Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

your expectations for The Sims 4 franchise?

so i must admit i am pretty excited from this announcement!
i know many of us are not ready to move on, but everything is progressing and it is about time for the next step in The Sims.
with technology constantly improving and games coming our with increased graphics, the Sims 3 was starting to lack in those areas, so i am VERY VERY excited by this announcement.

as far as my expectations go, here is a small list of some of the things i would like to see The Sims 4 introduce!

- Pet's in the BASE game! i hate having to wait years for the release of an EP, for something that is so crucial in game, i would struggle starting a new sims franchise and having to wait ages for Pet's again.
Pets.jpg

- Weather in the BASE game! pretty much for the same reasons as above, it is such a needed aspect in the sims, i can't imagine playing without it again.
Seasons-makeup.jpg

- Larger Worlds/Neighborhoods. The neighborhoods we have now are quite small, and get boring pretty quickly, i want something a little bigger with more appeal.

- Travel between worlds! By this i mean, being able to travel between worlds, as in real life, not one whole family lives in the same town, so being able to travel between the towns to visit other family is much more realistic!
qantas_plane.jpg

- More Body Morphing Options in CAS. Now i know we did have a pretty good bunch of options in the Sims 3, but a long with a lot of simmer's i would love to see a height slider, (i know it won't be easy and all the animation an such but hey we are moving into the future!), also more options with the body, as in some area's bigger than other's, not everyone who has a belly is fat everywhere else! i myself am slim in some areas, but i have a few bumps... i would love to be able to make me with more accuracy!
FS_Height_Comparison_no_1_by_Discombobulates.png

- The Growth of Grass! Now i know this is something small, but i have always wanted to make my Daddy Sims mow the lawn.. haha
lawn%20mowing.jpg

- More jobs and oppertunities! So in the Sims 3 when we send our sim to a career, it is a strict line within that feild we follow, so in the end all our sims in the health career end up world class surgeons! I would like to see more options within the jobs fields, so for example, start a career with the same position, and as you progress you can pick between a few different positions as you get promotions, so maybe instead of going down the surgical path, you head down the path of being a GP? get what i mean?
Allied-Health-Careers.jpg

- No grid in Build Buy! Being able to put anything or any objects of furniture anywhere! without any rules!
divider-screen-modern-room.jpg

Now i could go on forever, but i will stop here for a bit and give you guys a chance to tell me what you want to see :)

At the end of the day i am very excited by this announcement!

Comments

• DizanaXODizanaXO Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I love your idea about the grass and switching between worlds!!

Check out some of my ideas here --> http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675365.page#10743827

• bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    my link below in my siggy, we didnt get it in ts3, i want it in ts4. :P
  • fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited May 2013
    DizanaXO - i love your idea about the decades thing! that would be amazing and the of being to see things froms the sims point of view :)

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to the ability to travel between worlds in the first EP, and a height slider in the base game. :D
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    My expectations? That installing the game doesn't create a risk of spontaneous human combustion. I'll set more once I learn more about it :P
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've found that the most enjoyable simming I get out of TS3 is when I'm creating a story to share with others. My stories are not pure fiction. They evolve out of what happens while playing the game.

In translating my sim experience from the game and embellishing with story on the forum, the characters take on so much more life that I can really get into them while playing.

I don't know how EA can go about doing it, but that feeling needs to come from playing the game. The sims need to take on more life. Our sims need to feel more alive than they do in TS3.

Your idea about free placing of objects in the game, you do that by holding down the shift key. It lets you place objects without grid restrictions.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I've found that the most enjoyable simming I get out of TS3 is when I'm creating a story to share with others. My stories are not pure fiction. They evolve out of what happens while playing the game.

In translating my sim experience from the game and embellishing with story on the forum, the characters take on so much more life that I can really get into them while playing.

I don't know how EA can go about doing it, but that feeling needs to come from playing the game. The sims need to take on more life. Our sims need to feel more alive than they do in TS3.

