Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curved Walls (And other build mode things!)

Comments

• DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited May 2013
    :O

CURVED
    walls
    ceilings
    stairs
    windows (on curved walls)

...... :shock: <3!!!

if it was true ^^
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited May 2013
    The ability to make split-level homes without having to distort walls. I would like to see the mansard roofs from Mansions and Garden Stuff. Connect garages to houses without distorting walls. Make cars functional so we have a reason to build a garage. Bring back gardening.
  • EmmaLeigh17EmmaLeigh17 Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see more windows and doors that match for a start! Them windows always give me trouble :P
  • n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd like them to pay attention on how certain animations play out when started by sims of different genders. It's annoying to see a tank of a guy jump into the arms of a skinny woman; or have the woman twirl the guy around during slow dancing.
  • LaspyraLaspyra Posts: 597 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping for curved walls, floors and other things as well. I also am hoping for more matching sets. Windows that match the front door and interior doors. I don't know why, but that drives me crazy when I can't find a matching door or window. Plus, I would LOVE it if they add some nice curtains that actually fit windows in the correct way.
  • loridorloridor Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Small windows which can be installed in a partially exposed basement.

Basements/foundations of varying heights.

Matching window and door sets, which include many different sizes of the same window.

Part of the above: double windows and doors centered on 3 tiles, as well as on 2 tiles. Same with double windows. And single windows centered on 2 tiles.

This is probably not possible: maybe even have windows that are single tile but not centered on the tile.

The stage for building split staircases.

Curved walls, curved grand staircases which can fit the walls, and windows which can be placed on curved walls.

Mansard roof and window pieces.

All sorts of geegaws and bits to do proper Queen Ann Victorian houses. AKA gingerbread trim.

Recolorable roofs, roof trims, chimneys, etc.

Plenty of porch column options, as well as matching fencing and staircase railings.

Since we're in build/buy, also please more realistic trees, especially fruiting trees.
  • FlabalikiFlabaliki Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2013
    Really good ideas you guys are putting forward!
    I don't know when / how we'll communicate with the team, but I'm definitely making a list of things that you want to see and what I would like to see, so hopefully our voices will be heard more than ever before :)

#PowerToThePeople
    Proud Australian Simmer & YouTuber! http://youtube.com/TheSimSupply
  • WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'd love for Wall Height Sliders to work with all Wall Décor, as well as windows and curtains etc.

If you don't mind, I'm going to forward this thread to DNA (Request Team) tomorrow, so they can add their input. :)

Thank you ever so much for considering us in the development. What is the word the devs are using... "Yidsum"? Hehe :D

--Wibble :)
  • bermudapandabermudapanda Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    SPLIT LEVEL HOMES!
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am not a builder for Sims 1 to 3 as I don't enjoy or there are too many options to pick. But, for Sims 4, I will try. It'd be nice and great to have many options. I think it states Build/Buy will be something different and new along with CAS? Can't wait about that!
  • NasBasBNasBasB Posts: 8 New Member
    edited May 2013
    better loading times, curved walls, split walls that can join full walls, over head showers or waterfall showers, create our own blueprints, easier camera controls while recording, built in world creator ( no extra downloading and updating), weather and pets at the beginning would be nice of them. They should allow people who create custom content (such as for TSR or MTS2) upload it to the exchange.
  • MidnightSky78MidnightSky78 Posts: 83 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd really like to have:

Curved walls, fences, floors, etc.
    Spiral, L-shaped, and U-shaped stairs
    Vaulted and cathedral ceilings (that ceiling lights can be placed on correctly!)
    Skylights
    Ceiling beams with joists
    anddddddd
    Glass roofs, walls, and ceilings!
  • macthekat82macthekat82 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2013
    Smaller tiles (if they keep tiles)more half wall options
    easier split levels so you don't get a migraine trying to make them
    better basements (please)
    More control over roofs - more options on how fare they stick out over the edge of the house, the ability to have a slopped roof that is longer than it is wide... etc.
    Stilted foundations in the basegame, and better foundations in general
    More shapes of staircases - love the spiral stairs - but some options with that fits the walls of a room would be nice (square spiral stairs)

