sims 3 with the lack of customisable content. Patterns are nice, but what about building a town, playing your Sims the way you want rather than the way EA wanted you to play them?

The story telling feature that comes up when inside a restaurant completely ruined The Sims 3. It wasn't a simulator game, it was a story telling game.
    im sorry but i disagree with 'not everyone can handle weather' statement. If your pc cant handle weather, get more ram. Its that simple. If it still doesn't work smoothly, then return that ancient thing back to the museum and buy a new pc. Pc spec requirements aren't going to get less. So if you want to stay with an out dated pc dont expect others to do that too. Im just speaking in general though.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think weather will be in the base game, but I do hope that it will be one of the first EPs because it changes the whole climate (heh heh) of gameplay and affects everything and every "world" and object released afterwards. Weather is so basic to daily living that it should be released early and not later in the series.
  • Options
    Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    edited May 2013
    What the base game should have/keep:

- Gardening
    - Fishing
    - Ghosts
    - Fun stuff for the kids, like an arcade, and everyday park stuff like swings and slides.
    - Ability to build treehouses and glass-walled greenhouses with solar lamps.
    - No rabbitholes, especially for the prison.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sc3niX wrote:
    If your pc cant handle weather, get more ram. Its that simple. If it still doesn't work smoothly, then return that ancient thing back to the museum and buy a new pc.

Although I agree with your general idea, I don't get what you meant by this. If it was that easy to just go out and buy one, we would have a lot less problems on these forums. Money doesn't grown on trees and isn't "simple" at all.
  • Options
    Heatherb596Heatherb596 Posts: 94 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the key thing for me in the base game is the actual life stages and how they interact. The current game I'm playing has a complete family but I'm only playing the sons who have moved out (and in together) so they rarely see mum,dad,sister,uncle. It's also annoying having to lose wishes etc. if you want to swap families.

I'd like better playing of all but young adults/adults which get all of the attention. I also think family members should keep a minimum amount of relationship even if they don't get on.

I'd prefer fewer rabbit holes and like someone mentioned on a diff thread it'd be great to have the option of visiting workplaces or just having them as rabbit holes.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think anyone has to worry about weather or pets being in base game. Not only do not all people want weather or pets, but EA knows what their cash cows are. These two expansions make them a great deal of money. Plus, they get more time and resources to fully flesh them out, when they are left on their own.

I know it's hard going from an edition of the game that has everything, to one that has very little. That's why I'm glad I'll still have TS3 and all expansions to play if I do decide to move on.
  • Options
    soto74soto74 Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    I love the idea of farming but as an expansion. Same with weather, pets and so on. I like having just the base game and then being able to choose what expansions I get (though I own them all) not that I play them all, but I like having the choice. I hate the rabbit holes so that really needs to go. I miss being able to go to the store try on the clothes and decide whether to buy or not. (simoleons) so that would be fun having a mall or a shop. Also, would love to see the babies a bit more realistic. More interactions with both the babies and the toddlers. But these are just my opinions. Happy Simming everyone! :D
  • Options
    matiazmatiaz Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:
    If your pc cant handle weather, get more ram. Its that simple. If it still doesn't work smoothly, then return that ancient thing back to the museum and buy a new pc.

Although I agree with your general idea, I don't get what you meant by this. If it was that easy to just go out and buy one, we would have a lot less problems on these forums. Money doesn't grown on trees and isn't "simple" at all.

In my opinion, EA should not have to worry bout players computers and what they can handle.
    Just bring on the high end graphics and photo-realistic sims, if your ancient computer cant handle that, well, boohoo for you, buy a new computer and take a step to the present or just keep playing the old versions.
    All im saying is that, that players outdated computers should not be an obstacle to the development of games.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to get rid of most rabbit holes. I don't mean follow them to work, since I think that gets tedious and difficult when you have multiple Sims in a household, but I want my Sims to actually go shopping for clothes and groceries, like in Sims 2. Same with restaurants and clubs.

Dating. Having real dates and special interactions for those dates.

I want to be able to place plots of land where I want them, also like in Sims 2. Then we can build or drop buildings that fit on them.