I agree with this very very much! i am a big story teller on these forums... i find myself taking a heap of screenshots in game, then coming on the forums to turn them into a story with pictures, i get more excited viewing my own screenshots and stories than i do actually playing with my sims!
  • lukypalms54lukypalms54 Posts: 303 Member
    edited May 2013
    I cannot stress the height slider enough ! I'm a really tall lady so it's really weird to make a simself who is Pettitte
    in other wishes for the sims 4 i need more challenge !! I want their to be issues with my sims life i want them to be able to live like real life but with the sims touch making it still a cartoon .. now i know some may not want this but i want occult sims in base game but have an option to turn it off .. i mean what would the sims be without a little magic and blood suckers. xD
  • comicsopoliscomicsopolis Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I really like the idea of the Sim4 I knew at some point EA was going to come out with, But still I feel it's a bit too soon. Sims 3 has been out only for three years, I still haven't got the chance to play Seasons, and University! And the thought of starting all over again...Oy-Vey...
  • lukypalms54lukypalms54 Posts: 303 Member
    edited May 2013
    :oops: Excuse my spelling mistake i was supposed to say there instead of their opps
    edited May 2013
    I cannot stress the height slider enough ! I'm a really tall lady so it's really weird to make a simself who is Pettitte
    in other wishes for the sims 4 i need more challenge !! I want their to be issues with my sims life i want them to be able to live like real life but with the sims touch making it still a cartoon .. now i know some may not want this but i want occult sims in base game but have an option to turn it off .. i mean what would the sims be without a little magic and blood suckers. xD

i agree with this! i need more challenge! even little things like maybe my sim gets laid off from work, something unexpected you know? and maybe have the option to turn that on and off so when i want to play a game where everything is perfect i can.
    edited May 2013
    anymore ideas :)
  • kirstybloodlust7kirstybloodlust7 Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2013
    I read in a few other threads of having a seemless WORLD. That every EP loads up a new section to the world. I loved that idea. Now, I know the strain that could put on some computers, HOWEVER, they could be activated by moving there, and they stay off in the distance while you play a certain area, you know?

Also, I'd love for all the business type things to have a business park or something. It's annoying having family go all over the town for work >_> But a business park could create NEW jobs!
    edited May 2013
    i like that idea of a seemless world.... :)

• Hunter_JinHunter_Jin Posts: 175
    edited May 2013
    I was hoping height slider and physics like free moving hair, clothes, and skirts. Hopefully they can improve Pets as I almost find them boring. I mean, so what if your dog can learn how to sit or do tricks when there's no competition for pets at all? Also with improve graphics because honestly, Sims 2 Pets appearance were so much cuter than Sims 3 Pets.
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think that the Sims 4 has the chance to be really amazing.

I just hope that they don't turn it into a re-branded Sims 3.

With each new generation of Sims they have pushed the boundaries and I really hope that they do this with the Sims 4.

My Sims 3 game just got to where I wanted it. I finally have pets, weather and university. I don't want to start from scratch again.

Come on EA the teaser photo looks amazing! Bring us a game that we can't wait to get our hands on.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • mysterymarkmysterymark Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    I. Personally have A LOT of ideas, I'll just name a couple for now.

I want to be able to view my sim working on the job. If you pick a career like doctor, super spy, teacher, etc.. You always see them go into the building at their workplace, yet you never get to see them perform their job. It would also be cool to have the ability to do their job at their workplace.

(This idea is still kind of on the idea of work) For actors, singers, acrobats, etc.. I would like to be able to do so much more with their careers. Like a singer modeling in magazines and bill boards. Or have some kind of option while your actor or actress is acting in a scene to portray it in a certain way. For Example, your actor/actress is doing a serious scene. you click on your sim, go to the bubble that might say "acting" and then choose from a variety of different ways to approach the scene, like click on a bubble that says comedic, or romantic, serious, dramatic, etc..., and as they reach higher in their careers you see them on Their TV at home doing a music video, or a movie or a commercial, or appear in a series, or be in their own show.

For create-a-sim I would love to be able to make my sims own hairstyle however I want. Now I know that may sound like a long shot, but if it is at all possible. that would be amazing. I would also like to see more realistic body proportions, including a height slider, a butt slider (LOL I know saying it does sound stupid, but really that would be cool.

This will sound like; and probably will be, a lot of work, but I would really love to see my sims talk in english as well as have the option to learn other languages. However this isn't a huge one on my priority list, but it would be interesting.

That's as much that I'll relay as of now because I realize I'm rambling your time away. But what are your thoughts?
    edited May 2013
    I. Personally have A LOT of ideas, I'll just name a couple for now.

I want to be able to view my sim working on the job. If you pick a career like doctor, super spy, teacher, etc.. You always see them go into the building at their workplace, yet you never get to see them perform their job. It would also be cool to have the ability to do their job at their workplace.

