Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EPs do you want for The Sims 4?

Let's give EA a heads up on what packs we want for TS4 so they can give us what we want straight away unlike they did with TS3.

Comments

• Barbie01Barbie01 Posts: 206 New Member
    edited May 2013
    1. A expansion pack that has like Presidents,Governments and stuff. Not like the City Hall President.
    2. A expansion pack like Open For Business Sims 2

All I can think for now :L
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    Can I share this idea of mine for TS3 as a TS4 idea?

= = = = =
    = = = = =

DESCRIPTION

Expansion pack is based off glamour life, exclusive events, anniversaries, Simscar and Simmy award shows for musicians and actors which will happen once every few weeks. It's based on expanding the luxurious life of our Sims, new party types and bringing back some of best The Sims functions we all like. Also, we'll get tons of new interactions for our Sims, new addition - Likability, as well as singing stage, fashion runways and much more.

FUNCTIONS

Most important function is bringing back the studio town from Superstar, which can only be accessed by people with a VIP pass (or those who pay enough to get in). There can be a tourist bus going throughout the town and Sims can have a reality TV shows for the first time. Two NPC Sims with cameras would follow your every day life (only outside your house, so it doesn't complicate the game). We'll be getting back modeling and singing career. Fashion shows (non rabbit holes) are new events, where access to first rows only have those Sims with an important name or enough money to bribe bouncers. If you have World Adventures, Sims from around the world would come see the show.

Fashion Shows can be outside or inside, they are built using special stage, similar to dance area) where if you click on it you'd get "Model Walk" action. This wouldn't be the event itself, but you have to call others to your fashion show, similar to throwing parties. Then you'd have to hire more models to the the show or alternatively become their manager (double career branch, model and manager).

Finally, we'll be getting back the singer career, which can be hired by a band for their shows or pursue a solo career. Sims who want to have solo career will have to either find a band themselves for the shows or form a group of musicians to perform together (and share the money earned). Singers can become superstars and then attend TV shows to do interviews or shoot music videos. Afterwards, Sims will get a notification (similar to rumors) that people are talking about their music video and in case your Sim is a "Snob", he can brag and talk about the music video with other Sims - and demand their opinion!

With highlights of models, musicians and moguls, you'll get one new addition - Likability! People who often argue with their fans or just friends/family/acquaintances will get a low likability level which will affect their odds of making new friends. Nobody wants to befriend an evil 🐸🐸🐸🐸! As a special interaction, we'll get the huge aquarium-like area where Sims can swim with fish and sharks. This can be part of your very own pool or done by going to a special community lot. Beware - community lots charge fees for this! Sims will also get huge discounts if their likability level is high, or won't if it's low (even though if they have a level 5 of celebrity status).

Sims can also hire makeup artists and hairdressers who will transform you into a beauty deserving of stardom!

SPECIAL FUNCTIONS:

Special function that is going to be brought into this game is plastic surgery that can be used to adjust face and body. This won't directly bring you back to CAS, but instead you'll get opportunity to choose "Fatter Cheeks", "Bigger Breast", "Thinner Belly" etc. These surgeries can go wrong and you'd end up looking 'slightly' different. There is a new lifetime wish 'Revert Me Back To Myself" for those of Sims who want to get back to just being themselves. For those addicted plastic surgery clients, clinic/hospital can reward you with a very special machine that upon usage will bring you back to CAS and let you edit your attributes. This is very hard to do as it requires a lot of surgeries and they cost between 5 and 10 thousand Simoleons.

