Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The BIG Annoucement

Hello, Simfans!
Firstly, you need to read this: http://simsvip.com/2013/05/03/ea-to-make-big-announcement-for-the-sims/#respond-sys
So, what do you think it is? And if it is what we think -which is TS4, what is your opinion about this?
The first thing I want to say is: Let it not be TS4!

Comments

• Effix79Effix79 Posts: 500 Member
    edited May 2013
    *looks into crystal ball*

Nope, not TS4, doesn't make sense to me... maybe some new online thing because they're closing the Sims Social.
    BIGSbne.jpg
  • wayusawayusa Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    oh god. couldnt they tell us the day before?!?! NOW I HAVE TO WONDER FOR THREE DAYS
  • coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2013
    Theres a fan website page called "SimS" who say they'll be posting the big announcement, and ended the post with
    "Get ready to PL4Y WITH LIFE!"

Looks like Sims 4 to me, unfortunately :/
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's probably TS4 because that's my luck... I'm not opposed to having a fourth installment of the series at some unclear point in the distant, distant future but right now I'm beginning to really enjoy TS3 and I would rather EA expanded on that.

I promise, I'm not trying to be negative, it's just that after TS2 it pretty much took about three expansion packs and a decent number of Store items for me to start getting into TS3. The base game got boring surprisingly quickly and I can't get excited about going through that again :( Not to mention that I'm worried my laptop will die at the mere mention of new graphics :P
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Bet, it's something online...
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ive no doubt that the announcement will be Sims 4, with its blue plumbob an all. We wont see it till this time next year though. EA have already announced the EP's and SP's for this year and they will deliver on those before we get anywhere near Sims 4 ,so you are all safe for a year at least.

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited May 2013
    If it's better, off line, glitch free with incredibly intelligent Sims, all the amazing interactions we would like and a "knock my socks off" experience....I say bring it on.

But......I think we all know how possible that might be. :roll: :roll: :roll:
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's only 3 days away!!!! *screaming*

A brand new, secret expansion pack?? Maybe free expansion pack downloads?? Meet the developers event??

Official release date of TS4 :twisted:
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I just read it. Me too, it is more likely Sims 4. Hopefully, they will reveal 1 or 2 actual in-game play screenshot or something. SimsVip posted few screenshots that is supposed to be Sims 4, but they all look like Sims Social/Freeplay, which I am not interested in. Also, if it is only multiplayers, not single players, I am not interested too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/sets/72157633221406539/with/8640861065/

• kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really think that the announcement may be for a sims online spin off, I think that those "leaked" pictures that were supposedly Sims 4 are actually for this online game. I don't think EA are going to announce TS4 with all of the hype for the new Island Paradise expansion, new world, new stuff pack and time travel expansion. I don't think they would announce it until we are nearly done with TS3 and they actually have some pictures and info from the new game to show us, I think it is too early for them to be far enough in development to have pictures for us.
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Kind of in mixed moods over this… On the one hand excited to see/hear what it is and hope it’s exciting…. While on the other hand hoping it’s not The Sims 4 for 2 reasons:

1) Announcing a completely new game when there are still EPs to go on the existing game lowered the excitement for the EPs as they tend to look less exciting than a whole new game.

2) REALLY dreading that The Sims 4 will be be an always on-line, Internet Required game like the new Sim City.

Now (1) I can live with and get over, we’ve had this problem since the Sims started. But, (2) is a show stopper for me/us. I would love to play The New Sim City but will not buy an Internet only, enforced multi-player game. I/we play our games standalone, emphasis on alone! If The Sims 4 is always on-line and/or multi-player only then that is the end of the line for us, and we’d hate to have that happen.

The worry over number (2) is all EA games have to be green-lit by EA’s Frank Gibeau and he has said:
    “I have not green lit one game to be developed as a single player experience”
    Plus it was, according to him, Maxis’s idea to make Sim City an on-line only MMO game… This does not bode well for The Sims 4 in my opinion.

The Sims is the last game we play now so, please EAxis don’t make The Sims 4 an on-line only game!

• GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking that it's either an announcement for the sims 4 or it's an announcement for a spin off.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited May 2013
    oh my gosh. The suspense!
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Possible. I guess we'd have to wait until next week to see what it actually is. :)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2013
    kmsim15 wrote:
    I really think that the announcement may be for a sims online spin off, I think that those "leaked" pictures that were supposedly Sims 4 are actually for this online game. I don't think EA are going to announce TS4 with all of the hype for the new Island Paradise expansion, new world, new stuff pack and time travel expansion. I don't think they would announce it until we are nearly done with TS3 and they actually have some pictures and info from the new game to show us, I think it is too early for them to be far enough in development to have pictures for us.

i agree! i really think its possible that what we are calling sims 4 could be a spin off, a soft trial run mmo.

i myself would be soo excited to have offshoot of sims 3 be mmo.

and does anyone know if its possible it could lesser announcement, meaning have they ever announced an EP like this...
  • loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited May 2013
    Would they really announce sims4 now when there are more expansions to go?

For me seems they would not as that would possibly ruin there profits/sales on the sims 3 remaining expansions.
    As people would rather not pay for expansions and wait/save money for sims 4.

I will cry if they announce sims 4 there is no need
  • artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope its not TS4...

Maybe instead of having a new sims... they're having more EP's for the Sims 3 since it's so positive.

• loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    I hope its not TS4...

Maybe instead of having a new sims... they're having more EP's for the Sims 3 since it's so positive.

i would love this! brand new ideas as i fear if they released sims 4 it would just be a recycling of all the expansions from all of the sims and that does not appeal
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If only they would make The Sims 4 using something like The CryEngine 3…

Imagine if The Sims 4 looked something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpBiExHoaz8

It would be fantastic!
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited May 2013
    What if there was no Sims 4, but after the sims 3 they are closing Sims forever?
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited May 2013
    JadedJane wrote:
    What if there was no Sims 4, but after the sims 3 they are closing Sims forever?

You CALL that a big announcement? What are you, crazy? :shock:

I think it has something to do with teaming up with another company. And together, they will make better games. I still think it has something to do with TS4.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited May 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    kmsim15 wrote:

i agree! i really think its possible that what we are calling sims 4 could be a spin off, a soft trial run mmo.

i myself would be soo excited to have offshoot of sims 3 be mmo.

and does anyone know if its possible it could lesser announcement, meaning have they ever announced an EP like this...

On that note, what if they are going to continue Sims 3 and start Sims 4? Who says they have to stop making S3 because S4 would be out?
    So many people liked S2 and when they stopped making it, people were kind of upset. They could have made more money if they just kept adding on. Players like S3 now. Many don't want online. So why not continue S3 for those players and start S4 for the players who like online gaming?
    Honestly, I might keep investing in both and continue both experiences for my gameplay.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    It seems strange to announce TS4 before E3.
    I'm wondering if it's something related to Mobile/Social gaming.

Peter Moore is big on mobile gaming, and with the sudden closing down of The Sims Social and the SimVIP leak, I'm wondering if they will be announcing what The Sims will be doing on Apple, Android, Microsoft mobile devices.

I only have a Nook Tablet, and the small one at that, so I don't think it will have much impact on me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • singlebabysinglebaby Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it's a new, BIG EP. They don't announce EPs like that.
    But I don't like the screenshots at all...If that is really TS4-no, thank you for me. But I doubt it is. If it is a new online thingy,- no, thank you as well.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2013
    @JadedJane - yea if sims 4 was different enough i could enjoy two series. gosh there are folks still playing sims 2 like it hasnt been 5 years since its last EP release.

CK213 wrote:
    It seems strange to announce TS4 before E3.
    I'm wondering if it's something related to Mobile/Social gaming.

Peter Moore is big on mobile gaming, and with the sudden closing down of The Sims Social and the SimVIP leak, I'm wondering if they will be announcing what The Sims will be doing on Apple, Android, Microsoft mobile devices.

I only have a Nook Tablet, and the small one at that, so I don't think it will have much impact on me.

this is also a really good guess..i keep forgetting that before i even played sims 2 i had the apple app for sims 3. and i agree i do think its tied to the sims social ending...

i enjoyed the sims 3 app for a bit and it revealed open neighborhood ....so very interesting!