Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please keep the same Maxis charm!

This is one of my favorite parts of the sims, I don't want this to go away from the sims with age. Please let us still be wonderfully immature with this game. I want absurdity to stay with the series.
And it has to be a little more mature. I would love to see funny political criticisms in the game. :XD:
Anyone feel the same?

Comments

• WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2013
    Considering this game was announced by Maxis and not EA (same company I know, but they understand the difference it makes ;)), I think we are to expect just the charm we know and love. At least, that is, I hope so as well!

--Wibble :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope the devs working on this game have a very good sense of humor! I miss the humor from TS1 and TS2.

I hope the next game isn't so politcally correct..I mean if someone trips and falls doesn't most people laugh..even a little?

In this game, it seems players were upset if you even suggested something like that. I know I laughed anytime my Sim got fried in the others games!

They aren't real..nor people..nor pets..they are Sims..let there be H.U.M.O.R.!!! And Crude Humor again!!

It's gone missing in this game, and I would like to see it in the next!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    I liked the mixture of silly, amusing charm, and the more adult feel of sims 2, compared to how sims 3 has been. I hope that they bring back a little more of the grown up elements from past sims.

I liked how they often pushed the teen rating in sims 2, I'd like to see that make a return, though I'm aware the ESRB appears to have become a real pain in the backside over the last few years. I remember them forcing Obsidian to black out the Warlock armor in NWN2, because it showed a little bit of cleavage on female characters :roll:

I'd love to see fears make a return to sims 4, and just this morning, I've seen a couple of musings about how cartoony these new sims look, from the small picture.
    While it looks like a render to me, if thats what the sims are going to look like... I don't find it too bad.
    I was thinking about it the other night actually, and in sims 2 I often made my sims looks somewhat geared more towards realism.
    At first, I was appalled by the cartoony look of the sims in Sims 3, but since then, I've grown to love that style actually ( I take back some of the mean things I said about my cute little pudding faces )

Anyhow, ontopic - Charm and whimsy ! I hope it stays with the upcoming generation of Sims.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pary wrote:
    I liked the mixture of silly, amusing charm, and the more adult feel of sims 2, compared to how sims 3 has been. I hope that they bring back a little more of the grown up elements from past sims.

I liked how they often pushed the teen rating in sims 2, I'd like to see that make a return, though I'm aware the ESRB appears to have become a real pain in the backside over the last few years. I remember them forcing Obsidian to black out the Warlock armor in NWN2, because it showed a little bit of cleavage on female characters :roll:

I'd love to see fears make a return to sims 4, and just this morning, I've seen a couple of musings about how cartoony these new sims look, from the small picture.
    While it looks like a render to me, if thats what the sims are going to look like... I don't find it too bad.
    I was thinking about it the other night actually, and in sims 2 I often made my sims looks somewhat geared more towards realism.
    At first, I was appalled by the cartoony look of the sims in Sims 3, but since then, I've grown to love that style actually ( I take back some of the mean things I said about my cute little pudding faces )

Anyhow, ontopic - Charm and whimsy ! I hope it stays with the upcoming generation of Sims.

I so agree.
    Especially about the cartoony looks. I think our sims need to look cartoony, but in a sophisticated way. Not too cartoony, or it will look like simcity, which, yuck.
  • macthekat82macthekat82 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2013
    Agreed - lets have tons of odd humor - I loved the sad clown in sims 2 - I miss my sims having nervous break downs very now and then. Also... more lamas, less bunnies :P
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also... more lamas, less bunnies :P

Oh yeah! Definitely. :XD: I'm sick of the freezer bunny. It just reminds me of KPST.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    I miss when sims were poor, that they would go and panhandle for simoleons. Also, when they were depressed, the psychoanalyst would vist them. They would dance with the mop sometimes, and when they were lonely, they'd get a visit from the social bunny.

I miss all that stuff ! I wish we'd had it in TS3.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    edited May 2013
    Considering this game was announced by Maxis and not EA (same company I know, but they understand the difference it makes ;)), I think we are to expect just the charm we know and love. At least, that is, I hope so as well!

--Wibble :)

really? this is didnt know! i feel like we already have a good start to TS4 if this is true!!
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully the old Maxis/Sims 2 charm will come through so we can ignore what happened with The Sims 3. I won't be pre-ordering The Sims 4, I will wait until it is out for a few months/years before getting it.

Also, don't get your hopes up because "Maxis" announced it. They're still EA. Do not be fooled by the wolf in sheep's clothing.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like playing free will and I miss the funnies and absolutely priceless moments that happen in Sims 2. I would be playing a bit and while waiting on one member of the household to skill or something I will see another member do something stupid that leaves me in stitches and another do something that leaves me saying aww. I want that back.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.