Short description:

Brand new careers:
    1. Modeling Career (Level 5 branch split -> Model / Manager) (Profession)
    2. Singer (Profession)
    3. Video Producer (Career)

Brand new statuses:
    1. Mogul (Extremely rich and influential Sims of no particular talent)
    2. Superstar
    3. Loved
    4. Hated
    5. Unknown

Brand new NPC's and functions:
    1. Makeup artists
    2. Hairdressers
    3. Reality Show cameramen
    4. Music Video Producers
    5. Businessmen

Special objects:
    1. Dr. Plastico Kit
    2. Seahole / Seapool

Other additions:
    1. Runway/Fashion Shows
    2. Tourist Bus through city
    3. Tour Bus through the studio town
    4. Singing at cafe's and restaurants
    5. Plastic Surgery
    6. Likability

Skills:
    1. Model Walk
    2. Singing
    3. Influence (hidden)

New interactions:
    1. Fire/Hire Models
    2. Fire/Hire Manager
    3. Accuse of ignoring friends
    4. Accuse of being mean

As found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/579500.page#9337043 :D I'll post more in next few days when I think of something :)
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    Interplanetary travel!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    OFB!!! :D

And all the golden oldies!
  • Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited May 2013
    Open restaurants with hosts, waiters and chefs.
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013

I agree, especially Seasons. :wink:
    Indeed.

TS23_zps14cf3eac.png

TS24_zps4af3a5dd.png
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think weather and pets should be implanted into the base game for sims 4. I hated having to go from weather and pets of sims 2 to always sunny just people populated sims 3. Now I have weather and pets again, I don't want to then go to the same for sims 4. I know its how they make money, but maybe if you want pets and weather at the base game, you could pay extra or something. Or they could release weather and pets with the base game at no extra cost, and then sell pet and weather stuff packs to make the extra cash. Or just come up with extra exciting expansion packs that would make the money on what would've been pets and seasons
  • Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited May 2013

I agree, especially Seasons. :wink:
    Indeed.

TS23_zps14cf3eac.png

TS24_zps4af3a5dd.png

ooooh I really want them to bring it back so bad! lol
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    Seasons/Island paradise/Bon voyage - all in one.

Late Night/Open for business/Ambitions/Farm life - all in one.

Might be too big so here from first to last:

Open for business
    Seasons
    Farm life
    Late night
    Island paradise

:D
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    As far as remakes, if these are not includes in the base game

Seasons, Pets, Generations (really though all three of these should be in the base game)
    Open For Business, Late Night (with more to do!), University and some type of vacations EP.

As far as new:

Amusement/theme Parks, Farming, and some type of Fantasy pack (sort of like Supernatural and Dragon Valley all combined)

Yeah I'm a traditionalist. I like mostly EPS for remakes.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely OFB, but I'd also like them to add to the customisation of worlds like they did with seasons and supernatural. I like playing more fantasy and sci-fi and would love the ability to turn off certain features like cars or phones/technology. I've been playing in a medieval world and it looks weird seeing a sim whip out a laptop in the middle of my tavern :evil:
    edited May 2013
    I just wish they'd come up with new names. No more pets, please! Google is apparently very confused when I search for Sims 3 Pets and Seasons :lol:

At least take Sims 1 titles for EPs - Unleashed, Superstar etc. It'll be fun and good for a change.
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    Farming EP and OFB! :wink:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited May 2013
    There are four general concepts that I'd regard as essential to introduce/expand upon post-release. In no particular order: work, play, travel, and animals.
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd love for them to remake Sims Superstar...ahh even thinking about it makes me so nostalgic..
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think weather and pets should be implanted into the base game for sims 4. I hated having to go from weather and pets of sims 2 to always sunny just people populated sims 3. Now I have weather and pets again, I don't want to then go to the same for sims 4. I know its how they make money, but maybe if you want pets and weather at the base game, you could pay extra or something. Or they could release weather and pets with the base game at no extra cost, and then sell pet and weather stuff packs to make the extra cash. Or just come up with extra exciting expansion packs that would make the money on what would've been pets and seasons

What excellent ideas! I would pay more for the base game to have weather/seasons and pets included right from the beginning. I'd even pay the price of the base game plus two regular EPS, if we could just have it to start with. It could be some kind of über-Collector's Edition.

Are you listening, EA?
    edited May 2013
    I'd love for them to remake Sims Superstar...ahh even thinking about it makes me so nostalgic..
    How amazing would it be? :mrgreen:

I'd pick Superstar over Late Night and Showtime combined any time :D Models, recording in studio... ah, memories! :mrgreen:

Also Britney, Christina and Avril :D
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    a little premature.. since we dont know whats in the base game..
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    The "essential" EPs (AKA the ones everyone asks for and we have come to expect) are Seasons, Pets and University. These three things are a very important part of a life stimulation game, and it wouldn't feel like life without them.

