Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that TS4 is Announced...

Is it worth it to continue to buy store items, the remaining two EPs, and the last SP? The EPs and SP I can deal with but I am worried about the store items going poof.

Comments

• BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Store stuff will eventually go poof as you stated. We lost store stuff to Sims 2 so you should make a back up which is what I have for my Sims 2 and my Sims 3 but I don't think I have a save of The Original Sims but I still own all of my games The Original, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    Why not? there's still another year to go. Though I'll probably still be playing this game (alongside TS4) at this point in TS4's lifetime, like I do with TS2 now, so I guess I will have a different opinion on this than someone who will be solely playing TS4.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, get all what you want from Store and back them up.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also, when the store goes down, it won't uninstall anything from your game. But, if anything happens, it's goo to back up your stuff.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it's worth buying stuff still, depending on what you're going to do afterwards. Your store purchases won't go poof so long as you are sensible and back them up.
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm still going to buy store stuff and the last expansions for TS3, since I will still be playing after TS4 comes out. If I do decide to move on, I know the base game alone will be boring after a bit.

Plus, we still have a year before TS4 even releases.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited May 2013
    I still play TS2 sometimes so I'm sure I'll continue to play TS3 for years. Am planning on buying Island Paradise for sure! As others have said, just be sure to back up your storebought items.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's worth it if you love TS3. It's not worth it if you aren't really into TS3 and don't buy everything that is pumped out.

There are two groups in TS3, maybe more, those that love TS3 and play everyday, and buy everything. All Store sets, all premium content, and every EP and SP.

Then there are those that returned to TS3 after a few years to see if any of the EPs were worth our trouble. Some were, some aren't.

The second group may not buy anymore Store stuff, especially, if they don't play TS3 everyday..nor care if any new stuff comes out..unless it is huge...like a way to make an open venue restaurant for TS3. :mrgreen:

And may buy IP since it is really something different for the Sim experience (houseboats) but might pass up the last EP..it depends.

I don't see it as a year away. If they are holding a major get together for TS4 fansites in Aug. then it means TS4 is just about finished..and we should probably see it the first of next year..within the first 6 months of 2014.

They never hype up players years away from the release date...they must have something to show, and if they sit on it too long interests wans..so does excitement. That is why I think if you want to play TS3 and not get TS4 you should buy everything you want within this year or early next year...because it's my gut feeling TS4 is coming early next year.

ETA: I was excited for TS3..ran out and got it the first day, but loved TS2 and bought everything except back then I was very against pay to play Store items..for extra. In this game, there really isn't a choice..what should have been in EPs are in the Store..and it kind of forces you to get it..since it goes so well with some of the EPs etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    It's worth it if you love TS3. It's not worth it if you aren't really into TS3 and don't buy everything that is pumped out.

There are two groups in TS3, maybe more, those that love TS3 and play everyday, and buy everything. All Store sets, all premium content, and every EP and SP.

Then there are those that returned to TS3 after a few years to see if any of the EPs were worth our trouble. Some were, some aren't.

The second group may not buy anymore Store stuff, especially, if they don't play TS3 everyday..nor care if any new stuff comes out..unless it is huge...like a way to make an open venue restaurant for TS3. :mrgreen:

And may buy IP since it is really something different for the Sim experience (houseboats) but might pass up the last EP..it depends.

I don't see it as a year away. If they are holding a major get together for TS4 fansites in Aug. then it means TS4 is just about finished..and we should probably see it the first of next year..within the first 6 months of 2013.

They never hype up players years away from the release date...they must have something to show, and if they sit on it too long interests wans..so does excitement. That is why I think if you want to play TS3 and not get TS4 you should buy everything you want within this year or early next year...because it's my gut feeling TS4 is coming early next year.

I wonder why my thread was moved from GD to here. It is not ideas nor feedback. It is a general question about the game.

I think I will probably spend my Simpoints and buy the EPs because depending on how bland the base game is, I won't buy TS4 right away unless there is a really cool preorder. Once you back up your stuff if your user id and login no longer work, won't you have to download a crack?