Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curved Walls (And other build mode things!)

12346...Next

Comments

• Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2013
    Please, more roofing options so that making a roof isn't as frustrating as it is now.

Fantastic idea! I know there have been tears shed in pursuit of the roof I want....

Also I like the idea of cabinets that are used- have some with clear doors so you can put stuff in them- lots of CC sites have these.
  • SimTeenRMSimTeenRM Posts: 200 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure if everyone will know what I mean when I say this, but it's always been a dream of mine to have some Pocket Doors in The Sims. These are doors which slide into the wall. Traditionally, they are found in older homes. There are many modern adaptations of this concept too. FordCivilWarRmPocketDoors.JPGpocket_3.jpgpocket-door.jpgcustom_pocket_doors_2.jpg
    It might not be possilbe (or necessarily practical), but I'd love to have some. They're a great space-saver too. I'd also love to see more types of french doors (the glass double-doors, like what we were given in TS3 Supernatural) available.

Edit!
    Can't believe I forgot to include windowseats, porch-swings, and screen porch options! *facepalm* :(
    Always Remember to Smile =)
  • gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yes to curve walls. I would like glass brick walls too. I had CC glass walls in Sims 2 but have not found on 3.
    If they are working more on the Sims I really do not see a difference in Sims action...they all act the same way...work on a real difference in their actions.

Back to build have matching windows...doors...stairs etc. You have to go to CC to match now...if player can make it so can EA. Thanks!
  • simgrassalidalesimgrassalidale Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Curved walls
    Spiral staircases that can be enclosed by those walls
    Choice of wall thicknesses
    Windows that can be adjusted in size and height.
    Working letter boxes in doors or walls to replace mailboxes if we wish.
    Wall mounted mailboxes.

Terraced houses
    More decorative architectural features to add to the outdoor walls
    Retaining walls for use on steep slopes.
    Multiple roof textures on one lot.
    Roof decorations, a choice of finials, ridges, etc
    Recolourable chimneys with a choice of chimney caps and pots.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty sure the things I'll mention have already been mentioned before lol.

I would just like to build without having to use a cheat or whatever *someone stated this already in the thread*

I would also love doggie/cat doors within the actual human door *someone already stated this and I thought it was a really good idea, can you imagine the funny animation from a burglar trying to fit through to rob your home if he/she has the dumb trait or something lol*

I've asking for curved walls forever because I believe it would give our homes a more distinct look and could be fun.

Also I hope they fix the way trees are, I kinda of hate the fact that trees go through my home lol.

Being able to create a depth to your pool instead of just having the default depth.

More stair options.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited June 2013
    Flabaliki wrote:
    Hey there,
    Some of you may know me as TheSimSupply from YouTube (http://youtube.com/TheSimSupply)
    I'm one of the community members invited to be in close relation to EA during The Sims 4 in the upcoming months.

I just want to say, I am going to fight for curved walls with all my might! (That's assuming they aren't already in the game).

Let me know what you guys want to see in build me, what tools, what features!

~TheSimSupply

I would really like for Sims to have middle names, to have family inside the town, closets please, and flat roofs.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited June 2013
    Flabaliki wrote:
    Hey there,
    Some of you may know me as TheSimSupply from YouTube (http://youtube.com/TheSimSupply)
    I'm one of the community members invited to be in close relation to EA during The Sims 4 in the upcoming months.

I just want to say, I am going to fight for curved walls with all my might! (That's assuming they aren't already in the game).

Let me know what you guys want to see in build me, what tools, what features!

~TheSimSupply

I would really like for Sims to have middle names, to have family inside the town, closets please, and flat roofs, and those doors that slid open and closed through the wall. I have some family who have a house like that.
  • lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited October 2013
    Don't forget to make Sims4 totally moddable.

This is where I worry. I really do hope that it will be moddable.

Let's see:
    Curved walls would be nice, but it's not going to happe(it has already been revealed to us that we won't have curved walls),
    L and U shaped stairs,
    Different levels of foundations in a build.

• lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited October 2013
    I would love if they made it so doors and windows won't snap. Like i hate when I'm building and I can't place a door directly in the middle of the wall without adding making the room bigger. know what i mean?

Yup...I know what ya mean. I hate this, too.