Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT'S OFFICIAL!

Comments

• coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2013
    Well that sounds very promising and should allay a lot of fears. Where did you find that?

I found it from 'SimS' fan page on Facebook who were part of the teleconference
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited May 2013
    coocoosim wrote:
    UPDATE;

"The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans."

Fear no more- the game will remain offline!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not massively excited, but then I always manage to come to the party a bit late. I didn't switch from Sims1 to 2 till had been out over a year, switching to Sims3 took even longer, I immediately bought the base game but it bored me to death. Sims 3 didn't become that interesting to me till it had been out several years and had some decent eps. I'm sure I'll be just the same with Sims4 and might come to love it in about five years time :)
  • neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    Link to sims 4 announcement where they mention the offline part for anyone who's interested.

http://simsvip.com/2013/05/06/maxis-announces-the-sims-4-pc-mac-2014/#respond-sys
  • KimberleyKimberley Posts: 392 Member
    edited May 2013
    neon_wild wrote:
    Link to sims 4 announcement where they mention the offline part for anyone who's interested.

http://simsvip.com/2013/05/06/maxis-announces-the-sims-4-pc-mac-2014/#respond-sys

Thanks for the link :)
  • rosebush98rosebush98 Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2013
    :shock: YAY! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
    5ux5r921yzph.png
  • DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2013
    coocoosim wrote:
    UPDATE;

"The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans."

Fear no more- the game will remain offline!

Oh thank you for this EA! Although I still have so much more to enjoy from TS3, but now I can say I will eventually get TS4. I was so worried about it being an online only and more of a Facebook type of game.

Thanks for the info Coocoosim!
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited May 2013
    it says "single player offline experience" - that is all I wanted to hear.I was so afraid they would go down the simcity route and make it multiplayer, online only so I am really happy. Now I am excited to see what changes they have made.
  • zenmiseryzenmisery Posts: 52 New Member
    edited May 2013
    All I REALLY want from TS4 is the ability to choose whatever furniture item or appliance I want based on its APPEARANCE and have a slider or some such to choose the comfort/hygiene/etc. levels. Which would then adjust the pricing of the object. I have been wanting it since about halfway through TS2 and if they don't implement it (shouldn't be more complicated than making the fabrics/textures open for customization) I will be very sad. I want to make a house that has the best - but not always the same simply because it's the highest on the list. I want to buy things that look the way I want and then be able to MAKE them the best.
  • coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2013
    DCExplorer wrote:
    Thanks for the info Coocoosim!

You are so very welcome! Just wanted to share the good news :)
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited May 2013
    zenmisery wrote:
    All I REALLY want from TS4 is the ability to choose whatever furniture item or appliance I want based on its APPEARANCE and have a slider or some such to choose the comfort/hygiene/etc. levels. Which would then adjust the pricing of the object. I have been wanting it since about halfway through TS2 and if they don't implement it (shouldn't be more complicated than making the fabrics/textures open for customization) I will be very sad. I want to make a house that has the best - but not always the same simply because it's the highest on the list. I want to buy things that look the way I want and then be able to MAKE them the best.

yes! I can't stand how there is only a few items that are actually "high value". If we could even be able to upgrade these objects to improve their environment or comfort levels.. that'd be pretty awesome too!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    I said in a post back in 2010 that there was going to be a TS4. How I knew this was the fact of how well TS3 did during it's launch. It would made no sense at all for a company to stop making something that they know that they are going make a healthy profit off of. Then there was those pics and trailers that I had posted about a couple of months back. I had posted that those pics, and trailers that I had found while surfing Youtube could be of TS4. And Maxis has just confirmed that TS4 is real, and coming out soon with their big announcement. Oh by the way, I just read that Maxis has a senior VP. So it's possible that Maxis may not be swallowed up by EA entirely. :D
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just read the blurb on simsvip and this has me intrigued

"....The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans."

One of the main things I wanted was more world customization options similar to what we got in seasons and supernatural. If we get a tool similar to CAW then I will definitely be throwing more money their way. I can't wait to see more
  • Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2013
    Naturally excited. I'll still be running Sims 4 along with all the other Sims 3 stuff.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited May 2013
    If they want to make a profit, they are going to have to do TS4 different. There's no way I'm leaving TS3 for a base game of not much with endless sunny days & no pets. I've done that twice now. Let the new players fall for that. I'm done. I'll get it when I'm able to get what I want. :P I just hope no one steals my name on the TS4 site while I wait.
    Of course, if the base game does have weather I'll get it the day it comes out!

I WILL NOT WAIT ON WEATHER AGAIN!!!! :evil: :lol:
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait to see if the Sim has changed any. I really hope we get some different heights. I would love to have some Sims that are different height.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really want to see what the new worlds look like! :D
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited May 2013
    Aww I hoped this wasn't the case. I guess that means the future ep will probably be the last as sims 4 coming out in 2014. I must say I am disappointed as I was really excited to see the direction the sims 3 was taking. I mean house boats and the ability for the sims to travel to the future. These two are two eps we never had with sim or sims 2. We finally got through the sims 2 ****** eps, and were moving in a totally new direction and now never mind we are putting out another whole new game with no pets, no weather, no mods to begin with to help with glitches, no new store sets, content etc.

Well I feel there is so much left to do with sims 3 and it too soon for sims 4. I will reserve judgment until I hear more about sims 4, but a lot will depend on whether or not I buy it. If it will run on my computer is number one as my computer will be almost two years old next year, what the sims 4 has to offer better than the sims 3, and what the price is among other things. Being as I have sims 1, 2, and 3 it would be a shame if I couldn't get or didn't want to get 4.

• MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait to see if the Sim has changed any. I really hope we get some different heights. I would love to have some Sims that are different height.

I just don't see how that would ever work with animations... :?
  • MychuckyboyMychuckyboy Posts: 605 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm excited but also a bit sad, but I had this feeling with The Sims 2 as well. I'll purchase The Sims 4, but I won't be purchasing expansions like I did with 3. I'll be doing a lot of research before purchasing, so I don't waste money. :)
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think The Sims 3 is my last stop.

This ^

• enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm a bit sad too, to be honest :? Excited and sad, I guess. I love what's been happening with the Sims 3 in the past year, and I've invested soooooo much money in the store and all these EPs and SPs... I don't know if moving on to Sims 4 next year would be satisfying for me.

I was thinking, "oh, it probably wont work right anyways," to make myself feel better, but then--what if they fix the game to make it run properly?! Then OMG, that would be so awesome!! Ah, but I will never forget the devastation brought on by the first EP for Sims 3, so it would be with great fear and trepidation that I would step forward into Sims 4... :?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm excited but also a bit sad, but I had this feeling with The Sims 2 as well. I'll purchase The Sims 4, but I won't be purchasing expansions like I did with 3. I'll be doing a lot of research before purchasing, so I don't waste money. :)

I agree, with the sims 3 I bought all of the EPs and i don't even use them all. With the sims 4 i'll be making sure that the EPs I buy, are ones that I will enjoy. I also don't think I'll be buying stuff packs either, if there are SPs for the sims 4.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2013
    What do they mean by "more tools to make your world more individually and share creations with other players"?
    -> Is that the online part? Maybe we'll be getting an improved version of "The Exchange"?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes :)