Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDEAS for Expansions/Expansions we need in TS4

It feels kinda weird typing "TS4"! Oh my gosh, I can't believe this has already come! We all knew it was gonna happen eventually, but wow! The years went by fast. So obviously the first thing we're gonna start getting are idea threads that detail every simmer's wishlist of sorts as to what content they wanna see in The Sims 4. Basically, I think we need to just list what we want in the base game as well as expansion pack ideas that we feel needed to be added to the newest installment in the Sims franchise.

So here's what I think EA needs to include:

Base Game
-The world should be something like Sunset Valley; beachy, fun and family-friendly all in one. There are rows of houses along the streets and awesome hangouts for everyone across the map.
-Simple weather, such as rain, clouds and sun. Obviously, the changing seasons should come in a later expansion pack but still be worth the $40 pricetag it'll get when it is released.
-Open restaurants, but still have closed schools, work places and other miscellaneous locations. Why? I feel like seeing everything about your Sim would require way too much work and development that could be spent polishing the game and making it that much better.
-The same customization we got in The Sims 3, like patterns and such. Everything can be customized, too! Why not make the fire alarm a cool flame pattern?
-Babies, sans burrito blanket. Nuff said.
-Much better family options, like a neater family tree and relation system.
-Attraction system returns!
-TS2 style aging upon choice.
-Basically all of the new options we got throughout the series, like custom life span and blueprint mode, uploaded into the base game.
-New age stages: Baby, Toddler, Child, Pre-Teen, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Young Elder, Elder. Obviously the new ones are Pre-Teen and Young Elder, but the names could change.
-Better and more graceful aging.

Expansion Pack Ideas

-Something along the lines of Ambitions and Open for Business together. (Homecrafts?)
-Makin' Magic, Late Night and Supernatural EP together (After Dark?)
-Generations and Teen Life stuff into an EP, possibly with more wide family options like an expanded adoption system (choose basic details, like age, gender, one trait) and functional daycare centers.
-University, Seasons and World Adventures/Island Paradise make re-appearances
-Farming EP (maybe put with Ambitions, OFB EP)

Add any ideas of your own to the list :)

Comments

• IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow, I actually agree with most of what you said! Only exception: No new life stages and/or gradual aging, but a more beautiful/ natural looking elder age would be nice. Of course, just my opinion, but if they haven't fixed the lack- content problems the devs have posted about before, I don't want the to mess it up in TS4.
  • KawaiidulceKawaiidulce Posts: 716 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    Wow, I actually agree with most of what you said! Only exception: No new life stages and/or gradual aging, but a more beautiful/ natural looking elder age would be nice. Of course, just my opinion, but if they haven't fixed the lack- content problems the devs have posted about before, I don't want the to mess it up in TS4.

I also agree that elders should look more natural looking, but I want them to age gracefully. Same with the gap between child and teen. We really just need those two gaps fixed and basically everything else would be fine when it comes to the aging of our Sims. Maybe making the age stages have more equal definitions between Child-Teen and Adult-Elder? I hate how old the elders look! Especially when they have young kids, having had them right before turning into elders. Imagine a grandparent: that's how elders should look.