Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AWESOME TS4 IDEAS!

Hey there, long time Sims gamer Diana here.

I don't know if I'm going a bit too in depth, but here are a list of things that I have always wanted to see in the Sims:

1. A new "view." You can track your sim as if you are God looking down at them, but what I have always wanted was a view at eye level. This way you can see the world through the eyes of your sim and walk around freely with the arrows instead of clicking "go here."

2. A way to switch between active households quickly and efficiently while in-game. I hate when I have raised an entire family just to see a child off. I'd like to still control all sims by switching between households easily.

3. New sliders for lengths of hair (which will have to be cut and styled), and basically anything else--not just the face. And hats to be placed on top of your desired hairstyle, not one that just comes with the hat.

4. Hobbys such as guitar and painting that are interactive. I really wish I could help my sim write a song like on a basic (sim-version) of garage band, or paint their picture as if on microsoft paint.

5. To have basic everyday things such as weather, laundry, pets, buying groceries (like, if I don't have eggs, they shouldn't magically appear in my fridge), new career branches (and please can we get Open for Business back... owning your own store and selling your own creations in it was probably the best thing about Sims 2), swimming in oceans (and lakes too this time!) all to be included in the bass game.

6. More unique interactions between all people that only appear at given times. If my sim is angry, I don't want "make a silly face" to even be an option. I think sims should unlock interations based on their own traits, how far the relationship is, and their mood. And please, more invitations and interactions from others.

7. And finally, instead of different neighbourhoods, what if there were different time periods you could play the normal Sims game in (such as 1920s, 1950s and so on)? I know this one is a long shot but I think it'd be able to see the world progress through the decades.

These are just some MAJOR ideas I've always had. Can't say they will be in the game, but a girl can dream.

WHAT ARE YOUR IDEAS??

I'm very eager to hear what Sims players like myself (who have been gaming since Sims 1) are itching for in this new game! Post below!

<3

Comments

• xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited May 2013
    I LOVE your ideas! Especially #1,2,3,5, & definitely 7 for my legacy family :D
  • Sim2Kid405Sim2Kid405 Posts: 205 Member
    edited May 2013
    It be nice if they can just update the sims3 to the sims 4 and just add new ideas and stuff so they don't have to repeat stuff like, season's, pets, and so on, this way what ever you got in the sims 3 it can be played in the sims 4.
  • olivia_0019olivia_0019 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sim2Kid405 wrote:
    It be nice if they can just update the sims3 to the sims 4 and just add new ideas and stuff so they don't have to repeat stuff like, season's, pets, and so on, this way what ever you got in the sims 3 it can be played in the sims 4.

OMG THAT WOULD BE AWESOME SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO START BACK OVER COMPLETELY.
  • olivia_0019olivia_0019 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2013
    DizanaXO wrote:

I don't know if I'm going a bit too in depth, but here are a list of things that I have always wanted to see in the Sims:

1. A new "view." You can track your sim as if you are God looking down at them, but what I have always wanted was a view at eye level. This way you can see the world through the eyes of your sim and walk around freely with the arrows instead of clicking "go here."

2. A way to switch between active households quickly and efficiently while in-game. I hate when I have raised an entire family just to see a child off. I'd like to still control all sims by switching between households easily.

3. New sliders for lengths of hair (which will have to be cut and styled), and basically anything else--not just the face. And hats to be placed on top of your desired hairstyle, not one that just comes with the hat.

4. Hobbys such as guitar and painting that are interactive. I really wish I could help my sim write a song like on a basic (sim-version) of garage band, or paint their picture as if on microsoft paint.

5. To have basic everyday things such as weather, laundry, pets, buying groceries (like, if I don't have eggs, they shouldn't magically appear in my fridge), new career branches (and please can we get Open for Business back... owning your own store and selling your own creations in it was probably the best thing about Sims 2), swimming in oceans (and lakes too this time!) all to be included in the bass game.

6. More unique interactions between all people that only appear at given times. If my sim is angry, I don't want "make a silly face" to even be an option. I think sims should unlock interations based on their own traits, how far the relationship is, and their mood. And please, more invitations and interactions from others.

7. And finally, instead of different neighbourhoods, what if there were different time periods you could play the normal Sims game in (such as 1920s, 1950s and so on)? I know this one is a long shot but I think it'd be able to see the world progress through the decades.

These are just some MAJOR ideas I've always had. Can't say they will be in the game, but a girl can dream.

WHAT ARE YOUR IDEAS??

I'm very eager to hear what Sims players like myself (who have been gaming since Sims 1) are itching for in this new game! Post below!

<3

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE :mrgreen: SAID....
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like these ideas ^^
  • Rose3193Rose3193 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I LOVE you're ideas! especially 3 and 7.
  • Emmy04Emmy04 Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    I love love LOVE your ideas DizanaXO, especially the interactive hobbies and unlocking interactions based on traits and emotions!

For me, I miss a few things that appeared in pervious games. I don't remember which ones, they're way too long ago, but I remember it was on XBox or maybe Game Cube :P There was the recipe book with the ability to put four ingredients together and unlock a recipe/create your own, that was really fun!

There was also the layering option, the ability to have underwear, first layers like tee shirts and leggings/pants, and then top layers like different shirts, coats and pants.

Then there were weird sliders, I believe they were for separate body parts but again I have the memory of a goldfish and this was when I was like 10 >.< But I'd really like the ability for body part sliders as well as height sliders, it wasn't really possible with the animation in TS3, so I'm hoping maybe they'll be doing animations differently.