(This idea is still kind of on the idea of work) For actors, singers, acrobats, etc.. I would like to be able to do so much more with their careers. Like a singer modeling in magazines and bill boards. Or have some kind of option while your actor or actress is acting in a scene to portray it in a certain way. For Example, your actor/actress is doing a serious scene. you click on your sim, go to the bubble that might say "acting" and then choose from a variety of different ways to approach the scene, like click on a bubble that says comedic, or romantic, serious, dramatic, etc..., and as they reach higher in their careers you see them on Their TV at home doing a music video, or a movie or a commercial, or appear in a series, or be in their own show.

For create-a-sim I would love to be able to make my sims own hairstyle however I want. Now I know that may sound like a long shot, but if it is at all possible. that would be amazing. I would also like to see more realistic body proportions, including a height slider, a butt slider (LOL I know saying it does sound stupid, but really that would be cool.

This will sound like; and probably will be, a lot of work, but I would really love to see my sims talk in english as well as have the option to learn other languages. However this isn't a huge one on my priority list, but it would be interesting.

That's as much that I'll relay as of now because I realize I'm rambling your time away. But what are your thoughts?

i love the hairstyle idea!!!
  • Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited May 2013
    These are my expectations:

1. Better graphics! I want them to look more realistic but at the same time still a little cartoonish. I just want the sims to look really nice with good textures ( no pudding faces this time EA )without looking like something that's going to pop out of my screen and kill me. I don't know the best way to describe it, so just look up the game Tera. The faces look nice without looking like pudding.

2. Better animations! I think most games could use this. I think the problem is that game developers try to make the graphics and gameplay so good that they forget that some of their animations look the the characters are made out of cardboard.

3. Less rabbitholes! I understand why they made rabbitholes, but some of them were just unnecessary. Like restaurants and hospitals, really EA? I can understand some of them, I know I wouldn't be entertained watching my sim sit a cubicle for 8 hours, nor would I be excited to see my sim inspect oranges at the grocery store. I'm still fine with having them, just less please.

4. No more limbless babies! Do I really have to say more than that?

Yeah, that's all I can think of right now. I can't wait to see more about the Sims 4!
  • WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really would love the Sims 4 to have modern furniture, like outide swinging chairs that hang from the ceiling, or round bed or lounges, just, modern. I want to be able to play around with cabinets in the kitchen, make them to be rounded out, instead of having to use mods to do all that, it should be in the game. Basically I'm asking for the furniture to look like what is in one of the fake online videos of the Sims 4 that is virusing on youtube, I think its spose to be an archetect's video, it has some sort of train type vehicle moving in it aswell as cars parking and movingin and out of the driveways, theres people playing soccer in it aswell, so, yeah, I would just love it if there was updated and improved build/buy modes and furniture, also new furniture for the babies room, instead of buying the change table from the store, it comes in the base game. Thats just some of what I would like for them to include in the game. :mrgreen:
  • zackyvisawesomezackyvisawesome Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    I would love it if there were to be few to no rabbit holes. They are quite annoying, because you can't see what your sims are doing. Adding a pre teen life stage would be a nice addition to the game. Also, it would be nice to have weather, pets, and a couple of different life states to choose from, for the fantasy lovers, from the beginning. When I think of moving to the next generation of the Sims, I do not envision cartoon characters, but sims that will look even more realistic than the sims from The Sims 3. In addition, this generation should not merely copy expansion packs from the previous generations. Some of the ideas should transfer, but I would think that a new series means having a completely different experience. This should mean having completely new life states never done before, new locations to explore, and much more. If the The Sims 4 just copies previous games, people will probably not transfer over entirely. Overall, The Sims 4 needs to offer new and innovative ideas to keep simmers excited and willing to play the new game. (If the sims really do look like the screenshot, I myself, will most likely stick with The Sims 3. It is just disappointing to see the sims in a dumbed down, unrealistic version.)
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    The ability to skip the Grid like buy mode press and hold ALT to move objects freely
    edited May 2013
    everyone has great idea's...
    i hope EA/Maxis are reading ;)
    edited May 2013
    it's so obvious i can't beleive i forgot it!!!!

actually having our sims get into their cars! not just appear!
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Sims Studio is always exceeding expectations, I have no doubt they will exceed our expectations on what will become. I really hope they do stand by their statement of ' celebrating the heart and soul of the Sims themselves' and create more realistic options that enable us to create a sim that best suites us. :):):)

Points to consider:
    - Weather and Pets in base game
    - Bigger Worlds
    - Better, realistic graphics
    - Multi-tasking
    - More options in CAS and Build/Buy
    Aussie_Simmer