Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The BIG Annoucement

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    Well, they partnered with Bioware for Dragon age, and, Dragon Valley is coming - Maybe we get another one with that team - a medieval combat themed Sims, with the amazing skin tones form DA 2 (so good the charters have pores when you zoom in.

Maybe we get Sims speaking our language, like the characters in Dragon Age.

EA/Bioware/Sims, that would be a great combo.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    WillWill Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2013
    Would they really announce sims4 now when there are more expansions to go?

For me seems they would not as that would possibly ruin there profits/sales on the sims 3 remaining expansions.
    As people would rather not pay for expansions and wait/save money for sims 4.

They've done this before with the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. The Sims 2 was announced right before the release of the Sims Superstar and the Sims 3 was announced before Apartment Life (but shown off in Freetime). :-)

If anything, this just follows previous announcements. I'm going to guess that the time travel expansion may be the last expansion pack for the Sims 3. :(
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just hope it's not sims 4. But it sounds like it might be. :thumbdown: Having played right from the start with sims 1 I seriously don't think I have it in me anymore to start from scratch yet again. The formula of releasing a base game and slowly adding bits and pieces for years is stale.

It took me long enough to really get into the sims 3 as it is. There's so much more that could(I would almost say needs to be!) be added to sims 3, I don't want it abandoned.
  • Options
    jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited May 2013
    It's TS4... and that really really sucks.
  • Options
    singlebabysinglebaby Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if they are going to do the same with this site as they did with the S2 one. As this site is mainly focused on TS3.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited May 2013
    Will wrote:

For me seems they would not as that would possibly ruin there profits/sales on the sims 3 remaining expansions.

They've done this before with the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. The Sims 2 was announced right before the release of the Sims Superstar and the Sims 3 was announced before Apartment Life (but shown off in Freetime). :-)

If anything, this just follows previous announcements. I'm going to guess that the time travel expansion may be the last expansion pack for the Sims 3. :(

But Apartment Life was the last EP. And it was known then that it was the last EP and everyone and their mother was already theorizing about Sims 3 because we knew it was coming. And they waited until Apartment Life had been hyped up some before announcing it.

EA hasn't given us a definite on whether or not the Time Travel EP this fall will be the last EP or not. Plus, they could very well shoot themselves in the foot on sales on that one since there has been next to no hype for it if they announce Sims 4 now. EA wouldn't risk losing money to announce Sims 4. They'll wait until around the time of the last EP is released. Now they might start placing hints that it's coming, but they won't officially announce it. They'll let it stay vague enough that it could just very well be a coincidence and fuel the rumors.
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hmm....a big announcement? Interesting.

If it's TS4, I'm going have to take rain check and get back with them later on that. TS3 hasn't even been fully flushed out or fixed for that matter. Heck every new patch we get, there's a new problem to come with it. If anything that announcement should be "we're going fix the game completely and no more playing around with those glitchy patches!" That would be a dream come true. lol

But I'm thinking it's a new Sims game that's not involve with TS3 itself. Like Sims medieval.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to guess the Sims 4 will be announced and will ultimately be released around spring time next year.

I probably won't pick up the Sims 4 right away, only because I know that my current laptop will probably only be able to run the Sims 4 with the game's lowest settings. This is good for me since I only just got the Sims 3 last summer and I definitely have not experienced 75% of what the expansion packs and stuff packs have to offer. I am interested to see what concepts and features are brought to this game though.

If the game does end up being online, I hope that EA is smart and decides to make this an optional gameplay feature that is not required to play. While I enjoyed Simcity at first, the constant internet connection is what sort of killed the joy of the game for me. :cry:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seera1024 wrote:
    Will wrote:

But Apartment Life was the last EP. And it was known then that it was the last EP and everyone and their mother was already theorizing about Sims 3 because we knew it was coming. And they waited until Apartment Life had been hyped up some before announcing it.

EA hasn't given us a definite on whether or not the Time Travel EP this fall will be the last EP or not. Plus, they could very well shoot themselves in the foot on sales on that one since there has been next to no hype for it if they announce Sims 4 now. EA wouldn't risk losing money to announce Sims 4. They'll wait until around the time of the last EP is released. Now they might start placing hints that it's coming, but they won't officially announce it. They'll let it stay vague enough that it could just very well be a coincidence and fuel the rumors.

You have a point. :) I'm guessing that if they reveal the Sims 4, they won't reveal too much to avoid creating too much hype too early. It would definitely hurt sales if EA released too many screenshots and trailers months before release.

If I remember correctly though, Ikea Stuff and Apartment Life were announced after the announcement of the Sims 3. At the time though, only a few screenshots and the Games for Windows Magazine piece were the only bits of information we had until the first trailer at E3.

It will be interesting to see though what ends up being announced (maybe it's something no one was expecting). :-)
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited May 2013
    Will wrote:
    Seera1024 wrote:
    Will wrote:

You have a point. :) I'm guessing that if they reveal the Sims 4, they won't reveal too much to avoid creating too much hype too early. It would definitely hurt sales if EA released too many screenshots and trailers months before release.

If I remember correctly though, Ikea Stuff and Apartment Life were announced after the announcement of the Sims 3. At the time though, only a few screenshots and the Games for Windows Magazine piece were the only bits of information we had until the first trailer at E3.