What I would call the "secondary essential" packs are Vacations, Night Life and Open For Business. These are the second most requested to the top three and are pretty much a big part of a Life Stimulation.

Then we have Magic and Fame, which are also highly requested. We had them in 1 and 3, and we had Magic in TS2 Apartment Life even though it wasn't a major feature. But I don't think we had Fame in TS2?

I think those are the three tiers of essential expansion packs, but EA could decide to omit some/add several of the themes into one pack etc.

Then there are the new requests that are popping up all the time that we haven't had before, like farming etc.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    How amazing would it be? :mrgreen:

I'd pick Superstar over Late Night and Showtime combined any time :D Models, recording in studio... ah, memories! :mrgreen:

Also Britney, Christina and Avril :D

I loved the recording studio and the modelling career and being able to see sims acting!!! I'd love a 'superstar' e.p more in that direction. With the Late Night bands and Showtime singer combined!

Then I'd put the Showtime magic and acrobatics in with a circus/fairground type pack, perhaps combined with Supernatural, similar to Makin' Magic.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    Boy oh Boy!! I can't even think about the base game let alone expansions.

Well....since you're asking....

I would like a remake of Nightlife, not that Late night, messed up 1/2 of an ep we got for 3, no I want the full, well rounded, interesting, fun, good dating mini game, just the whole The Sims 2 expansion. That was so well done, and left nothing out that we would miss. not like that empty late night. Except for the dancing. They did an excellent job with that, but the rest...? eh!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think that Sims 4 should come with some tired recycled EP's in the base game as well. I don't want to see another seasons. I don't want another LN/HD/NL theme. Shoot, I don't wanna see Pet's again either but for some reason I think that won't make it into the base game, though. I think too many people would want that as an option.

I think we'll see OFB in the first or second EP release for Sims 4... like how Ambitions brought "bringing your sim to work" theme that was so desperately asked for in Sims 2 and then we got it very early in Sims 3's line.

I want Sims 4 to bring us new and exciting ideas for EP's not visited before, like IP. Like SN. ST. I wanna see those theme's for Sims 4 as well, and a proper Vacation EP. I really do think that Sims 3's open world was a big jump and maybe too taxing on the engine and so we lost out on a lot of the epicness of Sims 2 in 3 because of it. The minute details that aren't present in Sims 3. With that being said, I think the transition from Sims 3 to Sims 4 will be more like the transition from Sims 1 to 2 in that the "step up" will blow our minds. Opening the world up set us back a bit in terms of complexity of gameplay and with that it seems like a template for a more epic sims series in which technology can handle both the complex gameplay of Sims 2 with the open world demand of Sims 3 and most importantly a vast improvement in graphics.

I'm so excited.

• loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited May 2013
    What excellent ideas! I would pay more for the base game to have weather/seasons and pets included right from the beginning. I'd even pay the price of the base game plus two regular EPS, if we could just have it to start with. It could be some kind of über-Collector's Edition.

This. That way every new expansion pack could build off of pets. So when they do a medieval expansion/world they could use horses, ect.

I would love to see a farming/western theme expansion. I am a massive fan of old westerns and it would be fun to be able to recreate different families, ect.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope that the sims 4 is a combination of the sims 2 (gameplay, humor, etc.) and the openness of the sims 3 (open neighborhood, customization etc. minus a ton of glitches). As for the EPs ummm I think honestly that the sims 3 went overboard with EPs and the ones that they have released haven't been full EPs. I hope that there are less eps but with better quality. You know the saying quality over quantity, well that's how I hope the sims 4 is.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Can I share this idea of mine for TS3 as a TS4 idea?