Also, why the hell does it take the sims so long to do everything? You tell them to sit down/go here/do this and it takes them 2 hours!! >.<

Other than that, I'm just really hoping that they're being completely honest when they say it's going to focus on sims and interactions. I don't want a limit on traits, I don't want to get bored and start a new game every time I play because there's nothing left to do,I don't want my sims to have nothing left to do. I didn't get bored with TS2...
    edited May 2013
    I forgot, someone else posted a forum like this and said about having more options for the careers. Like for the doctor, they can choose to become a nurse, a GP,or vet as opposed to just a surgeon. I'd like to have pastry chefs, laywers, football, soccer and basketball players just name a few, and town mayors/treasurers instead of just leader of the free world.
  • luckycrth91luckycrth91 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013
    The idea of adding on to TS3.

I have to disagree with this. TS3 is so overwhelmed as it is now...it was designed to run on 32 bit systems, not 64 bit systems. On top of that, with every new release of The Sims, 1,2,3...there are major changes in graphics. TS3 is good, but it could be better.

And it's here that I feel that TS4 is more suitable. Starting over may sound difficult, though if Maxis could put some of the EP content into the base game (basic things)...it might not be hard to start over.
  • Chris3423131Chris3423131 Posts: 384 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want to see more customization for sims in general. I want a height slider, I know they can easily do it. Other games have it.

I also love the idea of being able to cut and style hair.

I would also like to see gradual aging.
  • KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see curved staicases,and walls. Maybe have a click and drag option on them to shape them how you want. Also would like to see
    adjustable platforms that we can make any size and raised or lowerd however much we want. These would be used to make sunken rooms in your
    houses.

As for the towns, I would like to see us be able to put lots anywhere
    on the map where we can then flaten the area and put houses on the lot.
    Also would be nice if we could add in or remove roads.

Would also like to see really good town/story progression that the mod allows, in the game so we dont need the mod anymore.

While it would be fun to have your sim in a online town with other players sims. I do not want to have to be connected to the internet to be able to play,

• NadineLovesShawnNadineLovesShawn Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Emmy04 wrote:
    For me, I miss a few things that appeared in pervious games. I don't remember which ones, they're way too long ago, but I remember it was on XBox or maybe Game Cube :P There was the recipe book with the ability to put four ingredients together and unlock a recipe/create your own, that was really fun!

There was also the layering option, the ability to have underwear, first layers like tee shirts and leggings/pants, and then top layers like different shirts, coats and pants.
    quote]

That was The Game Cube Version for The Sims 2 All those things were awesome! I loved making random recipes lol
  • Rosey662Rosey662 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi Everyone,
    It would be cool to have sliders for hair lengths and styles like Diana said. But it would be cool if the sims hair grew over time, like it did in Castaway. Also, with men their facial hair could grow, and maybe they could be able to shave. Just a thought.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agree with all of these suggestions.

I very much doubt I will get Sims 4 unless it has at least half of the ideas proposed in the threads in this board.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great ideas! :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    ~Onesies for the babies. Don't just leave them in diapers (or bundled). Being able to change them- buy the outfits first and then change them on a changing table. :D
  • realmonstersrealmonsters Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    I know they said they aren't going to make the core of the game online, but it would be SO awesome if they let someone else enter your world via the internet like you would on minecraft to play with you.

And to simply have weather in the base game, what's life without it? Boring :)

I also agree with the one who said we should have sliders on more features other than just the face.

Travel to different towns and owning more than one property, like how they're going to allow you to own an island property along with the normal house. And being able to switch house holds quickly would be superb.
  • DailycrumbDailycrumb Posts: 286 New Member
    edited May 2013
    DizanaXO wrote:

WHAT ARE YOUR IDEAS??

<3

I don't really understand your 7 but I think it could be like the new Simcity with different towns all connected but all with the time moving the same in each city. So like if all of the neighbourhoods in sims 3 were connected. And sims could visit and move to the other neighbourhoods by car or boat.

your number 6 i actually think WILL be in sims 4
  • gamerchick2566gamerchick2566 Posts: 76 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like #1,3,5 and 6
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    Separate accessories, like hats, and all accessories should be layerable--clothing, too. I imagine a catalogue of items and the ability to drag and drop clothing and accessories onto your Sim.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope they keep the story progression but improve upon it. I like to only play one family per world so to have little Johnny become an Elder before his parents is not good.
    edited May 2013

That was The Game Cube Version for The Sims 2 All those things were awesome! I loved making random recipes lol

Thank you NadineLovesShawn! I couldn't for the life of me remember! They were brilliant weren't they? I so miss making strange recipes and forcing my sims to eat them. I'd love to be able to put frog legs and apples in spaghetti XD In game of course... O.o
  • HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see some sort of banking element thrown in. Where we could save money for that vacation or expensive piece of furniture. It could be expanded on even for say when sims retire. If you put some money in an IRA or something than you get extra money after retirement, or you gamble with the stock market and make it rich or lose everything. I think it would be alot of fun :D
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• katiestanhopekatiestanhope Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2013
    All of your ideas are really good, the only one I wouldn't want is the moving sims with arrows part.. I find it much easier to click where they go but thats just me :)
  • KaneAnbondKaneAnbond Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    Honestly my only major wants are proper modding support, and giving us something to actually DO with collectibles. Let us become blacksmiths! Let us get jewelry made! Let us become entomologists or something! What's the point of gems and metals and bugs and space rocks if all we get is a few potions, a few opportunities, and nothing else except display or selling?