• Options
    leeaneleeane Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If EA were to make the specs too high then that would eliminate casual gamers who don't want to spend high amounts of money on a gaming computer just to play a game and since I imagine a high percentage of sims buyers are only casual as appose to playing all the time they would be very stupid to ignore the needs of their consumer
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2013
    matiaz wrote:
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

In my opinion, EA should not have to worry bout players computers and what they can handle.
    Just bring on the high end graphics and photo-realistic sims, if your ancient computer cant handle that, well, boohoo for you, buy a new computer and take a step to the present or just keep playing the old versions.
    All im saying is that, that players outdated computers should not be an obstacle to the development of games.

Great way for EA to lose money. How many people would buy an entire computer for 1 game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CursedDice wrote:
    matiaz wrote:
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

Great way for EA to lose money. How many people would buy an entire computer for 1 game

No. Ea will also lose money if the graphics stayed the same just cause other people cry about having a bad computer. Graphics is only going to get better, so why must other people with good computers suffer cause other people dont want to upgrade their outdated pc? You're foolish if you think that pc you bought 4 years ago is still going to be good enough for a few years. It will for old games, not the new ones.
  • Options
    FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree rabbitholes are a no go.

Here are my wish for the Base Game

1.Centurian stage- A stage if your sim is at least 100 sim days old
    2.No Rabbitholes
    3.Cause of death are Old Age (Centurians only ), Starvation, Bruned to death, Electircution,Drowning,Simpox and Simplauge.
    4.Keep the swim to the ocean ability
    5.World Catergories- Rual ( Framing community ), Sub Urban, Big City,Super City
    6.Create a world Feature
    7.Hight Bar, in CAS

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    matiaz wrote:

This reminds me of something that Marie Antoinette never actually said, even though legend says she did: When told that the peasants in Paris were starving for lack of bread, Her Majesty replied: "Well, let them eat cake."

So, this little cavalier attitude may be very well for someone who is either lucky enough to work full time or lives with mommy and daddy and whose parents indulge him by buying him/her a new computer every year....but for the majority of us, it's a slap in the face.

"Aw, your computer can't handle the Sims 4? Tough bananas. Get with the program and go out and buy a new one. And too bad if you can't afford it. Then don't bother buying the Sims 4, just keep on with the Sims 3, but since what *I* want is more important than what *you* want, peasant, EA needs to cater to *me* and to heck with the rest of you."

Honestly...that's exactly how I interpret this type of arrogant and mindless drivel.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sc3niX wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:

- Renting

im sorry but i disagree with 'not everyone can handle weather' statement. If your pc cant handle weather, get more ram. Its that simple. If it still doesn't work smoothly, then return that ancient thing back to the museum and buy a new pc. Pc spec requirements aren't going to get less. So if you want to stay with an out dated pc dont expect others to do that too. Im just speaking in general though.
    I agree. I don't think it's fair to make a statement like that because that's basically holding the series back. My laptop can handle a lot from TS3 so I don't have the experience of trouble like that. It makes no sense to dub down extra features just because some people's system can't handle it. What about the people who can? Stuff like Pets, Weather, etc should be expected by now. It's been extras as EPs since the first Sims. It's time to freshen the ideas and create EPs and SPs that aren't recycled from the previous games. I don't wanna see Sims 4: Seasons or Sims 4: Pets. It's very annoying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    matiaz wrote:

This reminds me of something that Marie Antoinette never actually said, even though legend says she did: When told that the peasants in Paris were starving for lack of bread, Her Majesty replied: "Well, let them eat cake."

So, this little cavalier attitude may be very well for someone who is either lucky enough to work full time or lives with mommy and daddy and whose parents indulge him by buying him/her a new computer every year....but for the majority of us, it's a slap in the face.

"Aw, your computer can't handle the Sims 4? Tough bananas. Get with the program and go out and buy a new one. And too bad if you can't afford it. Then don't bother buying the Sims 4, just keep on with the Sims 3, but since what *I* want is more important than what *you* want, peasant, EA needs to cater to *me* and to heck with the rest of you."

Honestly...that's exactly how I interpret this type of arrogant and mindless drivel.

its not arrogant at all. Im not trying to be rude, but technology isnt going to stand still just because your system cant handle the latest graphics. Its only going to get worse and worse for you to keep up with the latest technology if you stay with one system for years. Trust me i know how it feels to have a bad pc, i had the same one for years, and eventually i stopped buying games and saved that money for a new pc.

I feel bad for the people who cant buy new pc's. But dont blame the people who can for your bad pcs. We had to pay money for a better one so we have the right to ask for a game for great graphics.

'saying i cant afford a new one is all right' but don't expect technology to wait for you to improve your system, it wont.