= = = = =
    = = = = =

DESCRIPTION

Expansion pack is based off glamour life, exclusive events, anniversaries, Simscar and Simmy award shows for musicians and actors which will happen once every few weeks. It's based on expanding the luxurious life of our Sims, new party types and bringing back some of best The Sims functions we all like. Also, we'll get tons of new interactions for our Sims, new addition - Likability, as well as singing stage, fashion runways and much more.

FUNCTIONS

Most important function is bringing back the studio town from Superstar, which can only be accessed by people with a VIP pass (or those who pay enough to get in). There can be a tourist bus going throughout the town and Sims can have a reality TV shows for the first time. Two NPC Sims with cameras would follow your every day life (only outside your house, so it doesn't complicate the game). We'll be getting back modeling and singing career. Fashion shows (non rabbit holes) are new events, where access to first rows only have those Sims with an important name or enough money to bribe bouncers. If you have World Adventures, Sims from around the world would come see the show.

Fashion Shows can be outside or inside, they are built using special stage, similar to dance area) where if you click on it you'd get "Model Walk" action. This wouldn't be the event itself, but you have to call others to your fashion show, similar to throwing parties. Then you'd have to hire more models to the the show or alternatively become their manager (double career branch, model and manager).

Finally, we'll be getting back the singer career, which can be hired by a band for their shows or pursue a solo career. Sims who want to have solo career will have to either find a band themselves for the shows or form a group of musicians to perform together (and share the money earned). Singers can become superstars and then attend TV shows to do interviews or shoot music videos. Afterwards, Sims will get a notification (similar to rumors) that people are talking about their music video and in case your Sim is a "Snob", he can brag and talk about the music video with other Sims - and demand their opinion!

With highlights of models, musicians and moguls, you'll get one new addition - Likability! People who often argue with their fans or just friends/family/acquaintances will get a low likability level which will affect their odds of making new friends. Nobody wants to befriend an evil 🐸🐸🐸🐸! As a special interaction, we'll get the huge aquarium-like area where Sims can swim with fish and sharks. This can be part of your very own pool or done by going to a special community lot. Beware - community lots charge fees for this! Sims will also get huge discounts if their likability level is high, or won't if it's low (even though if they have a level 5 of celebrity status).

Sims can also hire makeup artists and hairdressers who will transform you into a beauty deserving of stardom!

SPECIAL FUNCTIONS:

Special function that is going to be brought into this game is plastic surgery that can be used to adjust face and body. This won't directly bring you back to CAS, but instead you'll get opportunity to choose "Fatter Cheeks", "Bigger Breast", "Thinner Belly" etc. These surgeries can go wrong and you'd end up looking 'slightly' different. There is a new lifetime wish 'Revert Me Back To Myself" for those of Sims who want to get back to just being themselves. For those addicted plastic surgery clients, clinic/hospital can reward you with a very special machine that upon usage will bring you back to CAS and let you edit your attributes. This is very hard to do as it requires a lot of surgeries and they cost between 5 and 10 thousand Simoleons.

Short description:

Brand new careers:
    1. Modeling Career (Level 5 branch split -> Model / Manager) (Profession)
    2. Singer (Profession)
    3. Video Producer (Career)

Brand new statuses:
    1. Mogul (Extremely rich and influential Sims of no particular talent)
    2. Superstar
    3. Loved
    4. Hated
    5. Unknown

Brand new NPC's and functions:
    1. Makeup artists
    2. Hairdressers
    3. Reality Show cameramen
    4. Music Video Producers
    5. Businessmen

Special objects:
    1. Dr. Plastico Kit
    2. Seahole / Seapool

Other additions:
    1. Runway/Fashion Shows
    2. Tourist Bus through city
    3. Tour Bus through the studio town
    4. Singing at cafe's and restaurants
    5. Plastic Surgery
    6. Likability

Skills:
    1. Model Walk
    2. Singing
    3. Influence (hidden)

New interactions:
    1. Fire/Hire Models
    2. Fire/Hire Manager
    3. Accuse of ignoring friends
    4. Accuse of being mean

As found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/579500.page#9337043 :D I'll post more in next few days when I think of something :)
    :o so. much. want..
    TAKE MY WANT!!