Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building Question: Can you combine Community lot registers?

MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
Now, I know that there are some registers that can be used with each other, however I am wondering if certain ones can be used together in the same lot.

Example: I would like to create a mall that has a pet store, elixir consig, a Nectary, and a few other shops.

I know that the first 2 listed have their own lot types, so can I have them on the same lot? I did try to look it up using the search, but wasn't able to find anything pertaining to this. I just found info for the combo of rabbit holes. <sigh>

Thank you for your time & assistance! :D

Comments

• MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited May 2013
    Please... Anyone?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited May 2013
    You can use all the registers on the same one lot, and it will cause people to come and man each of the registers.
    Enjoy building your mall ! It sounds a great idea for a build! :)
  • SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited May 2013
    The short answer is yes.

The long answer is that the game has built into it a system of how many sims it will send to a lot at any given time based on the population of the town. Lots of beds in many houses= enough people to man the registers, more beds means people in the mall shopping to interact with... If you don't have a ton of population, some registers may be unmanned over periods of time.

There are ways around some of this. To make a nectar shop, you can use the decorative register from ambitions and using testingcheats stock the nectar racks and make buyable. No one will be at the register, but the stock will rotate and sims can buy the nectar.

The market stall will allow sims to buy and sell produce without the requirement of a salesperson.

The barrier to the entrance system allows you to create venues which sims will pay to use/enter without requiring an attendant as well.
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited May 2013
    The short answer is yes.

The long answer is that the game has built into it a system of how many sims it will send to a lot at any given time based on the population of the town. Lots of beds in many houses= enough people to man the registers, more beds means people in the mall shopping to interact with... If you don't have a ton of population, some registers may be unmanned over periods of time.

There are ways around some of this. To make a nectar shop, you can use the decorative register from ambitions and using testingcheats stock the nectar racks and make buyable. No one will be at the register, but the stock will rotate and sims can buy the nectar.

The market stall will allow sims to buy and sell produce without the requirement of a salesperson.

The barrier to the entrance system allows you to create venues which sims will pay to use/enter without requiring an attendant as well.

Thank you! I know that you are working on a shopping idea that I spawned, but it is still in my head. I just wanted to know if it was possible. I thought I might try my hand at a strip mall. Combine some different things to stop the clutter in towns. 8)

(Mine is just a series of box rooms atm, I am thinking corner store not Main st.) :mrgreen: