Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which eps make the game feel complete?

There are certain eps I need to make the game feel complete, I'm not asking what are your favorites, I just want to know games do you need to make the game feel like its not missing something.

For me its:

1. Seasons, the game does seem real without weather and the seasons are great way to keep track of time. I'm promising myself that I will not buy the game until they make a seasons expansion.
2. Nightlife, although I wasn't completely happy with LN. I'd like to see restaurants. The nightclubs would be great if the sims would actually show up, and because they're only open for such a short period of time that I never get finish what I started. But, the sims need something to do outside the house for the game to feel real.
3. Ambitions and Generations are about equal. Ambitions give sims something to do, and generations make sims gave the sims new interactions. These things made the game feel more real.

So, I guess what I'm saying is without these things the game does feel real, so I'm hesitant to buy the game until I can have these things. (Weather, Seasons, Interesting Community lots, meaningful work, and rich social interactions.)

Comments

• Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    I honestly thought it was complete in the base game. However, there are expansions that I simply couldn't uninstall like SN and....actually, maybe SN is the only one I couldn't uninstall. The others I mainly keep for one or two features. Such as LN and ST's CASsets and Ambitions' Twinbrook.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    Seasons. Which is why it shouldn't be an Expansion Pack.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    1 & 2 - Seasons and Pets. It may not be a tie for everyone, as not everyone likes animals in their games, but for me it's a complete tie.
    3. Night Life/Late Night - something where Sims can go out and par-Tee! Get their dance on and boogie down and do the smustle. Truthfully combining some of the fame concept of Superstar and Showtime would be smart this go around.
    4. Open For Business - Work is part of life. For those that play realism many of us wanted to be able to run our own business. Sadly, the lack of this is why Sims 3 will never feel like a complete game.
    5. Generations though really this should be included in the base game. It shouldn't have had to be an EP at all. :?

Slightly behind these five is a vacations (you work hard, you play hard!) and university. As much as I wasn't a fan of University I do understand why it makes the game complete. And for those who really like the magic and fantasy - A Makin' Magic/Supernatural.

Everything else is, IMO, fun but not necessary.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    @Sam_Is_Great, I agree that SN definitely livened up my game, and it's definitely one of my favorites. I didn't list it because the game can feel complete without it. It's kind of more like icing than cake. :)
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2013
    barisaxy wrote:
    Seasons. Which is why it shouldn't be an Expansion Pack.

This.
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    1 & 2 - Seasons and Pets. It may not be a tie for everyone, as not everyone likes animals in their games, but for me it's a complete tie.
    3. Night Life/Late Night - something where Sims can go out and par-Tee! Get their dance on and boogie down and do the smustle. Truthfully combining some of the fame concept of Superstar and Showtime would be smart this go around.
    4. Open For Business - Work is part of life. For those that play realism many of us wanted to be able to run our own business. Sadly, the lack of this is why Sims 3 will never feel like a complete game.
    5. Generations though really this should be included in the base game. It shouldn't have had to be an EP at all. :?

Slightly behind these five is a vacations (you work hard, you play hard!) and university. As much as I wasn't a fan of University I do understand why it makes the game complete. And for those who really like the magic and fantasy - A Makin' Magic/Supernatural.

Everything else is, IMO, fun but not necessary.

I agree with about everything you said, especially about generations coming with the base game I think that's probably why I was scratching my head when I got the basegame wondering what was missing. To me, the game feels complete without pets but I really like having horses, tend to ignore my cats and dogs when I have them. But, I feel like game should make everyone happy and people really like pets.

I would love to see s3 sims own a business, it adds so much dimension to the game when you can do stuff like have one sim work for another sim. I loved OFB.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    I need them all.

I could go without World Adventures, but I like Nectar Making and I like Simfu.
    I could go without Showtime, but it completes Late Night for me. The two should have been one large EP.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • StarrfoxxStarrfoxx Posts: 147 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Seasons, Pets, and something that gives us decent community lots with no rabbit holes.
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    @Sam_Is_Great, I agree that SN definitely livened up my game, and it's definitely one of my favorites. I didn't list it because the game can feel complete without it. It's kind of more like icing than cake. :)

Yeah, they're all really icing for me though. But SN is just the icing in a victoria sponge cake for me. :lol:
  • StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited May 2013
    It's a life simulator game... so the packs that actually simulate life, because they're things we see in our every day life.

So...

Pets
    Seasons
    Hobbies (free-time, though they have spread out a bunch of free-time hobbies through-out the Sims 3, I would still like things like the ballet bar and car restoration)
    Careers (ambitions, ofb)
    Packs involving family and friends (generations)
    Vacations (Bon Voyage, Island Paraside)

This is why TS2 feels so complete. Because not only did it cover all the basics of life, but objects like the ticket thing in TS2 allowed your sims to get paid for ANY type of business. Or the sub-hoods which allows you different neighborhoods in the same town/city. The possibilities are endless, unlike in The Sims 3 where the worlds are small and the objects are limited.
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

Yeah, they're all really icing for me though. But SN is just the icing in a victoria sponge cake for me. :lol:

I was really glad that they brought Supernatural out so early. For the first time the game was actually addictive. I was addicted to s1 and s2 from the beginning, but I was not addicted to s3 until I could have supernatural sims.
    edited May 2013
    Staruna wrote:
    It's a life simulator game... so the packs that actually simulate life, because they're things we see in our every day life.

So...

Pets
    Seasons
    Hobbies (free-time, though they have spread out a bunch of free-time hobbies through-out the Sims 3, I would still like things like the ballet bar and car restoration)
    Careers (ambitions, ofb)
    Packs involving family and friends (generations)
    Vacations (Bon Voyage, Island Paraside)

This is why TS2 feels so complete. Because not only did it cover all the basics of life, but objects like the ticket thing in TS2 allowed your sims to get paid for ANY type of business. Or the sub-hoods which allows you different neighborhoods in the same town/city. The possibilities are endless, unlike in The Sims 3 where the worlds are small and the objects are limited.

I miss the ticket machine, LOL. Especially for my royal sims, because castles were like a revolving door for people during medieval times (probably still are) so there was always a new face visiting the king made sense. That might be why I don't enjoy playing royals as much as I used to.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    Decor and CAS wise I need them all, other things I could live with out. I could never live without WA building wise and debug items when I build I use WA a lot! but I could easily never do the adventures themselves. I'd hate to lose my hidden culture traits but I could probably do with out the worlds as long as I can build the Asian style houses still.

And I kind of feel the same way with other expansions build and buy I need it all CAS is a 2nd. Expansions I liked the most was WA for build and Buy and hidden culture trait I love my sims eat with chopsticks! Supernatural I love it all, Season I love the weather, meh the season themselves. You get the idea.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think the EPs that fleshed out the game and made it more complete were:
    Seasons
    Generations
    Pets
    Ambitions
  • loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pets, Seasons, and Supernatural are probably my favorite and most used expansions. Though I really like all the new kid interactions with generations.
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I argee that Generations,Pets and Seasons should be added to the base game and for God's sake please add more interactions for the family and more and I do mean more clothes,hairstyles,and shoes for the kids,teens,and elderly. :thumbup:
  • LeahRainbowDropsLeahRainbowDrops Posts: 292
    edited May 2013
    If the base game for sims 4 doesn't have these in it then im not buying it.

If it's this "all new and better base game" then these shouldn't be expansions, they should be already in the base game IMO, whats the point in making it just like TS3?

If they do make EP's for TS4, it shouldn't be simple basic stuff like weather and nightlife etc And IMO Pets should be in the base game too.

Ep's should be things like holidays or a castaway, things that aren't basic.

But who knows, they will do whatever for money and i wont be suprised if they milk it till even the low IQ individuals start noticing that if TS4 is going to be good, things like these are required for a base game anyways :)
  • RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited May 2013
    Generations. Wouldn't be able to play if I un-installed it. And of course Seasons; since constant sun gets kinda boring.
    I hope with TS4 they'll also add AL to the base game; best EP and I miss it so much in TS3 (the LN/UL apartments are nothing in comparison). :roll:
  • Christian531Christian531 Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    I think that Sims 4 should already have Seasons in it... let's be real. :roll:

I definitely think that Late Night, Generations, Ambitions, and University are the expansion packs that I need to make the game feel more realistic. :mrgreen:

Side Note: I think that it is going to be weird for me to go from a complete game (Sims 3) to a game that is just starting (Sims 4). Nonetheless, I think the transition will be interesting. 8) :wink: