Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else wish there was a British world?

Perhaps it's just me, but I've wished for an English village or Victorian seaside town since the Sims 1. It would be nice to play a world that felt like home.

A little village like this one would be perfect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBDjRgfuAVk

Terraced houses set into hillsides, thatched rabbit holes, red post boxes, cups of tea! :P :-)

Or, a seaside town, which could have an old fashioned ride or two, like a carousel, little rollercoaster, Ferris wheel, or a Victorian pier:

42.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV5llTnj0m84FB3yzPi7jmt3P2JNrETqYYKUgmvbDwRMeTJcRSYw

Helter-skelter-at-Clacton-006.jpg

Or even a simlish Punch and Judy!

rhyl1910.jpg

I like these ideas because they'd cater to both elderly and child sims so well, they would be perfect with seasons (rainy seaside town with fish and chips/candyfloss stands, anyone?? :D) and I can also imagine a mermaid or two washing up in a sleepy fishing town with Island Paradise! :)

Comments

• Options
    ShooterIIShooterII Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh my god! I WANT them to make a British world because I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE British people. But I am not so sure if they will add a British world as they would probably need to add one for every place. They've already done China, France, and Egypt, which I've never really played, and I think adding an English level would be amazing, but I would really like to see other cultures, like Brazil, or India.

Just my thoughts :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    :thumbup:

Personally I'd love Victorian London. In my CAW world I've made 'Victoria Beach' which is meant to be in the style of a British seaside with a pier with amusements, I need to add a lido as well methinks but I don't know where to put it. I've stopped build on the area because I'm waiting for IP, I want to change the foundation of my pier using the new pier tool.

I think Dragon Valley looks a bit British. I was thinking of taking the new buildings over to Riverview to make a British village/farming town. Plus there's a nice new stone fence that came with Uni Life which will be nice to use there. Ooops... sorry... thinking in text again! :oops:

I'd really love a carousel! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ShooterII wrote:
    I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE British people.

She loves me! :D

Love you too! Kiss kiss! :lol:
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would love that!! It's a great idea!! I love British!! Also, wouldn't it be awesome to add a british simlish accent? :D
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited May 2013
    O-o-h, me too! I am a seriously hopeless Anglophile and wish that my pilgrim ancestors had never left. I love every bit and bob of Britain through all its ages. Victorian London would be fantastic, or a medieval countryside. I am also hoping that Dragon Valley gives us a taste of UK charm.
  • Options
    MarchvioletsMarchviolets Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2013
    ShooterII wrote:
    Oh my god! I WANT them to make a British world because I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE British people.

Always a lovely thing to hear! :mrgreen: Thank you for posting!
    :thumbup:

Personally I'd love Victorian London. In my CAW world I've made 'Victoria Beach' which is meant to be in the style of a British seaside with a pier with amusements

This sounds wonderful! I hope you share pictures when it's finished!
    I think Dragon Valley looks a bit British. I was thinking of taking the new buildings over to Riverview to make a British village/farming town. Plus there's a nice new stone fence that came with Uni Life which will be nice to use there. Ooops... sorry... thinking in text again! :oops:

I'd really love a carousel! :D

Thinking in text is welcome haha, some of the buildings from Dragon Valley might prove helpful, that's an interesting idea! :)

A carousel would be wonderful, I still miss this from the Sims 2!

getimage.php?file=294123

I'd love a big seaside one that lit up in the evenings, for child sims to use! :mrgreen:
    samiam662 wrote:
    or a medieval countryside. I am also hoping that Dragon Valley gives us a taste of UK charm.

It looks like Dragon Valley will probably fulfil your medieval countryside wish! :)
    40675672 wrote:
    Also, wouldn't it be awesome to add a british simlish accent? :D

Although a lot of people will point out that there's no such thing as a single "British accent", the idea of this did make me laugh! :D
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes. I wish we had British worlds, too. Victorian London, and countryside Cotswolds.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    40675672 wrote:
    Also, wouldn't it be awesome to add a british simlish accent? :D

Although a lot of people will point out that there's no such thing as a single "British accent", the idea of this did make me laugh! :D

Actually, we were talking about this in another thread and I was arguing that different tounges will pronounce sounds differently, so for example a Spanish person might roll their r's, a British person might over-pronounce letters... different languages sound different. So it would be possible for voice actors with different languages could speak simlish because it would actually give a different sound to the letters... if that makes sense! :lol: I think a French person speaking simlish would sound different to an American person speaking simlish for example.
  • Options
    Lauravalerie1902Lauravalerie1902 Posts: 260 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I feel proud to be British hearing all these comments haha :P :D
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    *raises hand* Me!!! I do!!!
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2013
    ok...that was an amazing world and video! Count me in.

lol...makes me think that season's was made with England in mind... it's always raining in my game now!!
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited May 2013
    treece01 wrote:

lol...makes me think that season's was made with England in mind... it's always raining in my game now!!

Or Seattle lol
    But I would also like a British world, I love learning British stuff.
  • Options
    BunniePuffBunniePuff Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    treece01 wrote:

Ahaha, me too! my game is constantly wet and miserable..and everything grinds to a halt when it snows...just like England :D
  • Options
    Emilywill89Emilywill89 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello! I am British - I live by the sea in Worthing - Close to Brighton. It's very Victorian/Edwardian - pebble stone beaches and a big old Victorian pier.

I have decided to try my hand at re-creating this in CAW - this is my first attempt at world building.

I'm hoping the end result will be beautiful and covered in beach bunting but I have no idea when that will happen, but if you are interested I can post pictures - I would love suggestions / help. The terraced houses are the bane of my life so far.

Its medium world - but with lots of residential lots and mews terrace's - I am trying to be as accurate as possible.

http://www.coastalconnect.co.uk/images/worthingpier.jpg

Let me know if your interested and I'll post pictures of my WIP!

Emily
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello! I am British - I live by the sea in Worthing - Close to Brighton. It's very Victorian/Edwardian - pebble stone beaches and a big old Victorian pier.

I have decided to try my hand at re-creating this in CAW - this is my first attempt at world building.

I'm hoping the end result will be beautiful and covered in beach bunting but I have no idea when that will happen, but if you are interested I can post pictures - I would love suggestions / help. The terraced houses are the bane of my life so far.

Its medium world - but with lots of residential lots and mews terrace's - I am trying to be as accurate as possible.

http://www.coastalconnect.co.uk/images/worthingpier.jpg

Let me know if your interested and I'll post pictures of my WIP!

Emily

Welcome to the forums Emily!!! Your world sounds really nice and I'd love to see pics! Perhaps you might like to make a thread in the create a world section? Then you can post screens as you go along and people can follow your progress? If you take a look in that forum you can see how people have a thread for each world they make and you might choose to do something similar. Hope that's helpful! Here is a link to the create a world forum (it's different to the world forum which is for official store worlds): http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/401.page
  • Options
    SimGuruSparkleSimGuruSparkle Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2013
    It's a little known fact, but Barnacle Bay was actually inspired by North Cornwall. Think Newquay on the town side and Padstow on the village side.