My two cents from LivingSims Magazine
  • emilylouwho2emilylouwho2 Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Yes!!! Curved walls!!!! They're so cruel, aren't they? Giving us rounded roves and never, not once giving us rounded walls!?!? Pure evil they are!!! Pure evil!!!
  • xixeatxcrayonsxxixeatxcrayonsx Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would love if they made it so doors and windows won't snap. Like i hate when I'm building and I can't place a door directly in the middle of the wall without adding making the room bigger. know what i mean?
  • macthekat82macthekat82 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2013
    - chimneys should be recolourable! It is sooo annoying when they do not match the rest of a great house you just build.
    - Sets of windows and doors that match in style with at least a large, medium and small window and one door in each set. So you can actually do a house with matching windows in the basegame.
    - More simple modern options for doors and windows (read minimalism not LED lighted)
    - Better lighting in two story rooms! They are a pain to get to match as it is right now
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited May 2013
    Throwing my vote in for:

curved walls
    L shaped stairs
    don't touch customization. :lol:
    families who recognize each other from random sims.
    when sims are mad at each other, let them. This slapping faces then asking how their day went just does not make any sense.
    better romantic interactions...not the watered down makeouts sims 3 has now. :roll:

Um, I think that about covers my thoughts. :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for carrying our ideas to EA. :-)

Typos
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • mshants42mshants42 Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be cool to have some new community buildings like a bank, post office or gas station!

From The Sims 2, trimming Plants and being able to hire a gardener.

More options for take-out besides pizza.

Height slider in CAS!

More interactions with family members.

Always more build options! Curved walls, wood beams, curved and L shaped stairs, I would really like pull down stairs for an attic.

Working ceiling fans and opening windows.
  • Ozzy_girlOzzy_girl Posts: 26 New Member
    edited May 2013
    :D The comments here about curved walls stairs are great and I agree...what I would like to add is separate roof types...we need to have a verandah roof type that joins at the corner like the cabinets do. I love to make houses with verandahs on all sides, then be able to put a different roof type above the house section. I get frustrated that the roofs/wall coverings/textures that are on the pre-made lots in Worlds are not there in build mode...just look at the community lots in Sunlit tides..the "thatching" roof tiles are NOT the same..! :roll:

Can we have Basements usable as Garages..??? I would like to be able to have my houses not have to be double story to park the cars under but have the Sims drive into the partly exposed basement...

And please more MATCHING doors/windows...chairs/tables...couches/arm chairs...beds/side tables/dressers/wardrobes...wall/floor coverings ...grouped accordingly of course..! :wink:
  • nightvyxennightvyxen Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2013
    Flabaliki wrote:
    Hey there,
    Some of you may know me as TheSimSupply from YouTube (http://youtube.com/TheSimSupply)
    I'm one of the community members invited to be in close relation to EA during The Sims 4 in the upcoming months.

I just want to say, I am going to fight for curved walls with all my might! (That's assuming they aren't already in the game).

Let me know what you guys want to see in build me, what tools, what features!

~TheSimSupply

With such walls Please add Sweeping stairs to this too. Like they had in Sims2 mansion and garden maybe better =D It's all about being posh isn't it =D
  • indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want curved walls and floors.

I want re-colorable chimneys and roofs. No. I want everything to be re-colorable, no matter what it is--like a tree, or the knobs on my stove.

I want things to be alive and grow. Bring back the gardener's and give us some lawn mowers--the old clunky one with rotary blades, a push mower, a riding mower. Who knows? Build up to a tractor so we can REALLY farm.
    edited May 2013
    Laspyra wrote:
    I'm hoping for curved walls, floors and other things as well. I also am hoping for more matching sets. Windows that match the front door and interior doors. I don't know why, but that drives me crazy when I can't find a matching door or window. Plus, I would LOVE it if they add some nice curtains that actually fit windows in the correct way.

YES. Full building sets, down to arches and columns and fences and gates. Same thing in Buy Mode. When I put a reading chair in my bedroom, I want it to match the bed frame.
    edited May 2013
    WOW. There are some really good ideas on this thread.
  • Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2013
    Curved walls would be terrific! I agree with the moveable windows too, I'll find the perfect style of window, but it won't work because it is either too high, or too low, or...

I also agree with indyChick on recolorable stuff, lol, you can't have enough recolorable things!
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • CloroxcleanCloroxclean Posts: 148 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love your videos by the way, but I was going to say that I would love basements that were slightly above ground so they could have windows, and my most wanted thing would be sweeping staircases. Oh and may I add spiral staircases in the base game, not an expansion.
    New Sims 4 Houses All the Time
    Working on It!