Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think the current attraction system is broken!

Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
For one thing... EVERY Sim is attracted to my Sim! Okay... Sure she's a hot celebrity, mastered every skill available and has simoleons out the wazoo. She'd be a catch for anybody. The problem is every Sim that thinks MY Sim is attractive makes my Sim think THEY are attractive. I mean let's face it when your Sim is getting attractive company moodlets from zombies in their front yard, mummies like Huo **** the Scourge of China and Rufus Clum I think something is broken.

Speaking of broken there's the love letters that turn into bills when people move out, die etc. whenever you travel and forget to check the mail before leaving. Not to mention the fact that my Sim beat Huo **** the Scourge of China in his tomb and left him as a pile of ashes only to receive a date call from him (and one other mummy I had killed) the next day. Come on! This is ridiculous.

I think the gifting is over done as well. I can get a few friends and have them send me enough gifts in a few weeks to purchase a mansion. It should be that they only send one gift PERIOD. That's it. No more.

As for the love letters... How about making them so you collect them in your inventory and can go through them one at a time. After reading them you have an option to Reply (Send another love letter back to sender.), Send Rejection Letter (A mean reply.), Send a Friendly Reply (Thanks for caring but, I'm not looking for a relationship right now. Let's be friends!)

You could give the letters a red envelope with a heart-shaped sticker for an icon. They'd all be stacked together when unread and after reading them they'd acquire a label Love Letter From [Sims Name Here].

As for the attraction to every Sim that finds my Sim attractive fix that. Make it so they have to have a couple of traits, skills (at least level 3+), celebrity, similar job and/or wealth in common. Of course on my epic lifespan games most Sims do wind up being rich (or they die off from starvation.) But that shouldn't be an only factor to consider. They need a lot more in common with the player's Sim before they get considered attractive. Sure my Sim probably meets all the criteria for any Sim to find her attractive but, my Sim should have extremely high standards.

Sure send me letters in the mail. Even a small gift (once and not something that costs over $500.) Maybe even fan letters for celebrities. (Send them back an autograph or tell them to stop stalking you. Heheh.)

Also give me some options to control things. An off switch in the options menu for the attraction system as is would be very nice. Otherwise... If you could just fix it.

Comments

• Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited May 2013
    LOL :lol: Huo's name got censored.
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh... And another thing is the Online Dating system. I can't permanently remove my profile.

Also... I don't know if it's been fixed but, I think I recall reading about a bug where messages from people who have moved out of town can lock up your ability to use the computers. I haven't experienced this problem myself though.

People who move out/die/move on if a ghost should get removed from the system. From both the computer dating and attraction systems.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited May 2013
    . Not to mention the fact that my Sim beat Huo **** the Scourge of China in his tomb and left him as a pile of ashes only to receive a date call from him (and one other mummy I had killed) the next day. Come on! This is ridiculous.

So apparently he doesn't hold a grudge, huh? :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    EVERY Sim is attracted to my Sim!

Same problem here !

Everybody think my unemployed hacker is attractive even his friends and best friend.
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    My Sims are usually Smoking' Hot =)

I just thought it was them. It does happen a lot, 2 out of 3 Sims you met, possibly more. I just wish they weren't all fairies. =/
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Think it's broken? Oh no that thing is busted and it never worked in the first place. I hope it gets addressed in an upcoming patch giving us control over who is not only attractive but who is unattractive.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    Lakross wrote:
    Think it's broken? Oh no that thing is busted and it never worked in the first place. I hope it gets addressed in an upcoming patch giving us control over who is not only attractive but who is unattractive.

Good idea ;) ! I like to control everything in my game :twisted: !
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited May 2013
    thats and sims are always asking my sims out that are either have a bf/gs or are married !
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    It IS really annoying... if only they could lessen the frequency of them finding my sims attractive and do something about those letters and gifts!! My sim has tons of stuff in his family inventory now! I'm getting rich of sims' gifts! There should really be a replay option and if you reject them, it should make them never send one ever again! I get at least 10 letters from the same sim in one sim week. :(
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    :shock: WOW! I'm surprised the attraction system issue hasn't been addressed yet considering it came packaged in update 1.42! I remember many simmers complaining about it and wanting the option to disable it because it was causing the ruin of more than a few storylines not to mention marriages.

EA really needs to resolve this (amongst other things). How can player have fun with their games if they constantly have to deal with all of the design/feature annoyances?

BTW, does anyone know WHY they decided to add the attraction system? What was wrong with the old way Sims interacted when they were interested in another sim? Just wondering.