It will be interesting to see though what ends up being announced (maybe it's something no one was expecting). :-)

They won't reveal TS4 in the big announcement. Any official word of Sims 4 is coming will hurt the sales of the time travel EP. And any EP planned for after it as there has been no official word on the number of EP's for Sims 3 that I've heard. They'll only drop vague hints if anything nothing out of anyone's mouth.
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am so nervous if it is the sims 4 announcement. For me, it feels like just yesterday I found out sims 2 was coming out and I freaked out...went and bought it..bought dvd version and my computer couldn't play that so we had to get it again....then I was happy...then the sims 3 was announced and I went nuts...

If it is the sims 4, I will be excited but I know so many people will complain and I already see so much complaining about stuff on the forum and it annoys me to no end.

I think it's a good possibility that it is a multiplayer sims type deal and agree with people that said the leaked screenies are the multiplayer game. It'd be a good move since games like that are...fairly popular. As long as they are execute properly.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited May 2013
    ok after looking at those screenshots, it is either TS4 or a new online game. Either way I'm thinking it will be multiplayer too.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking it's going to be an online spinoff, to assuage those who lost The Sims Social and those who still mourn the late Sims Online. But they're going to keep it separate from the standard Sims lineup so as not to tick off the people who prefer the sandbox aspect of the current Sims universe.

Either that or it's going to be an announcement that they're enabling offline play for SimCity, in conjunction with the release of the Mac native version; players will have the option to upload and enable online play of their cities/regions or not, or will be able to choose trusted friends to share with so they're not opening themselves to griefers who only want to destroy others creations. (That's what I'd like to see, at least...hey, a girl can dream.)

If they're going to announce Sims4, they'll hold off till E3 in mid June, to get the most bang for the buck. And with EA's current woes, they need the biggest bang they can get.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Those screenies cannot be ts4 O.O You would think the graphics would be better not worse. It has to be some online sims game. Didn't the sims social just close down??
  • Options
    EshebsEshebs Posts: 18 New Member
    edited May 2013
    The anticipation is killing meeee ! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mene wrote:
    Those screenies cannot be ts4 O.O You would think the graphics would be better not worse. It has to be some online sims game. Didn't the sims social just close down??

Closing in mid-June -- I'll have to go backwards in the thread to check for those screenshots.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kmsim15 wrote:
    I really think that the announcement may be for a sims online spin off, I think that those "leaked" pictures that were supposedly Sims 4 are actually for this online game. I don't think EA are going to announce TS4 with all of the hype for the new Island Paradise expansion, new world, new stuff pack and time travel expansion. I don't think they would announce it until we are nearly done with TS3 and they actually have some pictures and info from the new game to show us, I think it is too early for them to be far enough in development to have pictures for us.

The one thing that makes me think that it could be Sims4 is the blue plumbob -- in University LIfe there's a sculpture with a blue plumbob (it was shown in one of the SimsVIP screenshots) and the name refers to something about the future (I don't remember it off the top of my head); that could have been an Easter egg in Uni Life with a hint about Sims4. But if it is Sims 4 it likely won't be coming out till late 2014 or early 2015, so as not to reduce interest in Sims 3. Plus, it could be that the specs for Sims 4 will leave it out of the reach of current Sims 3 players anyway.

I would be interested in a Sims 4 if:

1. it was native 64-bit or had that as an option so it could use more RAM for those of us who have it
    2. they produced a Mac native version instead of using the Cider emulator (they're doing a Mac native SimCity so maybe they're going in that direction with more of their games)
    3. it didn't require a constant online connection and could be played offline (initial online in order to certify it's not a pirated copy might work; maybe you'd have to go online once to download needed components for full gameplay)

• Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think EA is that dumb to announce TS4 yet.

Maybe they will announce there is no TS4 and they are just expanding 3.

Hmm..
  • Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    double post
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited May 2013
    OMG

http://thesims4.com/en_US/home

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm speculating it will be The Sims 4.
  • Options
    mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited May 2013
    Seera1024 wrote:

I hope you're right; you make a good point. If they announce Sims 4, I probably wouldn't buy the newest Sims 3 EPs because I'd want to save for the Sims 4...then again, I probably would just stick with the Sims 3, since I just bought the Sims 3 in December and a bunch of EPs. :)

justme2 wrote:
    I'm thinking it's going to be an online spinoff, to assuage those who lost The Sims Social and those who still mourn the late Sims Online. But they're going to keep it separate from the standard Sims lineup so as not to tick off the people who prefer the sandbox aspect of the current Sims universe.

Either that or it's going to be an announcement that they're enabling offline play for SimCity, in conjunction with the release of the Mac native version; players will have the option to upload and enable online play of their cities/regions or not, or will be able to choose trusted friends to share with so they're not opening themselves to grievers who only want to destroy others creations. (That's what I'd like to see, at least...hey, a girl can dream.)

If it is an online spinoff, I hope it stays separate from the Sims (like you said), I don't play SimCity, so if they announced something about that I wouldn't be too excited.

Either way, I can't wait! :mrgreen:*Crosses fingers it isn't Sims 4*

output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm betting it is TS4. Having announced the entire year's lineup already, I have a feeling this is the last year for TS3 and they always announce the next incarnation early to get everyone hyped up and drooling over pics.

I can't wait to see what they'll do to make it different from TS3. I still like TS3 and plan on playing it for a while, just like I still play TS1 and TS2.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jimil wrote:
    OMG

http://thesims4.com/en_US/home

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

oh NO WAY!!!
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited May 2013
    IF it's the Sims 4 I wish people would stop Complaining about it if it's that online game it's a remake of sims online and sims online was way better then Sims social but I'm not worried about it