Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From This Side of the Fence

Thanks for getting this forum up so quickly, gurus.

I've decided that I'm not going to be negative about TS4. I've posted a gazillion times how I have "no intention" of moving to the next generation of The Sims. I LOVE TS3. There are some things I'd like to see added before the series ends, but I'm very happy with my game (and excited about all the things to come in the next few months). But my game is heavily Twallen-modded--there's no way I could play the game without these mods. So it doesn't matter to me if TS4 has an open world because I already have that. There are probably 30 things I couldn't live without that I already have. The bar is higher for me.

I've been with this game from TS1, buying very nearly everything--upgraded to a gaming computer for. this. game. I'm not going to do that again. Ain't happenin'. I'll Just play TS3.

I want to sort of hang out in this forum, though, from the beginning, and see if EA/Maxis/whatever can jump over my bar. I'd LOVE to have my socks knocked off. I'd LOVE to be sitting here a year from now, pre-ordering TS4.

We'll see. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. Either way is cool with me, really--a lot of people are going to have a blast playing TS4.

I'm a hopeful person, and SimGuruHydra's "introductory post" gave me hope.

SGH wrote:

Q: What do the eyes in the image mean?
A: They say that the eyes are the window into the soul. Let’s just say that these eyes are a window into the future of The Sims 4. Stay tuned for more!

What if those disappointing, rubbery, texture-less "Sim eyes" are looking at the next generation of supremely awesome Sims?

Well, it's a thought.

So greetings to all. I hope to get to know some of you! :)

:)-peace

Comments

• SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm kind of in agreement with you. I am happy to know that TS4 is not going to be a constant online game and that gives me hope. Still, it's going to take a lot more than that to make me want to start all over again.

I want to see all life stages get equal treatment. I want the charm back. I want to actually see my sims emotions instead of reading about them. So far, what they have said points to this, but I still need to see way more before I can fully decide.
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    We have had a lot of good news about Sims 4 today, but its still going to be a long time before its anywhere as near as complete a game as Sims 3 is now. Do you remember how basic Sims 3 was in the beginning?

Sims 4 will be like that to start with, but I think that the store content will be much more apparent than it was when Sims 3 came out, so I think there will be more options to make it more interesting right from the start.

Twallen has done an amazing job of keeping Sims 3 playable and it will be very sad if he hangs up his modding hat with Sims 4 (as he has stated), I just dont know how I will cope without his mods! So even though I am very excited about Sims 4, I dont think I will be giving up on Sims 3 anytime soon.
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    I'm kind of in agreement with you. I am happy to know that TS4 is not going to be a constant online game and that gives me hope. Still, it's going to take a lot more than that to make me want to start all over again.

I want to see all life stages get equal treatment. I want the charm back. I want to actually see my sims emotions instead of reading about them. So far, what they have said points to this, but I still need to see way more before I can fully decide.

You're right about life stages, SimMommy05. I don't want to miss a year of my Sim's life. I want incremental aging that's time-lapsed--does that make sense? They age fully from newborn to elder and it's so gradual you don't notice it right away. A very natural transition. THAT would be mind-blowing to me. Haha
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    I want the charm back. I want to actually see my sims emotions instead of reading about them.

This. :)