Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did Sims 4 announcement change your hype for IP?

Anyone pondering if they should get IP or sims 4 cause I honestly believe the announcement of sims 4 changed the hype for IP. I'm not even sure which to get now.

Comments

• mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes and no. I'm excited to see the release of The Sims 4, but then I need something to please my hunger for the release of TS4! I'll be getting IP and that'll probably be my last EP.

I've already shelled out $300+ for EPs & SPs so I think this Expansion will be my last until The Sims 4!
  • adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nope! I'm still wanting Island Paradise AND the Future EP.
  • neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm still looking forward to IP, TS4 (and that will just be a bare bones base game probably) is still a whole year away. Even if you bought TS4 on release day there would still be plenty of time to enjoy IP. A lot of sim players aren't just going to jump ship from TS3 to TS4 immediately, there are still plenty of people out there that play TS2!
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm not buying IP now. I was so excited for it, but now that Sims 4 is coming out and sounds like what the Sims 3 should've been, I don't feel like buying a game I'll only play for a year and then chuck when I start playing the new installment in the series.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2013
    adventfear wrote:
    Nope! I'm still wanting Island Paradise AND the Future EP.

Ditto!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • xixeatxcrayonsxxixeatxcrayonsx Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2013
    No way! I'm still super psyched for IP! I can't wait! I really wish they'd release more info on it, they haven't said too much about the EP I want to know more darn it! xD
  • PlyrOwnerPlyrOwner Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2013
    No it didn't, why? because the sims 4 is coming out next year so we have plenty of time to enjoy the expansion packs and stuff packs and extras that come our way. Sure people will want to pre-order the sims 4 right away while some people wait,because they can because it won't be for preoder until next year! So SIMMERS! dont fret enjoy sims 3 as long as you want. You dont have to buy sims 4 right away!
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, actually. I'm still gonna buy IP though!
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited May 2013
    Of course I'm still getting Island Paradise! I'm not going to stop playing sims 3 when sims 4 comes out. That would be a waste of money.
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been interested in the slightest for the Island paradise expansion, but I will get it just to complete my collection.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nope, not at all.
  • SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Not for me. :D I need something to have fun with while I wait & I like collecting the eps.
  • katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    edited May 2013
    What's Island Paradise again? xD I am stoked for the Sims 4 the IP hype will catch up to me again though... soon. O.O
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2013
    No cause I will be getting both.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    TS4 is probably over a year away and there isn't any mandate saying we have to buy it immediately when it comes out. I don't see why it should change my opinion on IP.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nope, I'm still just as excited for it today as I was yesterday.
    34336_s.gif
  • bobo17bobo17 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think University Life is the last one I want of the Sims 3. I'm ready for TS4 :D
  • olivia_0019olivia_0019 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2013
    At first I felt like that but then I remembered mermaids and ts4 isn't gonna be for a while. I got started with Sims when it was block handed digital people lol I think i'm a lifer... :mrgreen: Now I'm super excited for both but def. not gonna waste my money on any more stuff after IP... :?
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    OR??
    why cant i get both?
  • VadeilVadeil Posts: 312 Member
    edited May 2013
    nope sims 4 will be boring for the first year or two.
  • lebronjeslebronjes Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I was already hesitant on getting IP before sims 4 was announced (my computer is crapping out).

Now, I'm just gonna focus on what I have now, maybe work on getting all the badges to keep me from getting bored or overly excited for sims 4.

the next chunk of money will be going towards a new computer to handle everything sims 4!
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nope!

We have a good year left, and I will be playing IP even after TS4 comes out! I'm not sure about Time Travel, but I'll give it a try.

• katiebcatkatiebcat Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Im not planning on getting sims 4 right away, ill wait for them to bundle such as base and an expandsion pack or even a stuff pack.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not one bit. I still plan to get IP, and DV and most likely any other S3 packs that come along. :D
  • AnyahsAnyahs Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2013
    At first I was irritated that they were already releasing 4 and was like "nope." Heck, there are still a handful of things they could do for 3 which they have passed over. However, the more I think about the posibilities, the more I want it. I will still buy the next (and possibly the last given the reviews)EP along with the Dragon Valley world/stuff pack.

I want mermaids.

I want whatever other life-form we get from the last one.

I think they did alot of experimenting with 3 to prepare for 4... the sims game we all wanted 3 to be.The open neighborhood was just a stepping stone to a world view where we slowly add neighborhoods we can visit/move to without losing relationships (I hope at least). Bringing in Horses this time around and adding a chicken coop in the store might be preparing us for a possible farm EP. They know what failed and what was a sucess for 3, so maybe they will take the ones that passed the awesome EP meter and expand on them.